lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Was waiting for the update and I have to say my thought on it was a mixed bag. Let me start with the positives I found.

1) Loved the Animaniacs reference with the "Hello Nurse" title. Took me back to my childhood of watching said cartoon and made me laugh in a good way so I have to give points for that one.

2) Loved the massive bit of development that came from a lot of the paths. Desiree's growth especially seeing as she was my favorite fandom pairing for Danny, and seeing the two of them grow closer was one of the best highlights of this update. I was also happy to see a little spark of character development from Star. Hopefully with the right amount of development she can catch up or even surpass Paulina in the likable characters in this game seeing as despite Paulina losing a few points with the date stunt in my eyes she is still ahead of Star in that area.

3) Say it before and I will say it again. The fact that this Sam is actually likable in my eyes unlike her canon counterpart. Yes she has her negative traits like in the canon, but unlike there they aren't cranked all the way up to eleven, and isn't shoved down our throats. I swear the creator of the canon if this had existed back then should have taken lessons from this.

Negatives

1) The fact that Nurse Kane figure out Danny's secret without someone telling her or witnessing it first. Yeah she did witness him transform to confirm what she knew however the fact that she figured it out on her own prior was a slight bit of a turn off for me. In the canon the people were so stupid that there were literal jokes about this sort of thing and they couldn't figure it out. The bigger joke was that the only person who can closest to figuring it out was Paulina due to her actually being the only person who noticed there was a link between Danny Fenton and his ghostly counterpart but even she didn't figure it out. But putting all this aside this was just a minor gripe.

2) The fact that Paulina went back to calling Danny ghost boy when she learned his name if you choose to go down her route for the dance. While this is also a minor gripe it would have made sense for her to keep calling him by his name in private had you choose to down this route with her. It in a sense made it seem like she went backwards in her development in more ways than one. With the other one being the fact that she wanted to do in exchange of getting the second dose or orgone.

Positive and negative

1) The battle system

I put this under both positive and negative because there were things I liked and disliked about this change. On the one hand I did like the adding of a new battle system to try and spice the fights up and make them more complex to a degree. The working of making intangibility cost free while working in several other abilities into the game such as a spread attack and HP and SP bonus were nice as well. However, what annoyed be was the healing factor seeing as it felt a lot more unbalanced on the player side. While it is nice you can heal the fact is you have an SP bar which unless you choose a certain route (correct me if I am wrong) won't regenerate thus your healing is limited versus the computer who doesn't have this issue with their abilities meaning they could outlast you and eventually wear out your bar and abilities should the fight take too long. It reminded me of first generation Pokemon and to be honest it wasn't a good feeling.

Personally I feel the opponent should have a set SP pool just like the player does even with the healing and regeneration and that said abilities the computer uses has a cost so that the healing and regeneration doesn't get out of hand with the long battles seeing as the player can only do this for so long before they can't sustain it anymore.
Glad you liked the writing eh, it was eh spicy update,
and yes, I had the most fun writing Desiree's part (And Star's oddly).

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Was waiting for the update and I have to say my thought on it was a mixed bag. Let me start with the positives I found.

1) Loved the Animaniacs reference with the "Hello Nurse" title. Took me back to my childhood of watching said cartoon and made me laugh in a good way so I have to give points for that one.

2) Loved the massive bit of development that came from a lot of the paths. Desiree's growth especially seeing as she was my favorite fandom pairing for Danny, and seeing the two of them grow closer was one of the best highlights of this update. I was also happy to see a little spark of character development from Star. Hopefully with the right amount of development she can catch up or even surpass Paulina in the likable characters in this game seeing as despite Paulina losing a few points with the date stunt in my eyes she is still ahead of Star in that area.

3) Say it before and I will say it again. The fact that this Sam is actually likable in my eyes unlike her canon counterpart. Yes she has her negative traits like in the canon, but unlike there they aren't cranked all the way up to eleven, and isn't shoved down our throats. I swear the creator of the canon if this had existed back then should have taken lessons from this.

Negatives

1) The fact that Nurse Kane figure out Danny's secret without someone telling her or witnessing it first. Yeah she did witness him transform to confirm what she knew however the fact that she figured it out on her own prior was a slight bit of a turn off for me. In the canon the people were so stupid that there were literal jokes about this sort of thing and they couldn't figure it out. The bigger joke was that the only person who can closest to figuring it out was Paulina due to her actually being the only person who noticed there was a link between Danny Fenton and his ghostly counterpart but even she didn't figure it out. But putting all this aside this was just a minor gripe.

2) The fact that Paulina went back to calling Danny ghost boy when she learned his name if you choose to go down her route for the dance. While this is also a minor gripe it would have made sense for her to keep calling him by his name in private had you choose to down this route with her. It in a sense made it seem like she went backwards in her development in more ways than one. With the other one being the fact that she wanted to do in exchange of getting the second dose or orgone.

Positive and negative

1) The battle system

I put this under both positive and negative because there were things I liked and disliked about this change. On the one hand I did like the adding of a new battle system to try and spice the fights up and make them more complex to a degree. The working of making intangibility cost free while working in several other abilities into the game such as a spread attack and HP and SP bonus were nice as well. However, what annoyed be was the healing factor seeing as it felt a lot more unbalanced on the player side. While it is nice you can heal the fact is you have an SP bar which unless you choose a certain route (correct me if I am wrong) won't regenerate thus your healing is limited versus the computer who doesn't have this issue with their abilities meaning they could outlast you and eventually wear out your bar and abilities should the fight take too long. It reminded me of first generation Pokemon and to be honest it wasn't a good feeling.

Personally I feel the opponent should have a set SP pool just like the player does even with the healing and regeneration and that said abilities the computer uses has a cost so that the healing and regeneration doesn't get out of hand with the long battles seeing as the player can only do this for so long before they can't sustain it anymore.
1) We'll be adjusting the new battle system, I think, just based on the feedback people have been providing.
2) We think Kate only had a wild hunch to work on, but to be fair, all the evidence kind of lined up really well for her. Plus, she's an OC, we can make her smarter than the rest of the cast. :)
3) We're definitely retconning that Danny tells Paulina that his real name is *also* Danny. It was just an odd choice I added in, given hindsight given it will most likely confuse players who have forgotten the dance episode, and I think it only makes a logistical nightmare for us to have to work around in the future, depending on your player choice. It'll be retracted in the Redux.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
everything!
the snake was the worst!!!

It doesn't really tell you how much damage your attack will make.
It is just trial and error, with random numbers appearing.
There is no strategy, no pattern in the enemies attacks.
If you don't choose the right special attacks you won't pass the first boss.
took spreading damage, big mistake!

I got like 12 venom debuffs after 3 rounds or so. No chance to win.

I appreciate that you guys try to make something different , but if it is not implemented right it just hinders the fun someone has with the game
there actually are SOME patterns. i.e. when they enemy phases out, into a transparent ghost form, you should do the same, because they are about to attack hard, and you can't hit them while they're transparent anyway.
It happens pretty much every time they phase out.
I haven't played in quite a while, but I know there are others.
I also picked spread damage and it works quite well for me. You actually need it in later battles.
But, you are right about the trial and error. I do a battle, and if I fail, just reload and do again, after learning the battle

ben7513

Mar 26, 2018
In regards to the Dragon/princess ghost, she is unbeatable. I had to cheat to beat her. I tried the "StrongBilly" cheat but that didn't work and I had to do the "HealthJuice" twice to get enough HP to then beat her. I wish the StrongBilly cheat would of worked. Wish I had not of had to cheat in the first place.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I wanna try and Playtest stream AP, just to show a little bit of the behind the scenes work and whatnot. And to also show off some of my own strategies when playing the game and its battle. I have never had as much difficulty with the fights. Might also do this with Breeding Farm.

Reminder to check out my streams for Amity Park and Breeding Farm on Picarto. Would appreciate any follows.

Reactions: haooni and Cierne

Tuesday888

Nov 1, 2019
@MorahZamora

Can we have her keeping the Dance Dress in future updates as a changeable outfit?
She looked absolutely stunning in it.
Nevermind, after replaying the game from the beginning, Ive noticed that this feature is already in the game.
Probably didn´t noticed cause i´ve started from ep 7 this update.
Anyways great stuff guys

Reactions: Morah SDG

Pastafarian51

Sep 10, 2018
In regards to the Dragon/princess ghost, she is unbeatable. I had to cheat to beat her. I tried the "StrongBilly" cheat but that didn't work and I had to do the "HealthJuice" twice to get enough HP to then beat her. I wish the StrongBilly cheat would of worked. Wish I had not of had to cheat in the first place.
The ‘StrongBilly’ cheat DOES work, you just have to put an underscore between the two words e.g. Strong_Billy I was having the same problem until I took a chance & tried it (plus a lot of the other cheats had underscores too so it kind of made sense).

Reactions: Morah SDG

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
The ‘StrongBilly’ cheat DOES work, you just have to put an underscore between the two words e.g. Strong_Billy I was having the same problem until I took a chance & tried it (plus a lot of the other cheats had underscores too so it kind of made sense).
My bad, updated the cheat list again.

Reactions: Cierne

Tuesday888

Nov 1, 2019
I must say. I don't know if I am just extremly lucky, but I never had any problems with the battles. Not in the old system and not in the new system. I have always beaten al battles first try. Make sure to use the healing ability.
I mean once you got the hang of, how exactly their respective attackpatterns work it´s very easy to predict your and their next move. 90 % of the battles are quite easy while the others can be a bit try and error. But its fun nonetheless. Maybe we can get a difficulty chosing so that people who have trouble with the battles don´t get their experience ruined by some cobra or dragon

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I must say. I don't know if I am just extremly lucky, but I never had any problems with the battles. Not in the old system and not in the new system. I have always beaten al battles first try. Make sure to use the healing ability.
Same here. With the old system I won all fights until chapter 6 without even knowing that I could upgrade Danny's stats.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes