RPGM An Alchemist's Tale [3.4 Alpha] [Captain Allegretto Games]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
I managed to find a bug that locks the game up, when you go the glory hole and say no / don't have enough money, it locks up on a picture of the wall, if you need a save to show you I've got one
you have a tool in the inventory to fix those the debug wand or something, I had it too and that fixed it just choose the option fix screen and you're good to go

Reactions: Captain_Allegretto

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
I managed to find a bug that locks the game up, when you go the glory hole and say no / don't have enough money, it locks up on a picture of the wall, if you need a save to show you I've got one
Very annoying. I'll have to get into it later today but it if its only a softlock (picture but you can technically move) if you can escape by using the debug wand in inventory to fix screen or if you can close your eyes and navigate to any other map every map change should result in the fix screen code running as well (fail safe).

Who??-224

Apr 22, 2023
Very annoying. I'll have to get into it later today but it if its only a softlock (picture but you can technically move) if you can escape by using the debug wand in inventory to fix screen or if you can close your eyes and navigate to any other map every map change should result in the fix screen code running as well (fail safe).
will you add a cheating button in the future?

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
will you add a cheating button in the future?
Depends. I'm mostly for adding debug tools when needed right now. The problem is that we have competing interests in the alpha stage. I want bug reports. like what was commented. I fucking LIVE for bug reports. They are my meth. If i add things like a gallery unlock and maintain my own "heres all the scenes" save then I will receive less bug reports and my game will be worse.

Gallery unlocking is easy enough if you use any already made RPGM cheat tools. My stance is I'm not going to put any kind of anti-cheat or make things difficult to do it. But I don't benefit from it so I'm not going to natively put them in until very near the end.

tldr: Game free, alpha test 4 me pwease.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Who??-224

Who??-224

Apr 22, 2023
Depends. I'm mostly for adding debug tools when needed right now. The problem is that we have competing interests in the alpha stage. I want bug reports. like what was commented. I fucking LIVE for bug reports. They are my meth. If i add things like a gallery unlock and maintain my own "heres all the scenes" save then I will receive less bug reports and my game will be worse.

Gallery unlocking is easy enough if you use any already made RPGM cheat tools. My stance is I'm not going to put any kind of anti-cheat or make things difficult to do it. But I don't benefit from it so I'm not going to natively put them in until very near the end.

tldr: Game free, alpha test 4 me pwease.
youre a really great dev, most of the people dont care about the bug reports (yeah, we know what games im talking about)
its a shame you dont add a cheat button, but its reasonable, can you at least tell me here or pv what are the parameters i need to modify? XD
i broke the game 2 times modifying the wrong ones HAHAHA

Captain_Allegretto

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
youre a really great dev, most of the people dont care about the bug reports (yeah, we know what games im talking about)
its a shame you dont add a cheat button, but its reasonable, can you at least tell me here or pv what are the parameters i need to modify? XD
i broke the game 2 times modifying the wrong ones HAHAHA
There's a bunch of switches labeled "gal xx description" pretty far down the list and in a number of chunks. That's what your looking for. If it dosnt have a description its a placeholder switch. If you use mtool or save edit online you should be able to get the descriptions.

(I'm on the road so cant verify any actual numbers easily right now)

Reactions: Who??-224

Who??-224

Apr 22, 2023
There's a bunch of switches labeled "gal xx description" pretty far down the list and in a number of chunks. That's what your looking for. If it dosnt have a description its a placeholder switch. If you use mtool or save edit online you should be able to get the descriptions.

(I'm on the road so cant verify any actual numbers easily right now)
and thats the only fckng thing i didnt try to modify, im a failure of modder

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes