RPGM An Alchemist's Tale [3.2 Alpha] [Captain Allegretto Games]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
So for RPG Maker MV/MZ JoiPlay is creating a web view and playing through that.

Seems stupidly simple and every game should play correct?

Well no, not exactly. The first issue is the NW.js APIs are actually re-implemented in with Java/c code backing the calls for things like file writes, since NW.js doesn't run on Android natively.

Second, some games (Summer Memories for example) expect a mouse and have controls setup for that. As you move from point A on the screen to point B, the movement calls mouse move hundreds of times allowing the game to track where your mouse is. Using a touch screen, you jump from point to point without those mouse updates, so the game may not play correctly.

Third, there's an issue with image size. WebGL2 defers to the GPU for textures. Most desktop GPUs can handle textures up to 8192x8192 but most Android phones can only handle 4096x4096. If you exceed this limit in either direction, then the image will become a black box. And it isn't a total pixel count, a 1x4097 image will show up as a black box on Android.

Fourth, there are issues with certain plugins and performance. In particular fog overlays seem to slow down rendering to a crawl.

If you look at one of my RGA packages (or the changelog JoiPlay notes) you'll see it really is a zip file with some special extras. In particular there's a config file for JoiPlay and a set of dummy files to prevent Android indexing. I had to reverse engineer things from the export function of JoiPlay to get enough information to start making packages.

Also note, a backup of JoiPlay creates a zip file with a password. I haven't dug into that any further.
Hey huh.
I tried to play it in joiplay and it still Black Box.
Is that weird?
I've been doing some research and this appears to be the issue, I reduced image sizes from 800x12000 to 800x6000 but that's still too large for joiplay to handle. which sucks ass. i should be able to account for this but going that low will be a pain to set up and cause really annoying flashing issues on computers. (the point of using the 12000 sized image was 0 flashing when changing faces/outfits ever.

I might be able to do a neat thing where I release a little package that handles this joiplay limitation and is downloaded and patched separately. That said this is not high on the priority list at the moment. It's somthing I can tackle when I have a bunch of downtime but for now it just is what it is.

Reactions: LorikTheGreat

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Captain_Allegretto Is there a way to the MC became a cuckold? Like, he enjoying getting ntr'd by the futa and the other guys?
Not in the main plot at this moment. Though if the game does well and I can justify expanding subplots later down the line it's a fetish I wouldn't mind exploring.

The ntr planned to be in is currently: the endgame crisis detailed more in the opening post. Some single scene stuff floating somewhere around the ntr scale like the orcXHarpy scene currently in game. and one side story that is more of a stag/vixen relationship then a standard cuckold one.

Reactions: Entropylol

Spettet

Nov 9, 2021
Yes and yes. Also. Yessssssssss.
View attachment 1627310
Mmm.. I'll try to see what I can dig up on futa on male action.. Is there somehow to avoid anyone that don't have a big stiff cock they wanna stick up my bum? ;D

Can't believe how many easily offended people are scanning forums. Seems one can categarize players into the following groups:
- Seeing a dick that isn't MCs makes me gay.
- Seeing a dick on a chick makes me gay unless there's a hole at the bottom of her dick that looks like a cunt.
- Banging a chick with a dick in the ass is fine, but if anything enters my ass I'm gay.
- I don't give a damn what you call me.. Massage my prostate please ;D

• Angry
Reactions: Ragingrager

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
Just read the Dev [post and it seems like solid ideas. If the NTR from the Big Bad Evil Guy really is temporary, then it should offer some good motivation for bodying him. Maybe we'll get some saucy revenge scenes if we defeat them? I'm excited for future updates.

Reactions: Captain_Allegretto

SakeSJ

Jan 30, 2018
Trying to find the dank herb for Bilia's side quest. Can't seem to find them. I've found the temple, but can't get in and can't find any of the herbs around it. I can't reread the directions for the recipe either, so I don't even know if it's the temple I'm looking for.

And where the hell is the Greenkeep?

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Trying to find the dank herb for Bilia's side quest. Can't seem to find them. I've found the temple, but can't get in and can't find any of the herbs around it. I can't reread the directions for the recipe either, so I don't even know if it's the temple I'm looking for.

Greenkeep won't be a vistable location in this game. It's just the closest neighbor to our setting and is refrenced occasionally for plot stuff.

Dank herb is blue and grows on walls. Closet one is right outside of the village here

PofB

Mar 24, 2021

As well as the one right outside the village, there's also some on the wall of the ruins. It's on the right side of the building, though I don't have a screenshot. And they take a few days to regrow.
Don't know what Greenkeep is though.

Osk0

Oct 12, 2018
A big orc futa with futa on male content, and some gay + ntr on the side as well? Sign me the hell up
But will I eventually be able to marry my orc waifu?

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Already updated the main post

Long week but the positive feedback compels me onward:

V1.3Alpha:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - -
Mac: - -

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Captain_Allegretto Out of curiosity do you have any previews of the childhood friend/bully/their mother? (names elude me right now and I'm too lazy to load the game atm)

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
how to get the scene with orc futa with allen ?
not yet in game

So, how do I trigger the discount at the shop? It's blocked with question marks.
there's a walk-through in the Gdrive and mega links but you need to finish the starter quest and then increase relationship with rain until a scene triggers in the shop with her.

Captain_Allegretto Out of curiosity do you have any previews of the childhood friend/bully/their mother? (names elude me right now and I'm too lazy to load the game atm)
I sadly do not yet; the mom Mary will be a short pudgy mombod who you woo by being a good provider. Jamie will be a femboy type who comes out as trans for their story and you will help them obtain the body they want.

Reactions: Troqu
3.70 star(s) 15 Votes