Pink Gum

Developing AnimeVerse Island
Game Developer
Sep 17, 2023
I have read and watched the entire thing in both media forms in North America and I never have once seen her referred to as Elza. I even started with fan scanlations waaaaay back in the day (RIP managstream) and they never once called her Elza either, even if they had 3 different spelling for Jellal over the course of 3-4 volumes.

Gameplaywise? I enjoyed what I saw. A bit disappointed that it was so short but thats what updates are for! Good set of characters. Map system could use some help but you already got feedback on that. Can't wait to see more.
Well, you can see a screenshot above, where we can see that even in anime on her grave it is written Elza :)
So, it can be both, i prefer Elza more :) Like in One Piece they have their currency - "belly", word confirmed by Oda himself, but in anime they pron it like "berry", so even in Netflix live-action they call it "berry".

Pink Gum

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2023
But yes, writing Elza is just like writing Naluto or Sakula, it's weird
You can see above that spelling ELZA was confirmed even in anime:) So, it's up for everyone, who prefers what. I prefer Elza, cause when I started watching it 10 years ago in fansub it was always Elza, than some changed it to Elza

Crocodeeznutz

May 9, 2023
if you are looking for feedback on things please please please remove the day limit and make it a sandbox like my hero rising or jump harem it would work so much better otherwise fantastic game

Reactions: Pink Gum

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hey there,
1. First of all, to know girls better, secondly, to be more smart and aware of what happens in their universes (some girls like smart guys)
2. There can be lesbians, right? Or maybe it's not that simple...we will see.

You will have enough of Yoruichi content in this version, my friend, but even more in 2 weeks :)
Ok, so I played the game very quickly so below are my initial feedbacks and/or reviews:

The OP did not mentioned that the MC himself is a high school student, before he was "teleported" to the Aniverse Island. Anyway, MC doesn't really have to attend school in the island but rather doing various school-related activities during the morning to past the time.
The models are really good. Overall, the audio, visuals and animations are really good. This game has enormous potential, especially with good enough storyline(s).
For the characters, I know a bit about Yoruichi ( Bleach ) and Hinata ( Naruto ), heard about Erza ( Fairy Tail ) & Nami ( One Piece ), no idea about the rest, but no issue at least for me because they all look very good(y).
The game ends abruptly ( like a couple members mentioned previously ) and you already responded, this release is kinda like a "demo".
I don't foresee any kind of story so far, but rather a "management-like" game, where player needs to increase MC stats ( Strength, Intelligence, Attractiveness ) to unlock contents and gather Love points with LIs.
Minigames needs refinement in general:
1. Training ( Strength ): No idea what to do with the moving ball, I reload like a dozen then spam clicks until it suddenly register a point, no retries.
2. Study ( Intelligence ): For now, it is just a simple math multiplication questions.
3. Dance ( Attractiveness ): Quite intuitive, there are multiple dance steps ( thumbnails ), click the correct steps before the timer runs out, no retries.
4. Hidden Item : Finding lipstick in the gym equipment room, very short time, no retries.
I normally play Ren'Py games with Auto play but the Auto function for this game has weird effects. The game jumps back to Main Menu when it reaches the "sandbox" part ( where map is showing ).
The lewd/sex scenes are short & quick. Definitely can be improved further by making hot scenes.
The lewd with Yoruichi escalates very quickly, from the boobjob after the beach event to the bathroom sex at the end of day 3, but I guess it is expected for this type of game, scenes unlock with enough points.
I use cheat to unlock sex with Alice ( the prostitute ) because I don't think it is possible by normal play, as I can only get max $30 by working for 2 days at the cafe. Anyway, the scenes are mediocre at best and it gives Attractiveness points ( between 5 to 10 points depending on the action/cost ) to the MC ( alternative to the Dance minigame, which only give 5 points ).

Last but not least, looking forward to how this game will develop into. Cheers.

Reactions: rKnight

Pink Gum

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2023
Ok, so I played the game very quickly so below are my initial feedbacks and/or reviews:

The OP did not mentioned that the MC himself is a high school student, before he was "teleported" to the Aniverse Island. Anyway, MC doesn't really have to attend school in the island but rather doing various school-related activities during the morning to past the time.
The models are really good. Overall, the audio, visuals and animations are really good. This game has enormous potential, especially with good enough storyline(s).
For the characters, I know a bit about Yoruichi ( Bleach ) and Hinata ( Naruto ), heard about Erza ( Fairy Tail ) & Nami ( One Piece ), no idea about the rest, but no issue at least for me because they all look very good(y).
The game ends abruptly ( like a couple members mentioned previously ) and you already responded, this release is kinda like a "demo".
I don't foresee any kind of story so far, but rather a "management-like" game, where player needs to increase MC stats ( Strength, Intelligence, Attractiveness ) to unlock contents and gather Love points with LIs.
Minigames needs refinement in general:
1. Training ( Strength ): No idea what to do with the moving ball, I reload like a dozen then spam clicks until it suddenly register a point, no retries.
2. Study ( Intelligence ): For now, it is just a simple math multiplication questions.
3. Dance ( Attractiveness ): Quite intuitive, there are multiple dance steps ( thumbnails ), click the correct steps before the timer runs out, no retries.
4. Hidden Item : Finding lipstick in the gym equipment room, very short time, no retries.
I normally play Ren'Py games with Auto play but the Auto function for this game has weird effects. The game jumps back to Main Menu when it reaches the "sandbox" part ( where map is showing ).
The lewd/sex scenes are short & quick. Definitely can be improved further by making hot scenes.
The lewd with Yoruichi escalates very quickly, from the boobjob after the beach event to the bathroom sex at the end of day 3, but I guess it is expected for this type of game, scenes unlock with enough points.
I use cheat to unlock sex with Alice ( the prostitute ) because I don't think it is possible by normal play, as I can only get max $30 by working for 2 days at the cafe. Anyway, the scenes are mediocre at best and it gives Attractiveness points ( between 5 to 10 points depending on the action/cost ) to the MC ( alternative to the Dance minigame, which only give 5 points ).

Last but not least, looking forward to how this game will develop into. Cheers.
That's a solid review! Thanks a lot, I will keep that in mind and will try to fix some things.
I agree that everything with Yoruichi happened too fast, the reason behind is that I wanted players to understand how far you can get and see enogh of different animations in a short time, so after that they will think like "I want to see that with Nami" or smt like that. I will think about mini games too. I do not know how to fix issues with auto play yet, to be honest...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Pink Gum

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2023
if you are looking for feedback on things please please please remove the day limit and make it a sandbox like my hero rising or jump harem it would work so much better otherwise fantastic game
I will think about it after I fully finish the first week. To be honest, I am not sure how to do it, I am very new in that...

f-zoned

Apr 10, 2021
My main gripe with the writing: It's thEn not thAn. Which instances? All of them.

Edit: I see you do that in your comments too. Than = comparison.

Last edited:

Pink Gum

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2023
My main gripe with the writing: It's thEn not thAn. Which instances? All of them.

Edit: I see you do that in your comments too. Than = comparison.
Oh, I am sorry, I'm not a native speaker, sorry for spelling mistakes, sometimes I forget when to use thEn and thAn :D

Reactions: Trono-10

LivingUnderARock

Nov 22, 2021
Quick pointer on the Mac version - you need to set

AnimeVerseHighschool.app/Contents/MacOS/AnimeVerseHighschool

executable when you package it, otherwise you get an obscure "can't run" message. I ran

chmod +x AnimeVerseHighschool python* zsync*

in the MacOS directory and it seems fine now, looking forward to taking it for a spin.

Reactions: tylerfire55

Scuzzbucket

Jan 8, 2018
Really digging the style. Models look very defined, don't really like that it locks to a few days, so I can't explore much of the content without starting from scratch over and over. Lookin' forward to growth.

Reactions: Pink Gum
4.00 star(s) 7 Votes