Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
This has never made sense to me, because I feel like at the very least, expanding your creative endeavors to focus on content OUTSIDE of existing IP’s, can only do you good and show your creative service in action.

Like my team is in pre production on what we think will be a really quality, engaging and enjoyable game *based* on an existing IP. I am looking to help draw in fans *of* that IP into my game, and to capitalized on the IP’s world and characters within my game. St the same time, we are introducing new elements to make it enjoyable for everybody.

So with that said, my first thought wouldn’t be to want to stretch out the game, it’d be to make it as good as possible, so that when I wanna move on and make my own original content, people are then invested in my namesake enough to say “Y’know, I know this team makes quality stuff based on something imf familiar with, I’m willing to stick around snd see what they got cooking.”

The goal for me has always been “build the brand, and they will come”. I can’t help but come up with new ideas, I can’t imagine prolonging a project indefinitely just tor the moneys.

Just making a general observation about what I’ve seen some devs definitely do in the past, I still have hope they isn’t what Amity Park is at this point…
From my experience, as you probably heard before from others here, developers who want to cash in the patreon marketplace are a dime a dozen, to them, long term decision-making is a foreign concept. And to players who utilize the products they list, it is also an unrealistic expectation.

Not only because they have been burned one too many times by developers, but because the patreon business structure does not reward such a mindset. Asking your patrons, who needs to justify to themselves spending money on your product instead of others, to pay a month, maybe several, on non-related content development would not compute with most.

As someone who has been on and off supporting patreons over the years, I can tell you right now the most important thing I see in someone I'm supporting, is stability. "Does he update the game each month? Are the updates meaningful? Are payments process paused when there are no updates? Has the game maintained a solid vision? Is there feature creep?"

If these questions are checked off, then you can assume whatever game you want to support, have a good work ethic, a good headspace of the service they're providing, a good vision of where they want the game to be and how to get there, and is focus enough to not lose track of their vision when resources come flooding in.

Any game you want to make as a developer will have a good foundation if you can make it while keeping to the above.

Reactions: Symphatic

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
NEW UPDATE!

Amity Park [v1.0] (Episode 8 Part 2) -

Changelog for the latest update:
  • Portrait design updates: for Maddie and Jazz
  • New character outfits: for Maddie and Jazz, Star and Paulina
  • New character kissing portraits
  • 4 new story related locations
  • New Dating events
  • 6 new re-playable events in the Scene Replay Menu
    • 3 of them contain many sub-scenes of their own
    • 7 fully animated scenes with some variations
  • New quests: "Oh Sister of mine" and "Smells like a Trap"
  • The first main menu background got a slight redesign
  • Bug Fixes: Various gameplay improvements.
Are the cheat codes still the same, or were they changed in the update?

3.70 star(s) 61 Votes