Others Abandoned Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

3.40 star(s) 50 Votes

Elblargodelolz

May 15, 2020
I hope SJ doesn't overwork themselves. I have seen it before where both the developer and releases suffer horribly and then have the ungrateful ones scream and cry making things worse to the point they just give up working on it all together leaving the rest of us with a half done game and a good developer disappearing.

Ricewind19901

Feb 12, 2020
I hope SJ doesn't overwork themselves. I have seen it before where both the developer and releases suffer horribly and then have the ungrateful ones scream and cry making things worse to the point they just give up working on it all together leaving the rest of us with a half done game and a good developer disappearing.
"Ungrateful ones"

I mean, don't say you are going to release on a certain date and then postpone
And then postpone again.

They are much better off just not announcing any dates at all and just releasing when done. Instead of making promises and continuing to break them anyways. The latter is the same result as the first, but now you're also pissing people off.

Also, some of those "ungrateful ones" are people that are paying through something like Patreon for their product.

I don't think you've put much thought in your post at all.

Elblargodelolz

May 15, 2020
"Ungrateful ones"

I mean, don't say you are going to release on a certain date and then postpone
And then postpone again.

They are much better off just not announcing any dates at all and just releasing when done. Instead of making promises and continuing to break them anyways. The latter is the same result as the first, but now you're also pissing people off.

Also, some of those "ungrateful ones" are people that are paying through something like Patreon for their product.

I don't think you've put much thought in your post at all.
Yes time management and communication go a hell of a long way, especially with these kinds of situations, but sometimes things can happen unexpectedly to the developers (writers block, loss of family/friends, health issues, etc.) and as unfortunate as it may be if the issue is too personal the developer may not want to talk or even post an update until they get their situation under control.

As for the "ungrateful ones" I am referring to those who abuse, harass or attempt to slander the developers. YES some of them have paid for it and YES patience may be stretched but acting in such a manner does not help the situation. Questions, comments and trying to find out what is going on is one thing but when people start screaming about how they own the developer, how the developers have to work for them and even outright threats THEN it becomes a problem and can even affect the mentality of the developer. I'm not saying stay silent but patience, maturity and the right kind of questions will go farther than just screaming out slurs and threats.

I have also seen the opposite side of this as well where developers are arrogant, greedy and just see the patrons as free money but from what I have seen SJ is generally a decent developer who may have a hiccup here or there but tries to do the best they can both for themselves and the patrons. And I am not saying the patrons for SJ are ungrateful, I am saying I have seen OTHER developers suffer due to a lack of patience, poor communication and misplaced anger and do not wish for SJ to become another to fall in such a manner.

Reactions: xlovalotx

Nibbato_Jr

May 20, 2020
im stuck on a quest that says "delivery done that nyan headset sounds pretty intresting i have to catch her in her room sometime and maybe will catch her in that headset" can someone help me

PervectKakarot

Oct 8, 2017
update taking ;-; sad, but our Sensei Stick Jump always does a great job what we have left is to really wait to see this game beauty

Mimimon

Jan 28, 2018
I think you should focus on how to keep the save game in newest version or maybe you should make a short cut for new scenes only, because I'm tired of playing all over again.

Vuk91

Oct 15, 2018
So uh, how am I supposed to start the game in my files, I dont see any sort of executable or anything here.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I loaded it up and I just got faced with a NW.JS boot up screen.
Maybe a permissions thing, check the security settings and maybe try running it as an administrator. My games is just kept in the downloads folder and a double click starts it up fine (but usually slowly).

3.40 star(s) 50 Votes