3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just Patreon being Patreon.

Funny how things have gone from "Oh no, Patreon has taken down a page" to "oh, look, they did it again".

Already been pointed out by cxx but it happens to some people on a regular basis. I think some devs get lost and confused if Patreon isn't constantly trying to butt fuck them without lube.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Eh? That's why I use SubscribeStar exclusively. No Patreon censors are involved.

Hmm? It sounds like something I've heard about some govt. group pushing bans and more, huh?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
They are over reaching now.What the hell, AAA devs and publishers have been trying to stop piracy since my big brother was copying floppy disks for his friends.

They never managed it, now it's Patreons turn.

Feel free to point and laugh in their direction.
they tried and still try with copy protections but that didn't/doesn't work.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Hell floppy discs? Stiffy's are old but floppy's, just wow :)

They are over reaching now.What the hell, AAA devs and publishers have been trying to stop piracy since my big brother was copying floppy disks for his friends.

They never managed it, now it's Patreons turn.

Feel free to point and laugh in their direction.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
they tried and still try with copy protections but that didn't/doesn't work.
Denuvo came close but all it did was take crackers a bit longer than usual.

Now there are people that won't buy games that have it because it screws with performance.
Hell floppy discs? Stiffy's are old but floppy's, just wow :)
My parents wanted a diverse range of kids. Youngest is our baby sis at 16, oldest is our biggest brother at 45. Me and twinsy ... I used to like saying mid 20's but we're edging closer to that 30's mark.

Anywhoo, our brother had a mini criminal empire building up when he was copying floppy disks, VHS, Betamax and the occasional future technology ... the cassette.

Bit before our time but he likes to brag how he made almost £500. We were led to believe that meant more in the 70's and 80's but now it just gets him weird looks.

Even weirder looks from those that have no idea what VHS or Betamax are.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
I never sold my copies of pirated games, but in the early nineties, I was using to build an HDD full of games where I'd have a LOOONG list of installed games where I'd make my selection. ;)

3.50 star(s) 90 Votes