JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Finished the update (had to actually start again from the beginning because I had totally forgotten about the story lol).

And hmmm....... a little bit of mixed feelings about this update.
On one hand, I loved the first release of the game because it was a game set in Roman times, a time period that we don't really get to see used often in AVNs.

That still continues for most part in this second release.
But the twist which came with this second release; the whole MC actually lived a second life in another time, and his spirit is borrowing another dead Roman soldier's body in another time, I'm ngl. I'm not a huge fan of it.

Other people may see it differently, but tbh, I wish the dev had just kept it being entirely be on Roman time period without the whole different timeline/multiverse etc etc thing which is going on in the side. Roman time period stuff is the strongest aspect of the game, and I think this business with the gods/godesses with multi timelines etc feels like....... a distraction.

Other than that, I like the Roman era part of the story.

But I guess another part I think that should be addressed (that is, if others haven't mentioned it yet), the game is quite rough in terms of spelling & grammar etc.
I'm guessing GarusNG is Russian, cause even with my playthrough, it seemed some Russian (broken bits of it) seemed to seep out in one or two parts.
All in seriousness though, I do think you really need a proofreader to go through your work; several parts I just ignored the grammar/spelling mistakes, but in some cases, I couldn't understand what was being said or intent of the line; which I just skipped over.

Also, another tip; when doing the narration (where it's not a dialogue by any character) you don't need the character label "Artist." :HideThePain:
Players are smart enough to know that it's a narration even without the Artist label.

With the whole timeline and deaths and gods stuff, I'm guessing it can't be changed cause that's part of the dev's plan (not keen on it, but it is what it is I guess). But getting a proofreader to really go over your entire game and give it a real polish, I'd imagine it would help a lot.

Last edited:

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Finished the update (had to actually start again from the beginning because I had totally forgotten about the story lol).

On one hand, I loved the first release of the game because it was a game set in Roman times, a time period that we don't really get to see used often in AVNs.

But the twist which came with this second release; the whole MC actually lived a second life in another time, and his spirit is borrowing another dead Roman soldier's body in another time, I'm ngl. I'm not a huge fan of it.

Other people may see it differently, but tbh, I wish the dev had just kept it being entirely be on Roman time period without the whole different timeline/multiverse etc etc thing which is going on in the side. Roman time period stuff is the strongest aspect of the game, and I think this business with the gods/godesses with multi timelines etc feels like....... a distraction.

But I guess another part I think that should be addressed (that is, if others haven't mentioned it yet), the game is really, really rough in terms of spelling & grammar etc.
I'm guessing GarusNG is Russian, cause even with my playthrough, it seemed some Russian (broken bits of it) seemed to seep out in one or two parts.
All in seriousness though, I do think you really need a proofreader to go through your work; several parts I just ignored the grammar/spelling mistakes, but in some cases, I couldn't understand what was being said or intent of the line; which I just skipped over.

Also, another tip; when doing the narration (where it's not a dialogue by any character) you don't need the character label "Artist." :HideThePain:
Players are smart enough to know that it's a narration even without the Artist label.

With the whole timeline and deaths and gods stuff, I'm guessing it can't be changed cause that's part of the dev's plan (not keen on it, but it is what it is I guess). But getting a proofreader to really go over your entire game and give it a real polish, I'd imagine it would help a lot.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about it too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: JJJ84

GarusNG

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018

But I guess another part I think that should be addressed (that is, if others haven't mentioned it yet), the game is quite rough in terms of spelling & grammar etc.

Thank you for your feedback. A small update will be made soon, which will answer some questions.

Reactions: Wzighack

OnlyFriend

Donor
Nov 10, 2019
multiple protagonist ? coz looks like I was in control of Ati matter

also images has very low brightness.... my eyes hurt a bit

sanitarium

May 7, 2024
Very nice game, I liked it. Models are fine, historical setting and plot are interesting. Looking forward for future content!

Biggest downside in my opinion, are the dialogues. They are kind of convoluted and weird. Dev should seriously consider someone who's a native english speaker to review dialogues.

Wzighack

Feb 24, 2020

I am 100% sure that he is russian speaker, cuz there are too much things that indicates on it. Koschey... it's a persona from folklore, didn't see it ANYwhere outside of russian movies, books and etc.
A lot of russian phrases just out of nowhere. so yep, 100%

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes