1.90 star(s) 35 Votes

timm6655

Jul 6, 2017
Think the NPC sex scene are glitched. Can't seem to find them anywhere in the maps, also theres a glitch when you get hit by a monster while going down or up a map your character get stuck and you have to exit to main menu, and how do you accesses the NPC manager

Last edited:

z0r

Jun 1, 2017
They really still haven't added a resolution option after like 2 years?
That's some boo boo shit.

Angelgt1990

Nov 10, 2017
View attachment 60504

Overview:
Almastriga is a classic metroidvania game where you play as Jane, a cursed woman at odds against a great evil that wants to use her as a vessel to cross into the world’s dimensional plane and take it over. However, Jane quickly realizes the curse isn’t all bad.
Do you have what it takes to help Jane withstand evil’s lure and rid herself of her curse before it’s too late?​

Thread Updated: 2020-01-20
Release Date: 2020-01-08
Developer: Taboolicious
Censored: No
Version: Build 24
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

Extra:

Thanks Mchammer22 for sharing the game and @Krull for the CG Rip

View attachment 59763 View attachment 59801 View attachment 229580 View attachment 229581 View attachment 229582 View attachment 229583 View attachment 229584
Woooow this game look´s AMAZING!!!!
Taboolicius GREAT JOB!!!!

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
is this game still ridiculously hard?
Based on my first time playing it the last couple of days, it's mostly the shitty artificial difficulty of terrible platforming and a really bad blocking system. So, you tend to phase through platforms, and can easily be stunlocked / knocked into a 2 hit kill spike pit.

The blocking system has a shield spawn in after a second or 2, and despawning sometime later, then not being able to be respawned for an unknown amount of time (at least I never found a way to tell). Since the shield is the only way to stop the attacks that knock you back into spike pits (besides dodging obviously, but that doesn't help in the air) it's almost impossible to go through the dungeon without memorizing enemy locations.

There wouldn't be a big problem with the easy deaths (only from spike pits in my run through), except there's only 1 save room (that I found) and no map, shortcuts, or fast travel. Maybe there are more save rooms, or shorcuts, but I don't care enough or have the skill to muscle through this game to find out. You also can't heal outside of random enemy drops and some rooms with weapons, despite the menu showing potions on the character screen.

Weapon drops and level ups reset on death, so I have something like 5 copies of the shield found early in the dungeon. The only difference between the weapons I saw is one is a punching weapon, the others are all the same spears with different damage, so none of them matter after the first boss of the dungeon, which dropped the best weapon I saw. The shields are all identical as far as I can tell, there's no stat screen for them or any kind I found.

There is a clock system, which lacks the crucial feature in a single player game to wait time out in some way other than the game running, so I have no idea if the NPC schedules work since I didn't have the patience to wait it out and watch them.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Honestly it wouldn't be that bad if the save system worked as intended. Sure the platforming is awful and makes you have an aneurysm every time your character falls through the platform and descends into another dimension, but with how long the demo is (10 min max if you know where to go and another 1 min to get back) it isn't that bad for an alpha thing. That is if the save worked. I want to see the scenes after finishing the build, quitting and reloading I can't because the game reset the save and deleted the monsters from the farm. If that worked then I wouldn't have that much of a problem with this build. But they fucked the gallery and tied it to a mechanic that doesn't work and thus force the players to go through that buggy hell again.

All in all. In my opinion if the save system worked then I could overlook the piece of shit gameplay since the game isn't even into beta stage and more of a early, early alpha but I could still see everything. That was the case in previous builds. Get double jump get the gallery. Now replay the build and pray that you can see the scenes at a later date.

Also I like the art and the setting. Could be a good game if they just fix the save and the optimization.
Cheers, not bothering then.

I always liked the art and the general vibe of this game, the horrendous buggy gameplay / save system annoys me so hard though, that even the CG and Sprites aren't worth it for me. Checked out the new scenes that got added with the previous update once, that's about it.

It will be at least a decent game when it works properly (finally) but until then i won't bother with it.

Cormac

May 18, 2017
Same doubt of leaderginta, where is the room? I saw in the farm, but not from the npcs in town

Feb 15, 2018
So you pretty much have 1 save at the start of the game and has to start all over the game if you die 1 hour later?Truly annoying even after i mastered slaying everything i still die falling on some dumb spikes that you don't see.

pixliv

Oct 10, 2017
So has anyone actually seen the new npc scenes yet or is the same problem happening to everyone including me?

clero

Sep 29, 2019
So you pretty much have 1 save at the start of the game and has to start all over the game if you die 1 hour later?Truly annoying even after i mastered slaying everything i still die falling on some dumb spikes that you don't see.
You can save at the beginning of each area where there is a cave. Inside the cave there is a dead corpse, you step over it and you can chose to save the game.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
You can save at the beginning of each area where there is a cave. Inside the cave there is a dead corpse, you step over it and you can chose to save the game.
Which is fine, except that some people (like me) find it far too annoying and full of fake difficulty to advance through the first dungeon. So there's only one save point. Now, if there were shortcuts you could unlock as you advance that'd be different but as it is you have to do the entire thing over if you, for example, get stun locked into the numerous spike pits or simply fall into one you didn't see as you jump down.

They could have points where you unlock doors or knock down ladders to skip areas, which wouldn't be far off of other metroidvania games made in recent years.

That and the quests and item (weapon and shields) drops reset even after a save, so you'll end up with as many of the shields you get at the start as you reload your save.

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
The new build is out apparently and I have read the changelong. A mining job for a NPC and a sneak peak of a navigation system. That is it. No bug fixes (at least not mentioned) nor talk of fixing things that are objectively broken. So far not a good start to this games development. On a side note apparently the Patreons are too busy sucking up to the creator to give actually constructive criticism and feedback. Hope the creator sees this thread and listens because otherwise the game will be a frustrating, unplayable mess that not even the art or setting can save.

xdagex

Jul 9, 2017
So how do you launch this game normally and not in full screen? I have an ultrawide and the cutscenes look stretched

Apr 13, 2018
For those having trouble with the game, a few points of pseudo-guidance

souldead341
Shields have different cooldowns. Starter shield has the lowest cooldown and is useful for quickly pushing off enemies,
breaks from the first hit.
Abhorrent shield has maybe a 4 second cooldown, but blocks stronger attacks

You can attack a projectile to destroy it.
This works against the slime things, but not the bigger projectiles from the incubus guys. shield can block those tho.

Stronger shields can push the tentacle guys and the flame skulls away just by moving towards them. Basically any shield stronger than the starter one can do this

When harpies hit your shield, it forces them to fall.

Craft dragon weapons. Weapon crafting is free, and shield crafting is dirt cheap, so craft the best equipment as soon as you have like, 1000 gold.

For those complaining about spike stunlock, remember that you use the shield + dash towards enemy to knock them into the spikes. This makes the platforming a breeze as enemies are no longer a problem

Don't ignore the flamey skull thingies. They can and will get you killed.

Stone fist is the strongest weapon in the game. It can stun lock a brute (big guy with anchor) before he even does 1 hit.
For flying enemies, always switch to a longer weapon so you don't fall and die

Progress does not reset if you exit to main menu. You can safely reload your save file. It does however reset if you exit the game entirely.

To minimize progress loss, always save at the 2nd bonfire. It's close to a variety of enemies, and to the blacksmith's hammer for the Thor quest. The farmer quest is easy and you basically do it automatically.

To preserve your progress and the scenes you unlocked : record them.

That's the only way in build 24.
I don't mind this because I do this all the time. Games always leave out the sequences that lead up to the sex scene when you view it in gallery, which I think harms the whole immersion and experience.
So I never use galleries in sex games. I always record the scenes in my own folders
I suggest you make a habit of this as well. It comes in handy.

TAKE IT SLOW.
One time I died when my body hit a brute enemy (low hp). When I respawned at the bonfire, I kept taking damage for no reason and kept dying to an invisible stunlock. Apparently the game was still loading the brute's hurtbox.
Fixed by going to main menu and reloading.
The game does not handle doing multiply things in quick succession too well. This happens with things like attack animations as well.

Sidenote, personally I don't mind "dark souls with sex". I always wanted dark souls to include sex, considering the insane amount of waifus in every installment.

Last edited:
1.90 star(s) 35 Votes