3.40 star(s) 189 Votes

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
First time I've ever seen my browser (Firefox) report a virus in a download before it's completed. Such is the case with the download from Mixdrop. "This file contains a virus or malware....etc".

I didn't even get to having Microsoft Defender have a look.
This started happening to me as well in the last week or so. Firefox. It was with asset files on here, pretty sure they're false alerts. Not so sure I'd offer anything more than sympathy if you get your HDD's encrypted with ransom demands, though :)

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
First time I've ever seen my browser (Firefox) report a virus in a download before it's completed. Such is the case with the download from Mixdrop. "This file contains a virus or malware....etc".

Check the name of the downloaded file. You likely downloaded a maleware/virus file from a popup page instead of the game archive.

-> Use MEGA or pixeldrain or install popup-blocker to avoid these attacks.

Reactions: leequiring

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
Check the name of the downloaded file. You likely downloaded a maleware/virus file from a popup page instead of the game archive.

-> Use MEGA or pixeldrain or install popup-blocker to avoid these attacks.
Name was correct. I don't allow popups, and didn't click on one.
Typically, I do use MEGA and Pixeldrain. The limits and wait period drove me away from them on this one.

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
i am confused. How are these over 1000 images and why do i miss a scene? There is nothing to do accoeding to the hints.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018

hell if I know how this shit-mixdrop-got approved here, it's half the time bitdefender alert screen about phishing and other shit

3.40 star(s) 189 Votes