• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

InaB_

Oct 7, 2019
does anyone know of a script or mod that cuts down on the time it takes to pick up resources (dig, pick, mine, etc.) - think i've asked this a while ago - maybe something was created meanwhile?

Yagami_18

Jul 13, 2017
Which Version did you get installed? is the initsetting.exe still in your Game Folder? try to start with adminrights?
normal Game start with only game exe is no Problem after initsetting adjusted the Mods /Bepinnex.
latest version R2.3....ok i try later ...
all that mod just for make max better quality for game right..which mod should i delete for making better performance(boost fps) :unsure:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
True, Illusion isn't using the most stable build of the engine, which can be a double edged sword. Sure, they have access to the latest improvements over the more stable versions, but at the same time, they have all the bugs in the build they chose to use that haven't been fixed. It wasn't really meant as a complaint, just something to note as far as Illusion's more recent track record.

Seeing as 7 is going out of service in the not too distant future, probably not. That said, games usually still do support it at least for the time being because of how many didn't make the switch to 10 or even 8.
I certainly understand where you are coming from... Sorry, as I skim through I see a lot of people ramming against Unity, which as a student of Unity and CSharp, I realize this comes from lack of education in the software. I choose to learn Unity vs. Unreal and others because I seen what people had done in the others and how they improved it in Unity. Then I see people complain about FPS a lot, then say they are getting above 30fps, which should be fine. The game runs exactly as it should at 30fps so anything above is just lag prevention padding.

I realized after I responded it was you I was responding to and figured my mind read it out of context, then figured, ah I'll leave it since there will be someone in the next 48 hours complaining about the same things anyway. LOL!

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
The actual game... not much. I worked it as a far range sniper as much as I could due to the FPS issues.
It was an impressive tech demo and had the most gorgeous water I'd ever seen at the time. So it was more about drooling over the GFX (naturally I played with all setting cranked except AA) than playing the game (it was just a basic shooter anyway).
It was just a bad pun... LOL!

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
latest version R2.3....ok i try later ...
all that mod just for make max better quality for game right..which mod should i delete for making better performance(boost fps) :unsure:
No, it made it so that the post processing was being handled much better so that performance was far greater regardless of what settings you use. The higher the settings the more apparent the difference obviously, but the stability improvements are universal. It also added some new building items and outfits.

Reactions: HiddenGameMember

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
So, I was working on "the Wharf," and realized that I may actually start revamping the playable area on the map for fun... You can actually build beyond the edge of the map, as half of the Wharf goes beyond the map's land -- they setup no collisions with the edge of the playable world.

AI_2019-12-18-14-23-10-070.png AI_2019-12-18-14-47-40-382.png

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I certainly understand where you are coming from... Sorry, as I skim through I see a lot of people ramming against Unity, which as a student of Unity and CSharp, I realize this comes from lack of education in the software. I choose to learn Unity vs. Unreal and others because I seen what people had done in the others and how they improved it in Unity. Then I see people complain about FPS a lot, then say they are getting above 30fps, which should be fine. The game runs exactly as it should at 30fps so anything above is just lag prevention padding.

I realized after I responded it was you I was responding to and figured my mind read it out of context, then figured, ah I'll leave it since there will be someone in the next 48 hours complaining about the same things anyway. LOL!
No, you're fine. I've got nothing against Unity, it's actually a decent engine when used right. I think most of the complaints actually stem from an expectation with how games have advanced in the refresh rate capability department. I still remember when 30 was as far as a game could go, but now it's doubled or even quadrupled in some cases. With the majority of high profile games running at 60 or even 120, I think people are starting to expect a minimum of 60 without realizing everything that goes into making that happen.

Reactions: EroShane

Pimpim

May 13, 2017
I think most of the complaints actually stem from an expectation with how games have advanced in the refresh rate capability department. I still remember when 30 was as far as a game could go, but now it's doubled or even quadrupled in some cases.
60 fps used to be the standard back in the old days. It was not until PS3/x360 we started seeing 30 fps in multiplatform titles.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
No, you're fine. I've got nothing against Unity, it's actually a decent engine when used right. I think most of the complaints actually stem from an expectation with how games have advanced in the refresh rate capability department. I still remember when 30 was as far as a game could go, but now it's doubled or even quadrupled in some cases. With the majority of high profile games running at 60 or even 120, I think people are starting to expect a minimum of 60 without realizing everything that goes into making that happen.
With Unity it isn't possible. I mean you CAN have higher hardware frames but it doesn't make anything faster on the Unity side anyway. I was just looking at the game's anims, wrote up a starting point tutorial (spent a few hours with guys in mod chat last night, Anon11 and Enimaroah gave me a lot of seasoned wisdom in a short time), and just as I already knew from my own game, anims are hard locked at 30fps in the H scenes. The game itself, internally is 30fps. So, instead of trying to hit high fps, adjust your graphics up until the frames drop to 30fps -- is the way to look at performance/graphics in this game. LOL!

Most of those games that utilize HD refresh rates (started with 720p monitors at 60hz) are built on proprietary engines though. These are typically not available to the public, and when they are, they carry a hefty price tag, like $5k-10K. Not something the average Joe programmer can just pick up for spare time shiggles.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
60 fps used to be the standard back in the old days. It was not until PS3/x360 we started seeing 30 fps in multiplatform titles.
Again though, this was a hardware side only function -- except with things like Quake or PC Unreal Tournament, because the faster your FPS were, the faster you could move in the game, which gave people an unfair edge on multiplayer online with very high end systems... That was also when 256MB RAM chips were a thing. If you had 4Gb of RAM you were the man! (and likely had a ridiculous 48in tall computer case) Now that's netbook/tablet standards. That was a fluke, which led to the hype, although it was never intended, because then, you had old standard monitors with a 30Hz (or below) refresh rate. Ergo, seeing anything past 30FPS was literally impossible.

Now if you have a 60hz monitor, a 10bit 100Hz, 12bit 120hz, or 16bit 160Hz monitor, and a compliant graphics card, you can actually get a hardware accelerated 60/100/120/160FPS respectively, but that only goes as far as more rapidly rendering distant scenery. You will get a few ms greater reaction time as the faster moving animations will transition more smoothly, so things like MMO shooters and stuff, this still helps a little, but won't make you the best on the playing field by default (like it used to due to FPS bugs). However, with most games, even FPS as low as 25 won't affect the gameplay at all. It will affect the details of distant loaded shaders, shadow smoothness, and light/particle emission and occlusion slightly. You see the real performance hit when you fall below 24FPS. Then it gets annoying, 18FPS is noticeably laggy, 12FPS is frustratingly laggy and stuttering, anything below is almost completely unplayable.

Reactions: alex2011

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Another teaser -- interior 1st floor of the Wharf, thinking of theme-ing each floor. (close to complete I believe, but it's time for dinner, and gonna watch Frozen II with my daughter)... Be back at it later y'all...
AI_2019-12-18-19-43-57-102.png

Reactions: kosmo83

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
60fps still is the target on PC, it just doesnt seem like Illusion got the message.

People dont buy high-end graphics cards to play some unoptimized garbage at 25 fps, just because illusion cant get its things right.
There is no excuse that SBPR or this game run as bad as they do, especially considering that they use textures/materials that look like they belong into a 2001 game - just cruel to look at.

• Haha

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
60fps still is the target on PC, it just doesnt seem like Illusion got the message.

People dont buy high-end graphics cards to play some unoptimized garbage at 25 fps, just because illusion cant get its things right.
There is no excuse that SBPR or this game run as bad as they do, especially considering that they use textures/materials that look like they belong into a 2001 game - just cruel to look at.
The textures look that way because of the HDRP utilizing a multilevel shader system (R channel = Diffuse or Albedo, G = Normal map, B = combined texture overlay of Edge, Smoothness/Metallic, and AO map) and they only set the Diffuse and Normal channel. That was a total fluke, especially since the basic BB Materialize software is a free download to produce excellent PBR HD textures.

As stated a multitude of times previously, 60FPS would do nothing for play performance on Unity 2018.2.12p3 as the engine is hard limited code-wise at 30fps. All the new HDRP betas are, even the latest I use 2019.2.7f2-64bit. You can get the hardware side acceleration above 60fps, but it looks no different since the limit is internal in the game engine. Maybe smoother looking shadows and distant particles if you spin in circles while recording and then play it back at 1/4 speed or something, but that stuff is unnoticeable to the human eye on a 50in monitor at 96in distance. When sitting as close as I do to my 55in monitor (about 24-30in nose to screen) you can see the improved lighting/shadow, occlusion, and distant particles better when moving around quickly or turning when pulling 60-80fps. You can also see it if you use the "scale_time.cs" mod to speed up time 2x or 4x and run around, then you can really see a difference in the lack of stutter on a 55in HD monitor in 1080p/2K/4K at 60Hz+ screen refresh on openGL compliant cards with DX11/12 shader support, etc... Otherwise, meh, you really don't see it. It is truly splitting hairs.

Noted, they certainly could have done better, especially with optimization for lower end PCs -- even more so after the gripes coming from Sexy Beach Zero and Koikatsu for performance, but the idea of these complaints are moot to the programmers as it is not a glitch breaking the game. If you are getting over 30FPS at max settings, then you are seeing all this game has to offer graphically, anything above is just smoothing distant scenery. You can always fine tune the settings with extended graphics and DHH mods to squeeze out a little better a fine tuned picture, but the latest release looks almost as good with far greater performance.

Just my two cents on this ongoing subject. Illusion couldn't have made something that utilizes higher FPS using the game engine they used. If they did, with their 30fps anims, the H scenes would all run faster or slower depending on GPU FPS, which would make that part of the game suck for people on high and low end machines. H would be Fast-forward speeds or super slow-mo. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: We could do shader/texture upgrades simple enough, but I mean it looks nothing like a 2001 game... Voted best graphics in 2001: Max Payne LOL!!!
MaxPayne.jpeg

Last edited:

nukexdevil

Aug 13, 2019
As stated a multitude of times previously, 60FPS would do nothing for play performance on Unity
Its not about Unity, its about smooth gameplay experience, aka. "how it looks on your screen".

There are only two options on your normal Monitor that will not cause stuttering due to inconsistent frametimes:
60fps (one image per refresh of your panel)
30fps (one image every 2 refreshes of your panel)

That should cover 99% of the users, not diggint into Adaptive Sync and 144hz etc.

But... neither SBPR, nor AIGirl can hit 30 fps reliably, framerate and frametimes are all over the place, causing input lag, and creating perceivable stuttering due to incosistent frame delivery.

but that stuff is unnoticeable to the human eye on a 50in monitor at 96in distance.
I completely disagree with this.

Even without looking at the framerate i can feel the difference in Input in games, i see if a game runs with 60 fps, or 40.
And AIGirl tends to drop below 20 on a 1080... its inacceptable for a 90$ game (or whatever its price is.)

There are plenty of unity games running at 60 fps, even if physics etc. runs at 30, there is no excuse. (maybe except Illusions inability)

You can also see it if you use the "scale_time.cs" mod to speed up time 2x or 4x and run around, then you can really see a difference in the lack of stutter on a 55in HD monitor in 1080p/2K/4K at 60Hz+ screen refresh on openGL compliant cards with DX11/12 shader support, etc... Otherwise, meh, you really don't see it. It is truly splitting hairs.
Thats simply making the game run twice as fast, which has nothing to do with shitty framerates and frametimes.
Even if we ignore the fact that everything would be twice as fast then, the frametimes would still cause noticable stuttering and input-lag, especially with the game dipping from 50fps to 18 by just turning around.

Just my two cents on this ongoing subject. Illusion couldn't have made something that utilizes higher FPS using the game engine they used.
Then, how do all the other Games manage to do this, including some big names:

- Hearthstone
- Ori and the blind Forest (probably ori 2 too)
- Cities Skylines
- etc.

The displayed framerate is not tied to some internal calculations that may, or not, run on 30 fps.

It is simply Illusions inability to optimize their game properly, it goes from 75 to 40 fps on an empty building island, where there is absolutely nothing that should cause such a slowdown.

It is better than SBPR, but its still nowhere near where it should be.
I even remember that they were doing useless Stuff per frame in SBPR.

If they did, with their 30fps anims, the H scenes would all run faster or slower depending on GPU FPS, which would make that part of the game suck for people on high and low end machines. H would be Fast-forward speeds or super slow-mo. LOL! :ROFLMAO:
Actually, no, if programmed correctly (yeah, i know, we are talking illusion here).
Its not that hard to divide/multiply a vector/float (movement) by a float (delta), idk whats wrong with Illusion.
Actual calculation would be:
Value * Delta * 60, and then its unbound from framerate. (a bit more complex for physics, but thats not the thing we are talking about.)

If illusion is unable to properly scale their game for the default framerate on PC, all hope is lost.

EDIT: We could do shader/texture upgrades simple enough, but I mean it looks nothing like a 2001 game... Voted best graphics in 2001: Max Payne LOL!!!
I was more shooting at some of the "textures" that are just garbage, like the fountain in the city, its just a blurry mess.
Some materials are fine, others not, some are simply scaled too high, or have a too low resolution.

Of course the characters in AIGirl have more polygons than a 2001 game, but its still worlds behind what is the current standard for PC games.

EDIT:
Lets not fight over such things, just think about "what the game could be" if Illusion wouldnt run on mid-2000s-standards for their games.

Last edited:

fayq

Nov 19, 2019
Hey I've got problem, I'm using BR 2.3, using saves 100%, copy paste the AI_ExtraGirl, it's showed up on the plugin setting, applied, restart the game then when I want to change girl, I can't choose the 3 bottom icon of the other girl, scroll not working also, any fix? Sorry for my bad English

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Be nice if wiki was more fleshed out on stats. So I get perversion, and trust, but humanity I am confused is more of that good for watching her bath or get naked or bad? The wiki just says it effects how they react but not if they react better or worse. And vigilance I think I want down, although in theory if they are ok with me seeing them naked it shouldn't be a problem if they detect me right?

And Darkness there is nothing on that just assume its how emo they are or mad at me...

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes