RPGM An Alchemist's Tale [3.2 Alpha] [Captain Allegretto Games]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes
Dec 30, 2017
Reminds me of Warlock and Boobs, which is good. I like NTR and happy to hear the dev isn't going to shy away from it. If I had one gripe it's that houses like the Library were not very obvious, that and the Spring Water, I was looking all around the forest for a spring for a while before checking the well.

Reactions: Captain_Allegretto

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Reminds me of Warlock and Boobs, which is good. I like NTR and happy to hear the dev isn't going to shy away from it. If I had one gripe it's that houses like the Library were not very obvious, that and the Spring Water, I was looking all around the forest for a spring for a while before checking the well.
NGL, the main reason it feels similar, at least to me, is we both started from the RPGMAKER premade maps for the town and first forest location. this naturally means those two central areas are strikingly similar. I hadn't played WaB before I started working on this and once I did I was really attached to the maps I had and didn't want to majorly overhaul them just to put distance there. His game is VERY good though. Very jealous of being your own artist.

That said i think i differentiated pretty well.

Ok but onto the meat.

That's a good fucking point. Check this shit out.
map adjustment.PNG

If i pull the houses down one tile and clear up the pathways i think it addresses the problem pretty well, there's a clear "paths leading to doors" with this change that I think looks good. (Still need to pretty it up again though)

Spring water I'll think on. theres probably a clean and elegant way to indicate that without hitting the player with a immersion breaking reminder text on something that hopefully is intuitive. maybe rename it "Fresh Water" and also get it from sinks instead of just pumps and well. I'll workshop it.

Last edited:

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
I wouldn't normally play a build like this after finishing pretty much everything in the original build, but I felt you deserved a bit of feedback at least on the changes:
1. Thanks for removing the redcap minigame. I don't know how often I'd need to catch them in the future (I assume at least some since only 5 medicine as the town doctor seems low) but I'll definitely appreciate it then.
2. The move speed increase is great.
3. As are the sections where you made paths that didn't wind around as much in the forest.
4. Thanks for keeping an open mind on the gameplay side of things. I understand and even encourage the mule-y response towards people wanting you to change the planned plot/character stories, but gracefully accepting that game design is better when working with the player instead of against them is truly something to be grateful for.

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
I wouldn't normally play a build like this after finishing pretty much everything in the original build, but I felt you deserved a bit of feedback at least on the changes:
1. Thanks for removing the redcap minigame. I don't know how often I'd need to catch them in the future (I assume at least some since only 5 medicine as the town doctor seems low) but I'll definitely appreciate it then.
2. The move speed increase is great.
3. As are the sections where you made paths that didn't wind around as much in the forest.
4. Thanks for keeping an open mind on the gameplay side of things. I understand and even encourage the mule-y response towards people wanting you to change the planned plot/character stories, but gracefully accepting that game design is better when working with the player instead of against them is truly something to be grateful for.
Thanks for the updated feedback I was hoping to snag at least one willing to do exactly that.

Medicine will be both in intermediate ingredient and a cash maker so it'll hopefully be relevant to grab the redsrooms with some consistency. If not larer on I can reduce the total # of the guys running around easily.

But yea my goal is iterative design process or the general concept of making multiple fast test builds to revise based on feedback until a good solution is reached. Minigames, pathways, quest and item descriptions. None of these are creative processes, they are functional ones. If they don't serve their function then they need to be addressed. I'm not even ditching that qte minigame. Going to move it somewhere else where it will enhance the experience rather then detract.

Fucking tear my function processes apart and I'll build em up again. But yea not going to change the main story, art direction, or intended end product based on people's personal tastes. I'm totally open to "x character is really popular so I'm going to give them a bit more attention/do their next scene first" bullying. And I've purposely left some glaring holes ment to be filled by subscribestar style support and design by committee.

As some other users i have the same black screen problem! and i'm playing on windows10
That's not good. Is it the same thing where Only the vn style character art is becoming black squares or is everything black?

If you don't mind doing a quick test for me since this dosnt present on my local machine. Would it be possible for you to start a new game. Skip the intro. Sleep until teusday. Use the desk to pass time until the night. And then go outside the MCs house to the right and trigger the peeking mayor Ashdown scene? I'm wondering if it's a cache/ image size problem so if that scene shows up I can definitly test some fixes out.

EDIT: the black vn art thing is 100% a cache/image size issue. Just managed to recreate it by making one of my images fucking massive. I'll have to really sit down and try to find a workaround that dosnt make me rewrite the whole game.

Last edited:

Bulldozer47

Jan 18, 2018
It's is a good game ,hope it gets more amazing content.
Do as you like ,don't listen to all the one that hate the game just bcz of ntr

I can't see the quest log bcz i am playing on a joiplay emulator.
Can someone give me a brief walkthrough

I am struck after talking to two guy about the sounds and stuff. I can't progress after that

Reactions: philcollinsz22716
Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for the updated feedback I was hoping to snag at least one willing to do exactly that.

Medicine will be both in intermediate ingredient and a cash maker so it'll hopefully be relevant to grab the redsrooms with some consistency. If not larer on I can reduce the total # of the guys running around easily.

But yea my goal is iterative design process or the general concept of making multiple fast test builds to revise based on feedback until a good solution is reached. Minigames, pathways, quest and item descriptions. None of these are creative processes, they are functional ones. If they don't serve their function then they need to be addressed. I'm not even ditching that qte minigame. Going to move it somewhere else where it will enhance the experience rather then detract.

Fucking tear my function processes apart and I'll build em up again. But yea not going to change the main story, art direction, or intended end product based on people's personal tastes. I'm totally open to "x character is really popular so I'm going to give them a bit more attention/do their next scene first" bullying. And I've purposely left some glaring holes ment to be filled by subscribestar style support and design by committee.

That's not good. Is it the same thing where Only the vn style character art is becoming black squares or is everything black?

If you don't mind doing a quick test for me since this dosnt present on my local machine. Would it be possible for you to start a new game. Skip the intro. Sleep until teusday. Use the desk to pass time until the night. And then go outside the MCs house to the right and trigger the peeking mayor Ashdown scene? I'm wondering if it's a cache/ image size problem so if that scene shows up I can definitly test some fixes out.

EDIT: the black vn art thing is 100% a cache/image size issue. Just managed to recreate it by making one of my images fucking massive. I'll have to really sit down and try to find a workaround that dosnt make me rewrite the whole game.
Yes it's the character art that is black. Also i did what you asked and i can see the mayor's event art.

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Yes it's the character art that is black. Also i did what you asked and i can see the mayor's event art.
Ok thank you a ton. I know what the issue is now and am looking to address it. Going to have to split my massive vn images into bite sized chunks and write some code that takes what I currently have and use that to loop through and pull the right one. (I currently slide around one long image to change faces amd whatnot) Hopefully this dosnt instead cause flashing image issues on emote changes but we will see.

I am struck after talking to two guy about the sounds and stuff. I can't progress after that
There's a walkthrough in the Google drive and mega links.

Reactions: Bulldozer47

StomperHK

May 17, 2020
Is there a scene with the Mayor or is the bath scene the only one avaliable? Also, how can I find that orc?

theotherhman

Jul 22, 2018
got a few questions about the games development direction:

will there be unaware NTR? (someone making picks on the MCs lady friends behind his back, for example)

there are placeholder scenes that have come and gone, will i need to start a new game to see them when they are implemented?

will there be pregnancy? knocking up a harem or even that one special character... maybe even tie it into the NTR to put more at stake(or if people are just into that)?

TheDarkDude

Jan 5, 2021
Is there a scene with the Mayor or is the bath scene the only one avaliable? Also, how can I find that orc?
Its only the bath scene
For the orc, finish the Harpy's quest and then just keep entering and exiting the grove, there is a 8% chance that a special music plays which indicates the orc's arrival

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
got a few questions about the games development direction:

will there be unaware NTR? (someone making picks on the MCs lady friends behind his back, for example)

there are placeholder scenes that have come and gone, will i need to start a new game to see them when they are implemented?

will there be pregnancy? knocking up a harem or even that one special character... maybe even tie it into the NTR to put more at stake(or if people are just into that)?
No unware ntr planned. Though fuck would a few of those be good for the budget. No art scenes? I wish lol

Excepting characters who are added in the intro I believe I've purposely made it so anytime you see a "placeholder" or "not yet in game" I've left things so that it will be save compatible. That will not always be somthing I can promise, especially early on. The fishing minigame is somthing I'm reexamining right now and just due to its nature how how it's initiated any fixes for it will require a new save. Thats just how programming goes somtime.

Pregnancy is planned. scroll back to page 3 of this thread for a small taste. Specifically ntr pregnancy is somthing id reserve for badends I think. I have a pretty specific overstory planned that would make that pretty difficult to work in (at least for major characters)

Last edited:

Spookyman6969

Mar 19, 2019
So I'm not sure if anyone reported this or if there's any other different grammar mistake, but I found one in the description of Natalie when you meet her for the first time. It's 'than', not 'then'.

StomperHK

May 17, 2020
Its only the bath scene
For the orc, finish the Harpy's quest and then just keep entering and exiting the grove, there is a 8% chance that a special music plays which indicates the orc's arrival
Thank's. I was exiting and entering once per day, but nothing happened.

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes