• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM - Completed - Ambrosia [v1.07] [Shimobashira Workshop / Kagura Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Rajat Saigal

+ Actually decent combat/JRPG mechanics
    + Wide variety of scenes
    + Lots and lots of content (including a huge amount of postgame content)
    - CGs aren't that great
    - No incentive to play virginal (think ONEONE1s Ideology in Friction)
  2. 3.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Reviewing info: How I rate/review and other info is HERE . W.I.P This sentence will not be included if review format is finalized and blog updated.
    Review layout: Lazy/minimal format (others)
    Review type: Game
    Review format: Lewds
    PROs
    ✅ Story fair enough
    ✅ Better gear system that typical H-rpg games = combat fun enough
    ✅ Base upgrading system
    ✅ Costumes
    ✅ Artstyle is okay but cgi changes is pretty bad
    ✅ Plenty of scenes & fair bit of kinks
    ✅ Plenty of reaction changes depending on your status/look
    CONs
    ❌ Scene Cgi variation is pretty meh
    Comments
    For some reason I feel like it’s my duty to review degeneracy lol. But sometimes I don’t feel like reviewing instantly so memory ain’t as fresh. This is an example.... honestly I kinda forgot about this game for most part... so took up sreenshots next to me while writing. Anyhow.... it kinda has interesting story and we get pure religious girl with questionable formal shirne outfit. She is cute and her fall to debauchery is pretty fun... there was plenty of content (scenes, gameplay) and artstyle was okay. But how little Cgi changed during scenes was the biggest con IMO. Anyhow... overall it’s good enough game but I didn’t find is as memorable.
    Total Score: 6/10
    Game status:
    ✅ Finished
  3. 5.00 star(s)

N T R Q U E E N

Ambrosia is a 2D RPG game where you play as the apprentice priestess Flore, who fights monster and spreads the faith with missionary work.

STORY+++++
    I think the game has a good story. It starts slow with Flore trying to rescue her captured friend, who is being turned into a sex slave. Later in the game, the story becomes focused on gods and religion. The game is also full of rich lore and world building.

GAMEPLAY+++++
    Turn based combat with leveling up your character, unlocking new skills and improving your weapons and armor. There is also a detailed crafting system. The game focuses on upgrading the shrine with new furniture and decorations. There is also a fishing minigame and missionary work.

GRAPHICS++++
    I think the graphics are good. You can tell the game was developed in RPG maker but i do think the environments and character designs are of a high quality. I also like the colorful artstyle.

SOUNDTRACK+++++
    Probably one of the best soundtracks in any adult RPG. Exploration music is calming while combat is all action and i love it. I think boss themes are the best. Each zone also has their own theme.

EXTRA
    This game doesn't have many flaws. I think potions and consumables are too easy to obtain, since you can just spam healing potions during a boss fight. Gold is also too easy to obtain since there is a mechanic where you can trade your ingredients for gold. The game also recommends grinding for levels and crafting materials, which can get repetitive.

REVIEW
    Ambrosia is probably one of the best adult RPG games you can play. The story is interesting and full of rich lore. High quality turn based combat with many interesting game mechanics like shrine upgrades, fishing and missionary work. The soundtrack is also of a high quality. This is a must play for anyone who enjoys adult games.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

spartaan

Variety of outfits, H-Scenes, in-depth story and good gameplay make this a standout too me. Corruption system is well developed and put to good use. Only qualm some might have is if the art-style isn't for them but I personally liked the art.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Luke_1

Amazing game. Anything that has well developed corruption, exhibitionism and clothing systems is already a win in my book by default, but this game does them just extremely well. The artstyle is not the best I've ever seen but it works well.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mr-pitfall

5/5

Art -> Somewhat middling, with some standouts. Real win here is the adaptable outfits in most cases, letting you see various scenes in the costumes of your choosing.

Writing -> Gets repetitive but that also speaks to how long this game can be played. The fault in the writing is lessened by the variety of scenarios one can put the protag Flode through, keeping it somewhat fresh.

Gameplay -> A more true RPG than one would expect, interlaced with an indecency/corruption system. Player is able to focus on either at whim, and a nice NG+ mode allows experiencing the various routes and playstyles with no real pressure.

Content -> A large amount of scenarios, a substantial RPG with postgame and secret bosses, as well as basic equipment creation. Between the above a the multiple endings its quite a bit. The gallery even features hints on how to get the items you've missed for those 100%ers.

Post Script: For RPGMaker fare, this is in my personal top 10. Played through three times and went for 100% completion.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.07

This game is the archetype of what a good RPGM game looks like and plays like. So many refined parts to the game, from the solid combat, to the mass variety of costumes, to the progression and especially the art. It all just works baby.
    I dont think i really need to go into depths of why this is a game, just look at the many other positive reviews to know that if you play this game, you are most likely in for a good time.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ninthja

Short Review here

Pros:
    Really good game mechanic/gameplay and story wise. Its a long-ish game too.
    Overwhelmingly good hentai and its mechanics like choosing different outfits and getting reactions and such with the lewdness/corruption system.

Cons:
    Not enough, hoping to see more games like these.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Muhammed_Ozbek

this is one of the best hentai games i played

pros:

lots of costumes

well balanced enjoyable combat

good art

lots of sex scenes

you can see your character covered in semen

it was so fun to see the good girl at the beginning of the game slowly turn into a bitch

It was a very good detail that npc's reactions changed according to your current clothing and situation.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ImplicitlyLewd

This is such a phenomenal game if you're a fan of corruption, this'll be right up your alley. The game has a lot of standard tropes but there's a lot of variability and you can definitely do a virgin route which I'm always a fan of. The combat has no real business being in this game though, it could have easily been simplified or removed and the pacing of the game would probably be better as a result. It has neat mechanics especially involving the church and recruiting people, and I always appreciate a game with mechanics that make it stand out. Additionally it has a post game which is always a plus, there's no need to lock you out of content for beating the game. A great game for sure, but it's no surprise, that developer is always cookin
  11. 3.00 star(s)

shmanzu

A very middling Karura Japanese RPG rape game. Skip it unless you are very into the genre.

PROs
    • Nice art
    • Okay combat
    • Corrupt that pure girl
    CONS
    • Pretty boring and stale
    • Clunky open world
    • Not much art
  12. 4.00 star(s)

EIN246

Great pacing and scenes at the start, gameplay orientated on battle for story progression yet exploration for H scenes. Depends on your playthrough intentions you can change the game difficulty. My primary negative with the game is due to later H scenes not being as interesting as the earlier scenes. It felt as though less effort was put into the game and wasn't as enjoyable.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Gaman J

Es uno de los mejores juegos que e probado en mucho tiempo, tiene muy buenas escenas, buena historia y trama, ademas de como el personaje principal avanza o se corrompe segun tu quieres, es muy bueno.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

♍VoidTraveler

Finished it at last, it was fun. It was a lot of fun.
    This game is much bigger than it may seem, can be a bit overwhelming at first but don't worry you'll get used to it quick enough if you have at least some exp in rpg gaming.

From the beginning i saw that this game will be worth my time, worth playing it in a legit manner with 0 cheating.
    So, after enabling highest possible game difficulty (Very Hard or VH for short) me and my level 1 weakling of a priestess, began our rather long trek towards her ascension into greatness. :giggle::coffee:

This game can be rather grindy, but that will be no problem to people who are used to it.
    Gotta say that it was all worth it, all of the grind and days i spent completing the game piece by piece, collecting materials, crafting the gear, completing quests, and of course - fucking things. :ROFLMAO:

And here is the result:

pic1
    pic2

Me and my li'l priestess kicked a lot of ass, as you can see.
    It was a wild ride.
    Perhaps you will want to try and hard-mode it too? I can promise that you will have fun doing so, good luck!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

HeraTicks

It's a classical corruption game. One of the best available here. Lots of interesting themes with even possibility of virgin slut run, which really rare.
    If you like corruption games with story like Liz Tower, Lilitales, saint emiliana - this one should be on your bucket list.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

GrinVi4

Good solid plot. 4/5.
    H-scenes went right to my groin. Nuff said. 5/5.
    Gameplay is pretty standart. 4/5.
    Good game overall.
    P.S. Pressed some of my buttons very hard. Caster-type main character and virgin anal-only slut ending opportunity? Twelve out of ten.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

philtwo

good combat difficulty and progression when set to very hard using a key item you start the game with

great corruption progression system

plenty of game to enjoy, i personally spent 15+ hours

plenty of scenes but artwork quality is a little lacking

lots of costumes

awkward costume system (can't equip some innocuous costumes such as a bikini organically until you're at least several hours into the game)
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Doom_

The best RPGM game I have played

Ambrosia is to keep it short an absolute masterpiece now if you were hoping for vanilla you will have to look elsewhere but if you happen to like corruption games this is a must have. Now lets get to the goods.

Gameplay 4/5
    Ambrosia has some great gameplay though it doesn't have the depth that some H RPGs have its neither too grindy or ridiculously easy. also there are several enemy's that have h attacks in which your worn outfit is represented and it doesn't end there in almost every dungeon a loss leads to an h even as well.

The plot 3.5/5
    I wont go into detail to avoid but the plot is there but it's not exactly what you'd expect from a priestess at least for the corruption side of it. If I were looking at the good ending alone the plot would probably be 4/5.

The Goods 5/5 :p
    Grade A stuff not only is the art quality but many different outfits are represented in H events, though there are a few in the priestess outfit only and some outfit specific events that wont for obvious reasons. I'll list some of the outfits here: Schoolgirl, bunny suit, body paint, and many more. additionally many H events will progress alongside Flodes lewdness level

Conclusion

So the game overall is great if your looking for some nice fapping material but if your looking for an amazing storyline and or grindy or difficult gameplay you may want to go elsewhere. Oh and for those that may be wondering after you complete the main questline it does become free play with the possibility of starting a new game with all of your stats and non story items it also lets you choose whether you want to reset Flodes virginity and her H stats (If you reset virginity its represented in the gallery for all first time penetration events). Another thing I should mention is after the completion of the main storyline it is possible to purchase an item to unlock the full gallery from the fortune teller in town.

19. 5.00 star(s)

Siladan

I've played a lot of HRPGs and each of them have their own flaws. In this game, most of them are not present. Beautiful character design, a lot of sex scenes, a well-developed crafting system, a lot of bosses that require a different approach, a system of teleports. All this makes the game one of the best representatives of the genre. I highly recommend trying it!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Lamphead

I almost missed this gem.

This is a really good corruption story. It's up there with any of the great Japanese corruption makers, which I can't name due to rules.

What it's hidden behind is a REALLY slow burn, and renders/graphics that don't inspire a lot of investment or confidence. I'll admit I dropped it once a long time ago due to that.

But put in a little time and you're rewarded with a very good, well-worn story of the corruption of a priest girl, with a twist of an economic goal of trying to build a church, by any means necessary of course, tied with the 'save a friend according to a time limit' story. I have no illusions, this isn't the most innovative plot ever.

But you just know a high quality narrative when you see it. The MC starts as a girl that shys away from sex and of course you have the option to gradually wear at her morals, which is very well done. And I do mean gradually, with the most tame hints to start. You're going to have to enjoy the corruption genre to enjoy this.

There is the effort to build a real game behind this, but honestly I chose the easy game setting and did a full save at some point and just looked at the gallery for remaining scenes, because there is a fair bit of grinding here. I'd suggest others to do the same because the gameplay is kind of unnecessary for me.. not deep enough to engage and the real gem is the corruption narrative here.