deme123

Dec 26, 2018
I just got to the first day of free mode, it says there are 23 days left until the auction then i walk out the door and it says the auction is today and i get a bad end.
I had this same issue. Started a fresh save, went through the intro, started freeplay and it triggered the bad end flag. After the bad end, the game randomly crashed.

All I had to do was reload and then skip the intro. all the stats are the same. ez fix

Reactions: ZioBen and Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I had this same issue. Started a fresh save, went through the intro, started freeplay and it triggered the bad end flag. After the bad end, the game randomly crashed.

All I had to do was reload and then skip the intro. all the stats are the same. ez fix
Yeah I replicated this. There is a big somewhere in there I am not sure if it is apparent in the jp version. i don't think it is. I imagine it is a scripting issue or something wrong in the maps for the prologue. Gonna look into it.

Reactions: ZioBen

allyva

Jun 11, 2017
I could of done a better job see some spots that need to be fixed up. Might go back and edit the images somemore. I don't know if that was your feedback but either way I appreciate it none the less.
No it's just super rare that games have good h-status pages. Most of them don't track stuff like that at all. So I think that makes this game a lot more worth playing.

If you want feedback, I've only just started the prologue, and in the first scene there's dialogue that doesn't fit in the displayed area, so it can't all be read. Ranked problems with translations are (in order of decreasing severity):

1. You are NISA and deliberately censor the work, or FUNI and replace the work with random political comments. (fortunately rare in fan translations)
2. Your translation breaks scripts or prevents them firing at all
3. Your translation can't be read for technical reasons <---
4. Your translation is incomplete in entire dialogue segments
5. Your translation is raw MTL and completely impossible to understand in places
6. Your translation is massaged MTL and is awkward in places
7. Your translation has some untranslated bits in dialogue <---
8. Your translation has some untranslated bits in images <---

Marked <--- for what I've seen so far in this game. #3 doesn't seem that bad so far, just mentioning it since it's there. 7&8 are super minor complaints that I wouldn't even raise if not asked about.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I love the 'translator' note about how they barely translated anything at all, and spews vitriol about it, and says they didn't edit anything, either. So...10 or 20 minutes of copy pasting into google translate?
"I'm calling myself a translator without actually translating anything" lol

z0r

Jun 1, 2017
That is one example "bruh" and that game was finished by someone else Link professional or not fuck if I know. So I ask again when has a MTL physically ruined without any doubt someone pick up the torch? Can it happen? sure, you gave an example yourself, but it is not an absolute and there is no correlation to have a fit about it. I doubt anyone doing a translation would even care I did this. There will always be someone to pick up the torch just because someone decided it wasn't worth their time doesn't mean someone else won't pick it up. It is all semantics. We can argue all night about it but it doesn't change anything. Just let people have their fun and move on, you said it yourself you can just use VNR/Chiitrans to hook it. This was more an opportunity to test out translating UI and image editing and I learned something from it. Instead of shelving it I posted it to get feedback to improve.
Think you taking me being disappointed as having an autism fit lol. It's fine and all that you finished someone else's work and learned from it. You can say you don't give a shit about what people think about MTL but when you upload a game regardless of what part you had to play in it people are going to complain about parts of the upload they don't like MTL included.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I love the 'translator' note about how they barely translated anything at all, and spews vitriol about it, and says they didn't edit anything, either. So...10 or 20 minutes of copy pasting into google translate?
"I'm calling myself a translator without actually translating anything" lol
To put it simply, It is frustrating to see people bash someone's work even if it isn't mine with the same old tired BS about MTLs. So I just noted that I don't give a shit about it so don't bother crying about it. Secondly I have translated a few games on this site. I have much to learn and that was my goal of translating the UI of this game. Would I call myself a translator, more like amateur who is learning. The best way to get feedback and learn and get better. An audience. It was pretty much done so I released it. Did I do an ass load of work? No of course not and you are absolutely right to give that criticism. That is fair you got me there. however I did do my part in translating the UI and I finished it up since the game was pretty much done it was readable and I figured it was better to finish it and give people a shot at trying it out and see how I did on the UI. you all get a game and I get feedback win win.

I have deleted the Q & A bit about MTL BS because you are correct that is just picking a fight and that is not my intention. I guess I was in a funk when I wrote that and wanted to try and get more feedback then THIS SUCK.

Thank you for the feedback I will be more diplomatic in the future.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Think you taking me being disappointed as having an autism fit lol. It's fine and all that you finished someone else's work and learned from it. You can say you don't give a shit about what people think about MTL but when you upload a game regardless of what part you had to play in it people are going to complain about parts of the upload they don't like MTL included.
That is fair. My frustration is little to do with you individually and more with the generally idea that MTLs hurt anyone or kill games translations. They really don't. If I had more time I would love to give this game more justice. Frankly I didn't. I am committed to coming back to it later and cleaning it up and I said in another guy's post, if there is a desire and people want it I would love to give it a go.

I apologize if i was overly hard on you for providing your opinion. Just like I said, I feel it is a unfair assumption to say MTL harm a games chances but you are entitled to your own opinion.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
i'm thinking of.... How did u got there? I've barely steped out my house and BAH! Bad Ending... i'm not sure about the game himself, but the english version look like bugs and bugs compilation (dont judgme wrong, progress ur job, but do it with more effort translate dev.)

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
No it's just super rare that games have good h-status pages. Most of them don't track stuff like that at all. So I think that makes this game a lot more worth playing.

If you want feedback, I've only just started the prologue, and in the first scene there's dialogue that doesn't fit in the displayed area, so it can't all be read. Ranked problems with translations are (in order of decreasing severity):

1. You are NISA and deliberately censor the work, or FUNI and replace the work with random political comments. (fortunately rare in fan translations)
2. Your translation breaks scripts or prevents them firing at all
3. Your translation can't be read for technical reasons <---
4. Your translation is incomplete in entire dialogue segments
5. Your translation is raw MTL and completely impossible to understand in places
6. Your translation is massaged MTL and is awkward in places
7. Your translation has some untranslated bits in dialogue <---
8. Your translation has some untranslated bits in images <---

Marked <--- for what I've seen so far in this game. #3 doesn't seem that bad so far, just mentioning it since it's there. 7&8 are super minor complaints that I wouldn't even raise if not asked about.
The majority of the issues you outlined were with the pre-existing translation. Like I had said I wasn't interested in doing this entire game so I finished up an existing translation. most the stuff I did was when you read books or the UI.

i'm thinking of.... How did u got there? I've barely steped out my house and BAH! Bad Ending... i'm not sure about the game himself, but the english version look like bugs and bugs compilation (dont judgme wrong, progress ur job, but do it with more effort translate dev.)
it is looking like the prologue got a bug in there somewhere. If you skip the prologue when you start the game over you get no error. Trying to find the bug and kill it. I think I may have found it but have to test things out.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
it is looking like the prologue got a bug in there somewhere. If you skip the prologue when you start the game over you get no error. Trying to find the bug and kill it. I think I may have found it but have to test things out.
TY man! and.. The translation isnt the problem at all, the fucking bug is. I'd be pissed here because of the bug. hahahah. I dont think it's the best way doing such things like call yours job Shit and etc.. Boy, i'm thankful that someone caugh this game for translation, so you had my vote, i just want to play it without this damn bug :') Anyway, good luck and look foward to be always better. (bad english, i'm not english native, but i'm trying.. hahah)

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Idk man that line sounds pretty funny. lol. I didn't play long but I read the script. Worst I saw was random Kanji mixed in with english text. The translation looked rough but readable.

Though next game with pregnancy I actually do a full translation on I am putting "You cum very much I am pregnant now" in there somewhere.
Please do (to both translating a pregnancy game and putting that line in even if it doesnt actually work)

Reactions: ZaIgo

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
TY man! and.. The translation isnt the problem at all, the fucking bug is. I'd be pissed here because of the bug. hahahah. I dont think it's the best way doing such things like call yours job Shit and etc.. Boy, i'm thankful that someone caugh this game for translation, so you had my vote, i just want to play it without this damn bug :') Anyway, good luck and look foward to be always better. (bad english, i'm not english native, but i'm trying.. hahah)
I am testing a fix now actually. Idk if it is the issue but I will see if I get past the bad end bug. If so I will post the fixed file ASAP.

Mar 19, 2018
The majority of the issues you outlined were with the pre-existing translation. Like I had said I wasn't interested in doing this entire game so I finished up an existing translation. most the stuff I did was when you read books or the UI.

Here I don't know if it will help but I translated menu abit since It didn't feel right to me

Still translating the other files

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So I also see some translations have not applied properly for books and such. I am looking into that as well. Not anything that will interrupt your ability to play more then the bad end bug but still annoying.

allyva

Jun 11, 2017
I get a crash during the scene after losing to the three thieves in the slums. You can get to this scene by getting to night and then going to the slums and walking into the three guys in robes.

allyva

Jun 11, 2017
I get a crash during the scene after losing to the three thieves in the slums. You can get to this scene by getting to night and then going to the slums and walking into the three guys in robes.
And a crash in the first prostitution scene, in the building the thieves are hiding behind... I'm guessing this is going to be a pattern so I'll wait for updates.

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes