Sep 17, 2019
Downloadet BR2.3 in 8 Hours, configured Nvidia for new Exe. Ingame something tweak work,
Unfortunatly not helpfull :cautious:
Since long Time(2Weeks) my first BlackScreen crash with BR Ai_Syoujyo.
Never give up, alternativ i Play my Special Downgradet aslong that goes. Fishing level 60 i´m coming.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
i not use DHH, if you need help with DHH eroshane is your man, he tried fix graphics options and results was good .
For second yes, i put survival mod that was in discord, tried pregnancy mod and others (search in discord if you want some of these or other) but with new illusion patchs mods fail, sideloeader fail for me, and i'm totally noob for fix by myself.
It's not dificult follow instructions for specifics mod (put in x folder or add the .dll file in x folder)
but when modders says update bpinex folders, sideloaders or autotranslation, etc, etc. or you need x version of some thing simply i dont know.
Maybe the easier will be wait for BR 2.3 and test, but hf patch explain each mod so you can auto delete or not and try one by one. Manually is hard and how i said i dont understand or know all mods. (for this reason STN, eroshane, hiddengame and other here are awesome, STN compile, update, test and make work a lot of mods, plugins, etc. And its impossible for him always do well, wich is normal. But really is a great labor, so if i dont like something i simply haven't right to say something bad because i understan that it's hard and require time. I want to know the basic at least for not broke the game adding or erasing files.
Firstly, if avoidable, it is best not to worry too much about Bepinex and all that unless you REALLY need a mod that uses it. If you are experiencing conflicts after an update, downloading a clean version of STN's better repack is the best bet you will get to a clean reinstall of the game. You can save your current version, but starting clean is always best, knowing your current version is tested true and working. Start installing your mods one at a time.

Avoid mods that overwrite game DLLs directly. Sideloaders, Mods, Plugins that go inside Bepinex and then .cs files in scripts are fine, but anything that goes into the AI-Syoujyo_Data folder or anything like that is no bueno...

Do not mod the core files as this WILL almost certainly cause massive conflicts with everyone else's mods. I think that CairBair caught some flames for something like that (may be incorrect). Some people threw that my way but they extracted my zipmod then overwrote their core files with my modded files, which is simply not following the instructions because some arbitrary harmless error reported in a log file they noticed or somesuch regarding a zipmod manifest file, the software I used didn't create a manifest, whatever... If it won't run from the Sideloader Modpack, Mods, or Scripts folders, trash that noob garbage son... (or make a zipmod with the files using the supplied STN BR modding tools yourself and drop it in the sideloader modpack folder)

Whenever anyone specifies you need X version of something (like ManlyMarco's Performance Mod or the Atmospheric Control mod) they usually are dependent on a new feature included in the most recent release of the platform they built on. Like Bepinex for instance. Without having an officially released or leaked source code, modders are scratch coding through reverse engineering. The closest thing we have to an original source code of the game core files are a modded dump of files hacked by VRAM dumping the running game to a folder and utilizing those DLLs as if they are the game, and they are, so to speak, in a crude cloned form, but we use these instead of Unity Engine, although resources can be created in 2018.3.0f2 (I believe was the correct version release) we cannot load the full game yet for real modding/optimization. Like vertice render reduction and LOD distant object culling (there is no legit reason you should be loading the up-close hi-res textures of a computer monitor, in the underground lab, in a building, in the flooded ruins, over a mountain and through a forest, when fishing on the beach at the very beginning of the game), etc. Basically you just need the latest version or one released later (larger number) than the one mentioned. Usually STN's BR has the latest versions of almost all the required plugs for mods. You may need to update one or two things. Usually, these plugins have intsructions on their Patreon or Github on how to install the mod/plugin. Likewise you can check in that install location for the current version you have. Usually the file version number shows when you hover over the icon for the file.

I believe (as of last Tuesday) Bepinex dropped a beta version 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 or something that was awesome and bugfixed a lot on it's own. To update that you will need to grab the latest Bepinex build, AIPMX (or AIBMX whatever it is, I think it is BMX as it is related to custom bone adjustments on models like AI Bone Mod X-something I dunno, X Rated, sure that works lol, X factor lol), and... and... Jesus my mind is drawing a blank here... Something else... at work so sorry... Also you want to grab the latest Bepis plugins. There is another dependency though and my brain is crapping on me right now. (someone else help me out) LOL!
Are these updates actually bringing in performance improvements?

--- MEH --- ;)

By performance improvements, if you mean better FPS stability and less FPS drops/hanging... Yes, they have improved quite a bit from vanilla 1.0.0... If you have a very low end machine (capable of running this game from launch date to now) you will likely see the most improvement at this point, as the +1-2fps here and there across the last 3 patches is virtually unnoticeable on better machines. However, I remember when this first launched if I was standing at the ruins and spun in a circle near the stairs to the sunken part of the "city," FPS would get very unstable, highs around 17-18, normal lows dropping to 5, with frequent freezes and 1-2fps drop spikes/hangs. Now, I am pulling around 32-35fps there commonly, when I spin around in circles it may drop down to about 22-23 with low spikes hitting 12 but only momentary, then stabilizing back around the common fps with literally no freezing at all. That is quite honestly roughly a +90-100% improvement if you critically think about it and contrast the data honestly. Although, being the improvement was across 5 dlc updates/releases, it seems unnoticeable because we don't relate this update to the v1.0.0 -- we contrast v1.0.3 to v1.0.4, and v1.0.4 to v1.0.5 introspectively.

So, although the slow progress and minimal optimization seen from one update to the next appears small, from the initial product to the current one, also considering at first the bloom was massively overdone (and useless as it didn't seem to affect ambient lighting at all, just created a memory hogging globe of blurred atmosphere around area lights), chromatic abberation way out of proportion, you more-or-less NEEDED to disable shadows and SSAO shaders to play, etc., equaling a much more poor feeling cartoonish look -- versus what we see now, it is also quite a bit more polished than originally as well... So it both looks better and performs massively better than 1.0.0.

Ergo, although in subtle baby steps, I would say yes, there has been a lot of improvement since launch. But, again, if you go back to some of my earliest comments here, the game felt like an early Alpha release upon official launch. Most even stated the demo felt more polished. Now it does feel like a near-retail quality stable-beta compared to your average video game. Considering the bare-bones staff and lack of funding they are working with at Illusion, this has made pretty big improvements...

If they'd leak a source code for all the Unity modders out there to load the full game into Unity for real editing, we could likely make better progress optimizing than they have, but that is a "whatever will be will be," situation.

Dazilani

Jun 6, 2018
### Tip 1: Higher Framerates

If anyone wants improved framerate, what I have been doing is running the game at 1/4 resolution.
What I do next is change my windows screen resolution to reflect either the same, or slightly higher than that 1/4 resolution.
What you will have then is a similar sized screen of the game with high framerates.

High enough that I can afford to run it on optimal settings.

Hope that helps =p

For example (see screenshot)

### Tip 2: Best way to power level fishing without the day changing (and your girls being unattended for a while)

At the start of the game, when you have an opportunity to go fishing for the girl, you can fish unlimited amounts without the time changing. Use that opportunity to power level your fishing to a level you want before continuing on with the game.

With 200 or so of these fishes for example, that's already worth 2000 credits with the trader.

### Question 1:
Where are female char stats saved? Are they saved on the actual card itself? Or is it stored somewhere else? I'm trying to back up my current save game including female char stats, etc.

### Question 2:
The trader girl has a 0/500 thing next to her name. What is the significance of that 0/500 thing?

### Question 3:
How many traits can our girls have?

### Question 4:
Can we change their lifestyle once they have already acquired one in the game?

### Question 5:
Is it true that we should only focus on leveling two stats initially, until they get their (our desired) lifestyle?

Last edited:

Sworyi

Mar 6, 2019
That was well said.

So glad more modders are using Bepinex and that it’s been updated.

On a note for the mods what exactly does the hardcore mod do now — since apparently you can’t die from a previous poster — except it does something with PJs(?). I wasn’t exactly sure.

Oh and regarding the updates I’m assuming the changes were more optimization for LOD and texture loading. They probably load a lot better now than before hence the fps improvement.
That’s a really good improvement too...
Guess illusion was a bit anxious so they wanted to put it out.

How are people enjoying the game though? It’s basically survival plus girl sim dating?

And have there been any issues with AMD cards?

I have an AMD card and I’ll also report if there’s issues or abnormalities with mine, but the major obtrusion is w10... now if it doesn’t install generic gpu driver it instead installs AMD Lite Mobile — even when you already have the correct gpu driver. Wtfff

Edit:
What exactly does DHH do? Is it like Reshade or its a bit more than that? I could barely find any info on this and it’s been the first time I’ve heard about it

Reactions: EroShane

27X

Oct 30, 2019
### Tip 1: Higher Framerates

If anyone wants improved framerate, what I have been doing is running the game at 1/4 resolution.
What I do next is change my windows screen resolution to reflect either the same, or slightly higher than that 1/4 resolution.
What you will have then is a similar sized screen of the game with high framerates.

High enough that I can afford to run it on optimal settings.

Hope that helps =p

For example (see screenshot)

### Tip 2: Best way to power level fishing without the day changing (and your girls being unattended for a while)

At the start of the game, when you have an opportunity to go fishing for the girl, you can fish unlimited amounts without the time changing. Use that opportunity to power level your fishing to a level you want before continuing on with the game.

With 200 or so of these fishes for example, that's already worth 2000 credits with the trader.

### Question 1:
Where are female char stats saved? Are they saved on the actual card itself? Or is it stored somewhere else? I'm trying to back up my current save game including female char stats, etc.

### Question 2:
The trader girl has a 0/500 thing next to her name. What is the significance of that 0/500 thing?

### Question 3:
How many traits can our girls have?

### Question 4:
Can we change their lifestyle once they have already acquired one in the game?

### Question 5:
Is it true that we should only focus on leveling two stats initially, until they get their (our desired) lifestyle?
1. On the card
2. She gains affinity based on how many things you sell her, but she's not a waifu and never will be, as she's literally damaged goods
3. the list is next to the name in status unless you're talking about what makes their behavior and that's four
4. Yes
5. You do you, but it also doesn't affect the girls as much as you think.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
That was well said.

On a note for the mods what exactly does the hardcore mod do now — since apparently you can’t die from a previous poster — except it does something with PJs(?). I wasn’t exactly sure.

Oh and regarding the updates I’m assuming the changes were more optimization for LOD and texture loading. They probably load a lot better now than before hence the fps improvement.

How are people enjoying the game though? It’s basically survival plus girl sim dating?

I have an AMD card and I’ll also report if there’s issues or abnormalities with mine, but the major obtrusion is w10... now if it doesn’t install generic gpu driver it instead installs AMD Lite Mobile — even when you already have the correct gpu driver. Wtfff

Edit:
What exactly does DHH do? Is it like Reshade or its a bit more than that? I could barely find any info on this and it’s been the first time I’ve heard about it
AMD issues have been fixed, but some of the shaders run much better under nVidia than they do GCN, simple as.

DHH is nothing like reshade, and far more like ENB without the memory control.

Last edited:

Sworyi

Mar 6, 2019
AMD issues have been fixed, but some of the shaders run much better under nVidia than they GCN, simple as.

DHH is nothing like reshade, and far more like ENB without the memory control.
ENB?? Erhm so DHH is something to do with graphics involving shading? I'm not exactly sure what ENB is to be honest. I've been out of the scene for quite a while...

So what exactly is DHH if you don't mind me asking?

Also thanks for the update on AMD. What shaders if you know? So I could know it might not be my card.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
DHH is a unity agnostic suite of graphical shaders combined with the specific version of HDR10 compatible coding that AI Girl was made under, which allows you to access HDR and 10bit color.

ReShade is a generic shader library that works with almost anything, ENB is a per-game app Boris made for various things he wanted to do with games he liked that happens to concentrate on graphics, but isn't exclusive to it, as an example the ENB for Skyrim also contains a shitload of memory utilities and a method for managing other injected libraries like SMP or PE. Reshade doesn't do anything like that.

DHH also runs more efficient code than the base options in AI Girl, so turning off the graphic options except self shadowing and running DHH will actually boost your framerate while still using similar effects to the base game.

If you have strong enough hardware you can also use DHH to actually boost the base graphic options also although this will kick the hell out of your framerate.

Sworyi

Mar 6, 2019
DHH is a unity agnostic suite of graphical shaders combined with the specific version of HDR10 compatible coding that AI Girl was made under, which allows you to access HDR and 10bit color.

ReShade is a generic shader library that works with almost anything, ENB is a per-game app Boris made for various things he wanted to do with games he liked that happens to concentrate on graphics, but isn't exclusive to it, as an example the ENB for Skyrim also contains a shitload of memory utilities and a method for managing other injected libraries like SMP or PE. Reshade doesn't do anything like that.

DHH also runs more efficient code than the base options in AI Girl, so turning off the graphic options except self shadowing and running DHH will actually boost your framerate while still using similar effects to the base game.

If you have strong enough hardware you can also use DHH to actually boost the base graphic options also although this will kick the hell out of your framerate.
ah that ENB. I only remember the one for skyrim. I never used it much but that explains it thanks.

Also there's HDR and 10 bit?! Do we have to enable it ingame plus enable it on windows settings or just enabling it ingame works? So for graphics just use DHH except leave the self shadowing on? What about resolution, anti aliasing?

Erh -- or did I read that wrong and DHH is the only way for HDR and 10bit?

27X

Oct 30, 2019
What you choose to do with it is up to you.

You need DHH to run HDR and access the 10bit code, WCG must also be enabled in Windows 10, and you have to have a 10bit capable card running in 10 bit color and 10/12/14bit monitor.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
That was well said.

Edit:
To answer some of your questions...

The Hardcore/Survival Mod adds the need to eat and sleep to the main character (you will be slowed to walk speed if you fail to maintain) and also makes it so your girls can die (permanent coma state) if their stats fall too low. You can reload the girl but she loses her stats gained before death and starts a clean slate. Allegedly adds new menus etc., but I haven't tested it since it's most recent updates this week.

This game is fun, it is more focused and foraging, survival, and upgrading bases than "dating." Unless you count teaching a girl how to catch bugs, dig through trash cans, or mine ore as dating. The only real "dating" aspect is eating meals together, and that is usually because the dimwit is starving and you are forcing her to eat something. No, dating is not a term I would use. The girls are androids, and really stupid ones at that, at least in the beginning... You need to train them to survive by guiding them how to live is more like it. I would completely suggest not rushing the game by using the resources cheat or anything like that. I put 237 hours into my first game (only had to stop because the save from 1.0.0-1.0.3 wouldn't load with v1.0.4). None of my girls were maxed on any stat yet and they did lots of stuff on their own. It seems that they cannot do, or will most likely not do most activities, unless you show at least one of them, and they are all social enough to learn from each other. The game is designed to be a little grindy and progress slowly. It seems (by my own observation and what others have reported to me, also with my reading through the game code for better understanding of what is happening on the backend) that is you rush filling the girls stats without them going through the proper chain of experiences, that you will end up with a high leveled shell of a girl with little personality or development. All my girls are very interactive with the world around them, each other, and my hero character, but that evolution took time and lots of interactions.

On the backend it seems that in each girl's card there is (for lack of better terms) an XML table, it's not actually, but for the sake of mental visualization we'll call it that. Every possible game interaction is logged here and the frequency each has been performed. If she is involved in an interaction multiple times, she can start adding that as a choice to her possible activities she will choose (every 30 delta seconds the game casts a random 100 roll against what was 16 possible categories with modifiers from your parameters, skills, maker traits/desires, and lifestyle scores, each has a small positive/negative influence on the roll for each score, the winning score opens up a subroutine roll for the different activities governed by that score, plus the numbers on the timer for that possible choice outcome, 70+ timer points equals the most likely main category the subroutine action is selected from with all other modifiers considered mathematically), the more activities she is exposed to, the more diverse her behaviors, provided she has the right gear in her inventory to perform the action, any nulls in the routine and she will idle (waste time) until the next roll.

The DHH Mod enables you to control many facets of the games post processing and graphics options with a menu based slider system. In my case, I am getting the low resolution framerate I would get at 1/4 texture res and 720 with full texture graphics on 1080p/4K (on my monitor 2K has a 30hz refresh so frames get locked at 30fps and below), with only shadows turned on in options. [see recent in-game screenshots]

NOTE: I have not updated to 1.0.5 yet, need to download the BR pack.

Current5.jpg current6.jpg current7.jpg

However, the problem with DHH Mod that I assume is the gripe of most, it takes a good eye and lots of subtle adjustments to make the image look nice and clean. If not you can really goof up how the image looks if you adjust too many things at once. I suggest looking at the first option, mentally noting the current value, then slide it all the way, then all the way down, back up, back down, then after seeing what it does, adjust it to your liking. Repeat with all the various settings. As you go further through you will find that some readjust the visuals of others, where you may need to go back and dial something else down/up. The best practice is to tweak minor adjustments in a few locations with lots of depth in the scenery. Then consider day/night scenery. This way you can get your blacks black, making shadows darker and more believable, this also makes cracks and crannies more visible and 3D looking, your whites white, your ambient light color a light off-yellow (like the sun), the highlights more shimmery, and the ambient lighting affects more realistic and influential. Also, you can make your days bright and nights dark. There is a lot that you can do but be prepared to invest some time in your little work of art world.

Hope this is somewhat helpful...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
1. On the card
2. She gains affinity based on how many things you sell her, but she's not a waifu and never will be, as she's literally damaged goods
3. the list is next to the name in status unless you're talking about what makes their behavior and that's four
4. Yes
5. You do you, but it also doesn't affect the girls as much as you think.
#2 is hilarious! LOL! Yeah, her mobo is fouled...

Sworyi

Mar 6, 2019
What you choose to do with it is up to you.

You need DHH to run HDR and access the 10bit code, WCG must also be enabled in Windows 10, and you have to have a 10bit capable card running in 10 bit color and 10/12/14bit monitor.
Oh right; i forgot about the 10 bit card... which no consumer card has that... I don't have a workstation card either. fhhkkkk Thanks

Sworyi

Mar 6, 2019
To answer some of your questions...

The Hardcore/Survival Mod adds the need to eat and sleep to the main character (you will be slowed to walk speed if you fail to maintain) and also makes it so your girls can die (permanent coma state) if their stats fall too low. You can reload the girl but she loses her stats gained before death and starts a clean slate. Allegedly adds new menus etc., but I haven't tested it since it's most recent updates this week.

This game is fun, it is more focused and foraging, survival, and upgrading bases than "dating." Unless you count teaching a girl how to catch bugs, dig through trash cans, or mine ore as dating. The only real "dating" aspect is eating meals together, and that is usually because the dimwit is starving and you are forcing her to eat something. No, dating is not a term I would use. The girls are androids, and really stupid ones at that, at least in the beginning... You need to train them to survive by guiding them how to live is more like it. I would completely suggest not rushing the game by using the resources cheat or anything like that. I put 237 hours into my first game (only had to stop because the save from 1.0.0-1.0.3 wouldn't load with v1.0.4). None of my girls were maxed on any stat yet and they did lots of stuff on their own. It seems that they cannot do, or will most likely not do most activities, unless you show at least one of them, and they are all social enough to learn from each other. The game is designed to be a little grindy and progress slowly. It seems (by my own observation and what others have reported to me, also with my reading through the game code for better understanding of what is happening on the backend) that is you rush filling the girls stats without them going through the proper chain of experiences, that you will end up with a high leveled shell of a girl with little personality or development. All my girls are very interactive with the world around them, each other, and my hero character, but that evolution took time and lots of interactions.

On the backend it seems that in each girl's card there is (for lack of better terms) an XML table, it's not actually, but for the sake of mental visualization we'll call it that. Every possible game interaction is logged here and the frequency each has been performed. If she is involved in an interaction multiple times, she can start adding that as a choice to her possible activities she will choose (every 30 delta seconds the game casts a random 100 roll against what was 16 possible categories with modifiers from your parameters, skills, maker traits/desires, and lifestyle scores, each has a small positive/negative influence on the roll for each score, the winning score opens up a subroutine roll for the different activities governed by that score, plus the numbers on the timer for that possible choice outcome, 70+ timer points equals the most likely main category the subroutine action is selected from with all other modifiers considered mathematically), the more activities she is exposed to, the more diverse her behaviors, provided she has the right gear in her inventory to perform the action, any nulls in the routine and she will idle (waste time) until the next roll.

The DHH Mod enables you to control many facets of the games post processing and graphics options with a menu based slider system. In my case, I am getting the low resolution framerate I would get at 1/4 texture res and 720 with full texture graphics on 1080p/4K (on my monitor 2K has a 30hz refresh so frames get locked at 30fps and below), with only shadows turned on in options. [see recent in-game screenshots]

NOTE: I have not updated to 1.0.5 yet, need to download the BR pack.

View attachment 482989 View attachment 482990 View attachment 482991

However, the problem with DHH Mod that I assume is the gripe of most, it takes a good eye and lots of subtle adjustments to make the image look nice and clean. If not you can really goof up how the image looks if you adjust too many things at once. I suggest looking at the first option, mentally noting the current value, then slide it all the way, then all the way down, back up, back down, then after seeing what it does, adjust it to your liking. Repeat with all the various settings. As you go further through you will find that some readjust the visuals of others, where you may need to go back and dial something else down/up. The best practice is to tweak minor adjustments in a few locations with lots of depth in the scenery. Then consider day/night scenery. This way you can get your blacks black, making shadows darker and more believable, this also makes cracks and crannies more visible and 3D looking, your whites white, your ambient light color a light off-yellow (like the sun), the highlights more shimmery, and the ambient lighting affects more realistic and influential. Also, you can make your days bright and nights dark. There is a lot that you can do but be prepared to invest some time in your little work of art world.

Hope this is somewhat helpful...
I guess I should of said "simulation" instead -- since that's what "dating simu"s have now turned into.. -- not necessarily actually having to date. Oh androids... huh. What do you know.

uh yeah I figured so much for the DHH options haha. At least from what you're telling me it's not so bad since it's sliders... instead of a .txt >__>.

Does the full repack come with the latest Bep? Or am i supposed to download that separate? I couldn't really tell.

Also thanks for the answser

So is the game fun with the simulation and the actual foraging/crafting aspect?

• Thinking Face

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Oh right; i forgot about the 10 bit card... which no consumer card has that... I don't have a workstation card either. fhhkkkk Thanks
nVidia 10XX and 20XX do 10 bit out of the gate provide you have hdmi 1.4 or better or DP1.2 or better.
Vega natively supports 10bit.

Speaking of fancy color bits:

For those wondering what Masterpussy does: AI_2019-12-09-22-45-06-210.png AI_2019-12-09-23-55-45-766.png

Reactions: HiddenGameMember
3.30 star(s) 32 Votes