May 2, 2020
Having Deep acknowledge people's worries about Anna looking different and that she seems to have gotten a soft reset is encouraging. I, like many, was pretty disappointed in the updates lackluster-iness. However, with his massive switch to a new system with Ren'py, adding people to the team, and doing a big overhaul (along with, sure, Andrew is in the hospital, so he cooled her down for a second... FINE, I hate it but i get it) it makes sense. Hopefully, he kicks things into gear with Anna getting back to the slut we all know and love.

Deep, even if you fuck everything up from here on out - Chapter 1 was a fucking hell of a thing. Thanks man.
Sure but keeping up with fucking guys now has not much to do with realism. Doubt anyone here, if in the same circumstances, would keep it up now. So it was nice to see her asking for Alfred staying over because she was lonely all of a sudden due to her boyfriend being in the hospital and in a pretty serious condition. She now, apparently, needs someone to lean on.

That said, I like the update and the big overhaul that came with it.

Reactions: Bolero

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
"It´s a special one i got from a buddy i met in france during WW2." Ok just how old is Alfred? nearly 100?

Reactions: paddyo73

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
In 70-80s range, cuz WW2 took place from 1939-1945.
If he had met a buddy in France during WWII it suggests he was a serviceman. He could have been 18 in 1945 & in the armed forces which would make him 93. If he'd been in Korea, he would still be in his mid-80's. Vietnam would be the best choice, as he could be in his 60's. If he was in the forces in the 40's, he obviously has something which all older men want but he's keeping it a secret!

Anatoli3000

Jul 19, 2018

Weekly update

Hello, dear Patrons!

Finally, I can write a recap after the release of Chapter 2 for Anna.
I have received a lot of comments about Chapter 2, some good, some with concerns, but overall it looks like we are on the right path.

Are you serious? Sorry for my criticism, but it's not funny now.
Haha good comments? Good comments in this forum only from teenagers, who don't care about nothing, they just saw nude tits and whats totally enough for them.
Where is a story in this game?
It's totally unrealistic... Girls do not go for sex so quickly, even if they themselves want it...
You need to seduce them, play with them, flirt ... tease them ... And sometimes it is taken by masculine imperiousness. Or take them by rough ... But not as poorly as it is shown in many moments in the game. Where is the plot of the story? Where is Fabula? Where is the conflict? I would recommend the author to first learn how to write dialogues, story scripts. And fix the plot. And then this game will be the best. Not just a messy handjob.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
anne O'nymous Hey mate, sorry to drag you into this thread but I run into an issue and might need your help to understand what is going on.

Problem: As soon as I try to change the front text size in scripts.rpa the game no longer starts and gives me a traceback. Is it due to some obfuscation tool/code in scripts.rpa? :unsure:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/home/artcore/Downloads/Games/AEAC2-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/home/artcore/Downloads/Games/AEAC2-pc/renpy/main.py", line 357, in main
    renpy.loader.index_archives()
  File "/home/artcore/Downloads/Games/AEAC2-pc/renpy/loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
    index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Linux-5.4.0-56-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sun Dec  6 10:15:08 2020

DeepSleep

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
If he had met a buddy in France during WWII it suggests he was a serviceman. He could have been 18 in 1945 & in the armed forces which would make him 93. If he'd been in Korea, he would still be in his mid-80's. Vietnam would be the best choice, as he could be in his 60's. If he was in the forces in the 40's, he obviously has something which all older men want but he's keeping it a secret!
The thing is that I'm born in the 80's and I still live in the 2000's and think that ww2 was 60 years ago :D Thank you guys for pointing this out :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Is it due to some obfuscation tool/code in scripts.rpa? :unsure:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
[...]
  File "/home/artcore/Downloads/Games/AEAC2-pc/renpy/main.py", line 357, in main
    renpy.loader.index_archives()
[...]
Do not edit directly the rpa files, they are binary, slightly compressed, archives.
Even if you're careful, editing them with a binary editor and taking care to change a string by a string of the exact same length, the result will still have a different checksum (value that permit to know if the file have been corrupted or not).

Use unren.bat (for , also exist for ), to both extract the scripts from the rpa files and, if needed, "uncompress" the rpyc files. This will give you access to the source that, then and only then, you can edit.

This said, if you just want to change some style, you don't necessarily need to go this far. While the game is playing, put the mouse cursor over the part you want to change, then press SHIFT + [/icode]i[/icode]. You'll get a screen like this one :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where the style you hovered is the last one. This will give you the style name (here "page_label_text"). Then, click on the said style name, and you get a screen like that one :
Where you'll find the property defined by this style, and their actual value.

Once this is done, create a file, "myStyle.rpy" by example, and fill it with your changes :
Python:
#  Tell Ren'py to proceed this after the default init level, therefore
# after the original styles are defined.
init offset = 100

#  This will edit the "page_label_text" style
style page_label_text:
#  And change the value for its "hover_color" property.
    hover_color "#FF0000"
Put the file in the game directory, so for this game "/home/artcore/Downloads/Games/AEAC2-pc/game", and just launch the game. It will now play with your changes in the style.
Don't forget to keep a copy of "myStyle.rpy" somewhere, in order to just have to copy/paste it when playing the next update. And give him a more explicit name for you to remember to which game it apply.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Do not edit directly the rpa files, they are binary, slightly compressed, archives.
Even if you're careful, editing them with a binary editor and taking care to change a string by a string of the exact same length, the result will still have a different checksum (value that permit to know if the file have been corrupted or not).

Use unren.bat (for , also exist for ), to both extract the scripts from the rpa files and, if needed, "uncompress" the rpyc files. This will give you access to the source that, then and only then, you can edit.

This said, if you just want to change some style, you don't necessarily need to go this far. While the game is playing, put the mouse cursor over the part you want to change, then press SHIFT + [/icode]i[/icode]. You'll get a screen like this one :
Where the style you hovered is the last one. This will give you the style name (here "page_label_text"). Then, click on the said style name, and you get a screen like that one :
Where you'll find the property defined by this style, and their actual value.

Once this is done, create a file, "myStyle.rpy" by example, and fill it with your changes :
Python:
#  Tell Ren'py to proceed this after the default init level, therefore
# after the original styles are defined.
init offset = 100

#  This will edit the "page_label_text" style
style page_label_text:
#  And change the value for its "hover_color" property.
    hover_color "#FF0000"
Put the file in the game directory, so for this game "/home/artcore/Downloads/Games/AEAC2-pc/game", and just launch the game. It will now play with your changes in the style.
Don't forget to keep a copy of "myStyle.rpy" somewhere, in order to just have to copy/paste it when playing the next update. And give him a more explicit name for you to remember to which game it apply.
Thanks Anne! I will try it! (y)

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I like the changes he made. Transition to renpy is very much welcomed. I noticed that now the writing is better too, it is not just Anna going from one place to another and fucking everyone on every new scene.

She was very sexy before but now with the new haircut and all, she is even prettier, and somehow it feels like devs improved the visuals too, i may be wrong but i just get that feeling while playing the game.

The game feels like it all started from the beginning ( like she knows the people but she is not on the same level of sexual interactions with them where she was at the end of the first season), how she is now treating people she would usually fuck whenever she met them (Alfred in her apartment scene for example). I personally like it.

I tried all routes and had no crashes or problems some of you mention here.

The weird thing is that Jeremy is alive even though i had him killed in the first season.
Anyway, i am more excited about the future updates than i was before.
So this is a new episode and I was the first one that noticed the physical and mental changes in Anna
She is now a tired woman and no more a young girl ...
This game requires a new title... no longer a young girl's exciting affection.

it would have been better to finish the previous chapter in a more complete way before starting the second episode

I played the unofficial remake in RenPy and the story is very good up the version 2.0...
Now this is a different game even if Anna lives in the same City with the same people, friends, sister, and they all know well Anna (except for Andrew).. for me the story becomes full of non-sense...
All the reviews in this thread are written for the old version...
I suggest to open a new Thread for this new "Chapter" because the game has been changed and it is no more the Exciting Affection of Anna.

we will see in the future and I sincerely hope to be wrong.

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
I like the changes he made. Transition to renpy is very much welcomed. I noticed that now the writing is better too, it is not just Anna going from one place to another and fucking everyone on every new scene.

She was very sexy before but now with the new haircut and all, she is even prettier, and somehow it feels like devs improved the visuals too, i may be wrong but i just get that feeling while playing the game.

The game feels like it all started from the beginning ( like she knows the people but she is not on the same level of sexual interactions with them where she was at the end of the first season), how she is now treating people she would usually fuck whenever she met them (Alfred in her apartment scene for example). I personally like it.

I tried all routes and had no crashes or problems some of you mention here.

The weird thing is that Jeremy is alive even though i had him killed in the first season.
Anyway, i am more excited about the future updates than i was before.
when you go to the office you can choose jeremy's route

anna.jpg

Kagaramor

Jun 13, 2017
for me the story becomes full of non-sense...
It's kinda hard to find sense after it begins with "she hit her head, now she be horny" (or somewhat similar to it, story and dialogues were really forgettable) and starts to bang every creep. Of course, you can choose to refuse them, but there's no point in that at all. (and you're still forced into sex scene with bfs dad, iirc)

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019

Weekly update

Some think that Anna has gotten curvier, but it isn't so. Maybe her new dress and office outfit makes her look so, together with her new hair. Also, there are some wide angle images for locations where she is not in the right spot and is a bit stretched and looks wider :) Some people like it though :) Still, I'm using the same model as before and the last part was even with the main Genesis 3 model is used for years. There will be more outfits and scenes in the future where you will see that she's the same.
Thank you for this .. so I was not the only one who noticed the wide angle...
Anna seems to be shorter and her head is smaller and her body is bigger and wider ... this together with the too fluffy hairstyle that looks like a wig ages the figure of the character ... you know it's really easy to tell if a woman wears wig unless with shaved head. a young woman reacts like her should always have more dynamic hairstyles and for work it would be good to see her with her hair pulled back or gathered high so that the neck and ears are uncovered
As for the content, I agree that she is a bit more calmed down, but Andrew is in hospital after all. All I can tell is that it's not going to be a restart of what she is and she will still have her baggage with her from the previous Chapter and will continue to have a lot of fun. Scenes will have more meaning than just fucking left and right, but players will still get a lot of action as we are planning to release updates more often. At the moment we are planning to release the next update at the beginning of January and I think we will manage.
mmm I'm not quite sure about that due to the fact that she still live in he same city with a lot of men, women and co-workers that well know her
And if you add too much grind mechanism just to hide the inconsistent of the story progress by adding useless time-consuming features... this would be worse than remain on RPGM engine.
you are too excited by the possible Renpy features and you want try all of them but doing this will makes you lose that the main interest in a story... is the story, renders. beautifull characters...
too much menus, phones, or maps are not required... less mechanism = more concentration in the story
If you have some other comments, ideas, concerns, or critics about the game, please don't be afraid and send me everything. Discord, email, and patreon mail are there and I try to reply to everyone.
I think that all users that ask you to use RenPy instead RPGM want that the RPGM mechanism was no more an obstacle to stay focused in the story...
if you replace the machanisme with others new .. great ... awesome ..But...those new type of mechanisms the add time-consuming game playing... after some time this will becomes boring maybe more than stay on RPGM.

Thank you I can't wait to see a new update of this chaper 2

PS: IN THE OP ALL IMAGES ARERELATED TO THE CH1.. I really suggest to use the new CH2 images to avoid delusional expectations.

4.00 star(s) 135 Votes