RPGM An Alchemist's Tale [3.2 Alpha] [Captain Allegretto Games]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
100% I said what I feel like I needed to say to get the point across. I'm not going to put down all my scripts and let them be audited by someone who clearly isn't interested in the game I'm making but the game he wants me to make. the literal point of making this game is to make what I want. That does mean a bisexual switch MC with no jealousy impulse, an obvious praise kink, and who is really just having a good time.
Too many devs cave in. I certainly give you props for sticking to what you want to create.

LazyDwarf

Nov 4, 2017
Good question. Upfront. In the early releases there will be more pussy then cock for sure. It's just how I ordered things.

But avoiding straight entirely? Definitely not a priority for me but the way I'm making stories separate and compleatable unrelated to eachother it should be largely doable. There are some straight scenes the might be unavoidable in main story. But they would be largely peeking based. Like in the intro. Some things need to happen to move the plot forward.
Thank you, appreciate the answer. Glad to see you already have an idea for what you want to do, and i look forward to seeing how the game turns out.

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
So this is the first release of your game right I think I like your game will your game be regularly updated and will there be more monsters for the male character to submit to especially buff male monsters like a buff male orc
Centaur, lumberjack, big bad, are the 100% planned. More can be done in addition at later times but those are my current planned beefy hunk bois.

If I did a male orc I'd be tempted to make him more like. Runner fit. Not bulky. To contrast with zeleshi.

P.S.: Why can't I choose to not harvest carrots? Once I interact with a carrot I have to choose one of the three options to harvest it, no other way. Why? Are these some special magical carrots that do not allow you to move away from them once you are close?
Harvest us. Do it.

But thanks for the feedback I'm definitely addressing the grind/minigames at the moment. Sorry you don't like Maria's design. More for me.

I disagree with the assigning arbitrary extra meaning to the word avoidable to make it mean "can be removed entirely". If I ment that I'd say it. Walking around somthing is avoiding it. But I'll edit it to be more clear when I drop this update. I will not be doing the scarlet letter nonsense though. Let the mad be mad and they'll tire themselves out.

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
Centaur, lumberjack, big bad, are the 100% planned. More can be done in addition at later times but those are my current planned beefy hunk bois.

If I did a male orc I'd be tempted to make him more like. Runner fit. Not bulky. To contrast with zeleshi.

Harvest us. Do it.

But thanks for the feedback I'm definitely addressing the grind/minigames at the moment. Sorry you don't like Maria's design. More for me.

I disagree with the assigning arbitrary extra meaning to the word avoidable to make it mean "can be removed entirely". If I ment that I'd say it. Walking around somthing is avoiding it. But I'll edit it to be more clear when I drop this update. I will not be doing the scarlet letter nonsense though. Let the mad be mad and they'll tire themselves out.
Why is it that all the character I see in the dialogue scene all black hope that will be fixed soon

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Why is it that all the character I see in the dialogue scene all black hope that will be fixed soon
Can you screenshot this for me?

Some characters are translucent black silhouettes with a border but if all character are black that's an issue. Also are you on Mac or windows?

metalman101

Nov 26, 2018
So far enjoyed what's available! Writing is great, a lot of content for a first build. Really love Rain, is the art for the blowjob scene final? Seems very off model compared to her portrait

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
So far enjoyed what's available! Writing is great, a lot of content for a first build. Really love Rain, is the art for the blowjob scene final? Seems very off model compared to her portrait
Thanks. She's a blast to write. And yes. There's quite a bit of stylistic flair depending on who did which scenes in terms of art commissions. That one was done by Nagani who also did two more rain scenes that are upcoming. He also did the Green facesitting art. Definitely more of a realism and almost slightly disneyesque In his style compared to FreePancakes who did her standing art. I like it a lot.

She has such a great emotive face in all her art so far

rain emotes.PNG

Aurochs

May 18, 2018
I really like the choice of art style here, it's charming and the characters all look great. Big fan of the different body types on display, the characters don't all feel or look the same and that's hard for a lot of artists to pull off. The characters are as deep as one should expect; basically one or two-note tropes. When done well that's totally fine, and they are done well, the writing is solid. I snerked a few times.

Presence of NTR doesn't matter to me, this is a game telling the story of a pre-generated character so it ain't me getting cucked, it's that character. Sucks to be him. I mean, you don't even get to name him! Why self-insert so hard, ya'll?

That said, haven't actually seen any NTR so far. It feels like people want NTR to mean "literally anyone other than the MC gets their dick wet at literally any point in the past/present/future" so I guess if that's your standard, sure, there's NTR. As always, the worst thing about having NTR in a game is the people who will clog up the pages complaining about the very clearly labeled thing they don't like being in the thing they didn't make, don't own, and have no investment in.
Know how many games on F95 have the "scat" tag? Tons. Know how many of their threads I have clogged up bitching about the thing I don't like being in them? None. Because I'm too busy clicking passed them to find something more inline with my interests!

Echoing others, the minigames are... bad. They're just bad, and I don't have a nicer way of saying it. Every one of them commits what I consider to be the Cardinal Sin of Game Development, and that is they are disrespectful of the player's time.
The effort required for what you gain is far off balance.

"Okay so, here the idea is the player will need to chase down an erratic, quick-moving target and either intercept or box it in to then try and interact with it, which will then launch a timed input sequence. The player will have 3-ish seconds to input the randomized sequence with no errors. If they fail the input, the target will despawn and the player will need to locate another target elsewhere on the map to try again with a new chase, new interact, new sequence of randomized inputs. If the player is clever they will discover that it is possible to save-scum before initiating the chase and game the system somewhat. The inputs don't change upon reload, so the player won't have to locate a new target and will be able to reload continually until they succeed at the timed input sequence with the benefit of repetition and memorization of the 8 to 10 inputs required to win.

I estimate that it should take, at most, 10 to 12 reloads for average players to be able to succeed at the input sequence."

"Wow, okay. Seems a little steep, but that can be made worthwhile. What kind of sweet gear or crucial bit of exposition or lewd scene or secret bonus content or whatever do they get for doing that? Do they get a dragon to ride around on? I'll bet they get a dragon!"

"They get a mushroom."

"A mush...?"

"Yep. A single mushroom, out of five needed to advance the main quest beyond the first stage, straight out of the introduction sequence. In addition to the buckets of other stuff they'll need to gather for the same quest. I imagine this experience will firmly endear players to our game, and they will feel an abiding sense of triumph and achievement in the face of minigame adversity that will keep them coming back for more."

"Whatever you say, Lead Developer Satan!"

All-in-all, I like enough about the game to keep an eye on it to see where you take it, dev. And major kudos to you for commissioning the art to give your game a nice visual punch. It's clear that you care, and I'll take it on faith that you will address the balance issues. Best piece of advice I think I can give is that you just took the floor, you don't need to start playing for time just yet. Keep it tight.

Raikoblast

Aug 10, 2017
Can you screenshot this for me?

Some characters are translucent black silhouettes with a border but if all character are black that's an issue. Also are you on Mac or windows?
Hi dev, any way to check this for me? I absolutely love Maria's design but I can't progress anything with her with this being there lol

Loving the game so far btw but it defo feels very tied down with the day and time system since there isn't much to do on certain days and times, yet to progress quests it has to be specific dates/times and there's not much to fill it out in between. Obviously this is early days so I don't expect it to stay like that, but I'm looking forward to how it all progresses and culminates!

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
real gay or just a size E breasted woman with a penis slapped on gay?
Both

I really like the choice of art style here, it's charming and the characters all look great. Big fan of the different body types on display, the characters don't all feel or look the same and that's hard for a lot of artists to pull off. The characters are as deep as one should expect; basically one or two-note tropes. When done well that's totally fine, and they are done well, the writing is solid. I snerked a few times.

Presence of NTR doesn't matter to me, this is a game telling the story of a pre-generated character so it ain't me getting cucked, it's that character. Sucks to be him. I mean, you don't even get to name him! Why self-insert so hard, ya'll?

That said, haven't actually seen any NTR so far. It feels like people want NTR to mean "literally anyone other than the MC gets their dick wet at literally any point in the past/present/future" so I guess if that's your standard, sure, there's NTR. As always, the worst thing about having NTR in a game is the people who will clog up the pages complaining about the very clearly labeled thing they don't like being in the thing they didn't make, don't own, and have no investment in.
Know how many games on F95 have the "scat" tag? Tons. Know how many of their threads I have clogged up bitching about the thing I don't like being in them? None. Because I'm too busy clicking passed them to find something more inline with my interests!

Echoing others, the minigames are... bad. They're just bad, and I don't have a nicer way of saying it. Every one of them commits what I consider to be the Cardinal Sin of Game Development, and that is they are disrespectful of the player's time.
The effort required for what you gain is far off balance.

"Okay so, here the idea is the player will need to chase down an erratic, quick-moving target and either intercept or box it in to then try and interact with it, which will then launch a timed input sequence. The player will have 3-ish seconds to input the randomized sequence with no errors. If they fail the input, the target will despawn and the player will need to locate another target elsewhere on the map to try again with a new chase, new interact, new sequence of randomized inputs. If the player is clever they will discover that it is possible to save-scum before initiating the chase and game the system somewhat. The inputs don't change upon reload, so the player won't have to locate a new target and will be able to reload continually until they succeed at the timed input sequence with the benefit of repetition and memorization of the 8 to 10 inputs required to win.

I estimate that it should take, at most, 10 to 12 reloads for average players to be able to succeed at the input sequence."

"Wow, okay. Seems a little steep, but that can be made worthwhile. What kind of sweet gear or crucial bit of exposition or lewd scene or secret bonus content or whatever do they get for doing that? Do they get a dragon to ride around on? I'll bet they get a dragon!"

"They get a mushroom."

"A mush...?"

"Yep. A single mushroom, out of five needed to advance the main quest beyond the first stage, straight out of the introduction sequence. In addition to the buckets of other stuff they'll need to gather for the same quest. I imagine this experience will firmly endear players to our game, and they will feel an abiding sense of triumph and achievement in the face of minigame adversity that will keep them coming back for more."

"Whatever you say, Lead Developer Satan!"

All-in-all, I like enough about the game to keep an eye on it to see where you take it, dev. And major kudos to you for commissioning the art to give your game a nice visual punch. It's clear that you care, and I'll take it on faith that you will address the balance issues. Best piece of advice I think I can give is that you just took the floor, you don't need to start playing for time just yet. Keep it tight.
Dude holy fuck that made me laugh so hard someonenasked if they could see the meme i was reading. Thanks a lot and yea in my local the mushrooms have lost the QTE. Which will be moving to a static lesser used ingredient along with a better warning that its a QTE.
Still addressing others but I've gathered the redshrooms are the largest offenders so far.

Hi dev, any way to check this for me? I absolutely love Maria's design but I can't progress anything with her with this being there lol

Loving the game so far btw but it defo feels very tied down with the day and time system since there isn't much to do on certain days and times, yet to progress quests it has to be specific dates/times and there's not much to fill it out in between. Obviously this is early days so I don't expect it to stay like that, but I'm looking forward to how it all progresses and culminates!
Yea that error was reported I have it fixed on local but won't be live for a little while cuz I want to get all the Quality of life done at once. I will say that at this moment that conversation adds nothing and does nothing more in this version so you are missing nothing.

Reactions: Gamerboyfan99

Raikoblast

Aug 10, 2017
Both

Dude holy fuck that made me laugh so hard someonenasked if they could see the meme i was reading. Thanks a lot and yea in my local the mushrooms have lost the QTE. Which will be moving to a static lesser used ingredient along with a better warning that its a QTE.
Still addressing others but I've gathered the redshrooms are the largest offenders so far.

Yea that error was reported I have it fixed on local but won't be live for a little while cuz I want to get all the Quality of life done at once. I will say that at this moment that conversation adds nothing and does nothing more in this version so you are missing nothing.
Ahh okay, that's fair enough. A shame though, wanted to start wooing Maria nothing better than a BBW Milf Futa, something you sadly don't see much at all. Love the diversity of characters you've got going on :)

Aurochs

May 18, 2018
With this game having discrete blocks of time wherein certain interactions are/are not available depending on the time of day, I'd think very hard about interactions like the woodchopping. As it stands, when you go to do some lumberjacking you have to button-mash through the minigame (which takes too long/too many keypresses, my keyboard begs your mercy) and ALSO lose game time, as the day cycle progresses to the next block.

An interaction costing game time is fine. An interaction requiring minigame success is fine. Losing time from the game day and also requiring success in a minigame feels pretty steep.

I'd save minigames for little repeatable things you do now and again, that don't cause the day cycle to progress. If you want the interaction to progress the day, just throw in a little animation or fade in/out and call it good.

polaco

Mar 16, 2017
Is there NTR in this game? If there is I can't find it. I've finished the harpy quest and can't find anything else to do. I've seen coments about an orc as well but I have no idea where to find it. A guide would be nice.

Last edited:

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Well tried the game and unfortunately I can't like it, the artwork inconsistency is a big hit but even more couldn't even find one character that I could like which in the end is the most important thing, to like the characters. It doesn't help that now I have a tiny obsession about using the harpy haircut to make a duster.

But that's about it, I don't tend to be bothered about that stuff however that's how it is, having said that good luck with your game.

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Is there NTR in this game? If there is I can't find it. I've finished the harpy quest and can't find anything else to do. I've seen coments about an orc as well but I have no idea where to find it. A guide would be nice.
Keep reentering the grove while Green is there until you hear a music change. Also there is a walkthrough in the mega and Gdrive links

An interaction costing game time is fine. An interaction requiring minigame success is fine. Losing time from the game day and also requiring success in a minigame feels pretty steep.

I'd save minigames for little repeatable things you do now and again, that don't cause the day cycle to progress. If you want the interaction to progress the day, just throw in a little animation or fade in/out and call it good.
Hmm, for right now i'm going to polish that minigame, make it a bit more user friendly and adjust the reward. But Imma keep this in mind.

Reactions: polaco

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Ok, so here's a QOL update based on the feedback i've gotten so far:

V1.1Alpha:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Links in the main post are all updated.

Haven't addressed the fishing minigame yet, but it's also nothing but for money in this build. I'll want to put some time into it when i have the chance. But think my focus will be on more scenes, if any of those scenes care about fishing I'll address it then.

For people asking about speed of updates.
Bugfixes? Fucking let me know and I'll stop those guys ASAP.
Scenes? That'll depend on my work/family schedule. I'm a dude doing this for fun in my free time. But ideally I'll put out scenes at a reasonable pace and barring massive problems always save compatible. if i get support it'll go into funding more art. the more art backlog i have the more i can churn out scenes with some consistency. There's a good reason I purposely left myself some wiggle room. Most scenes currently in game have alt pieces that have not been shown yet and additionally I have 6 whole new CG in the sidelines waiting to be implemented.

Also, uhh, whats the actual procedure for updates? I'm the dev so I just fucking edited the post. But is that ok or is there like. a smoke signal I'm supposed to send up or something?

Last edited:

Arkham000000

Mar 26, 2020
Liking the game so far, might trigger the "vanilla enjoyers" commenting here but I don't mind the dark fetishes included, hope you stick to whatever it is you have planned and don't let anyone try to change it just cause it offends their existence lol

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes