Aug 24, 2019
In my opinion the only problem with the combat system is its the kind of turn based combat that relies on the player being able to grind for XP, and the only XP in this game comes from winning story fights that may or may not be balanced to be beatable on any upgrade path, forcing the player to reload to before they put in the points and try out which upgrades are the correct ones to actually beat them, instead of just grinding.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
In my opinion the only problem with the combat system is its the kind of turn based combat that relies on the player being able to grind for XP, and the only XP in this game comes from winning story fights that may or may not be balanced to be beatable on any upgrade path, forcing the player to reload to before they put in the points and try out which upgrades are the correct ones to actually beat them, instead of just grinding.
Once the game is remade in the Redux, the new combat/upgrade system will be implemented throughout the whole game, along with random battles available, especially if you go looking for them at night.

Reactions: Ranma

AngelAIGS

Sep 1, 2018
Does anyone have 0.7.5 for Mac?
it's in OP (compressed only)
Here's my compressed version.
Amity Park [v0.7.5] [GZone - Original Size: 1.39 GB

Download Win,Linux (232MB)
: - - -
Download Mac (217MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Darkseid_Is

Dustellar

Aug 22, 2016
The last time I played was the Maddie update many months ago, I could have started from the new episodes but the comments about the new fight system caught my attention so I restarted the entire game and everything was the same so I thought... why are they complaining? then episode 7 started and somehow the devs mention how people complained before about the difficulty and the truth is that, just as I wrote many months ago, the only thing you had to do was spend all your points on strength, that's all you needed! well... now the system is more complex but also annoying, I used to defeat all the bosses in two/three turns but not anymore, I guess I will have to get used to it.

AddPhaseNex

Jun 20, 2020
I don't know if this will be the same for others, but it seems the Cobra usually inflicts the Toxin DoT on it's every third turn. I went intangible on every third turn and was able to win rather easily after figuring out that pattern.

Hope this helps others.

Reactions: haooni and Cierne

herownick

Jul 15, 2018
I got the

File "E:\DT Games\adult\AmityPark-0.7.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/locations/livingroom/livingroom blur day.jpg'.

Error as well i have re-downloaded the game 3 times now and nothing any advice OTHER then re-downloading it?

Petern

Jun 8, 2017
This is my first post ever on this site but I feel like it's worth starting there:
Some fights are stupid hard. People are not here for that, they want to have some good time. Of course, they should be challenging to some extent because too easy sucks too but the way it is now is just unnecessary. I personally rage quit. Wanted to chill (and possibly fap) but instead of letting out some steam I just got more frustrated. If I wanted that experience I would just play Dark Souls or something...
Other than that good game, scale down the difficulty a little and you have more happy audience.

13mpty

Aug 31, 2019
long time no play this game and when I loaded my load game I have 0 new qust... the discotrd and patron hyperlink are fucking super annoying...

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
Don't load a saved game. Start a new game with chapter 7. In the beginning of this chapter is where the new stuff is.

Anyway, except for the new fighting style suxing really bad IMHO, this was a good update.

Reactions: Phil_ and Morah SDG

notBatman747

Aug 22, 2019
Just gotta post my two cents to play devils advocate. Had no problem with new fighting system. It maybe could be made more obvious when an enemy is getting ready for a strong attack and buffs on MC and enemies should be visible. I managed to win every fight in chapter 7 on 1st attempt but it still felt challenging.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Bayushi_Satoshi

Sep 7, 2019
[Lurker Mode off]

Played the game for the first time, and I think it's nice, had fun playing it. Combat system changing sudddenly is probably the only thing I didn't like, but I guess in newer versions the new system will be the only one since the beggining.

And in another order of things....

The console codes for Danny's new combat stats are:

combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseAttack = value you want
combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseEctoPool = value you want
combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseHealthPool = value you want
combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseOrgone = value you want

May the fun be with you all

[Lurker Mode on]

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Was waiting for the update and I have to say my thought on it was a mixed bag. Let me start with the positives I found.

1) Loved the Animaniacs reference with the "Hello Nurse" title. Took me back to my childhood of watching said cartoon and made me laugh in a good way so I have to give points for that one.

2) Loved the massive bit of development that came from a lot of the paths. Desiree's growth especially seeing as she was my favorite fandom pairing for Danny, and seeing the two of them grow closer was one of the best highlights of this update. I was also happy to see a little spark of character development from Star. Hopefully with the right amount of development she can catch up or even surpass Paulina in the likable characters in this game seeing as despite Paulina losing a few points with the date stunt in my eyes she is still ahead of Star in that area.

3) Say it before and I will say it again. The fact that this Sam is actually likable in my eyes unlike her canon counterpart. Yes she has her negative traits like in the canon, but unlike there they aren't cranked all the way up to eleven, and isn't shoved down our throats. I swear the creator of the canon if this had existed back then should have taken lessons from this.

Negatives

1) The fact that Nurse Kane figure out Danny's secret without someone telling her or witnessing it first. Yeah she did witness him transform to confirm what she knew however the fact that she figured it out on her own prior was a slight bit of a turn off for me. In the canon the people were so stupid that there were literal jokes about this sort of thing and they couldn't figure it out. The bigger joke was that the only person who can closest to figuring it out was Paulina due to her actually being the only person who noticed there was a link between Danny Fenton and his ghostly counterpart but even she didn't figure it out. But putting all this aside this was just a minor gripe.

2) The fact that Paulina went back to calling Danny ghost boy when she learned his name if you choose to go down her route for the dance. While this is also a minor gripe it would have made sense for her to keep calling him by his name in private had you choose to down this route with her. It in a sense made it seem like she went backwards in her development in more ways than one. With the other one being the fact that she wanted to do in exchange of getting the second dose or orgone.

Positive and negative

1) The battle system

I put this under both positive and negative because there were things I liked and disliked about this change. On the one hand I did like the adding of a new battle system to try and spice the fights up and make them more complex to a degree. The working of making intangibility cost free while working in several other abilities into the game such as a spread attack and HP and SP bonus were nice as well. However, what annoyed be was the healing factor seeing as it felt a lot more unbalanced on the player side. While it is nice you can heal the fact is you have an SP bar which unless you choose a certain route (correct me if I am wrong) won't regenerate thus your healing is limited versus the computer who doesn't have this issue with their abilities meaning they could outlast you and eventually wear out your bar and abilities should the fight take too long. It reminded me of first generation Pokemon and to be honest it wasn't a good feeling.

Personally I feel the opponent should have a set SP pool just like the player does even with the healing and regeneration and that said abilities the computer uses has a cost so that the healing and regeneration doesn't get out of hand with the long battles seeing as the player can only do this for so long before they can't sustain it anymore.

Reactions: FinalKingdomHearts
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes