Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Hey, obviously this game has been kicking around for ages but I've never played it. I haven't read the whole thread, but noticed some comments from the dev from 4 or 5 years ago and just wonder how much they still hold true.

Is it still the case that you can play the MC as an independent person who makes her own decisions and can reject scenes/paths you don't want? Or is she unavoidably abused, humiliated, harassed, etc.?
If you want you can reject every single sex scene in the game, except for the ones with her boyfriend Andrew. She will still suffer a certain amount of harassment in the Bar for instance during Chapter 1, but even there you can avoid all the sex stuff. So yeah, you can pick and choose which sexy content you want to include. And since the start of Chapter 2, there are now naughty alternatives, to most of the more extreme blackmail content (like the Jeremy route, in the hospital, or in the Bar). So now if you don't want Anna to follow routes where she gets abused or humiliated, you get alternative sex scenes where that doesn't happen

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
as far as i remember we could chose to help either Earl or Segrey - but couldn't we also chose to "help" fitzgerald or do i remember things wrong?
She could choose to do that under duress. But it was hardly a choice that was made willingly. They're the kind of choices that you ignore, the first chance you get. Anna hates Fitzgerald for orchestrating Rebecca's kidnapping, so why would she choose to help him, if she didn't have to?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
If you want you can reject every single sex scene in the game, except for the ones with her boyfriend Andrew. She will still suffer a certain amount of harassment in the Bar for instance during Chapter 1, but even there you can avoid all the sex stuff. So yeah, you can pick and choose which sexy content you want to include. And since the start of Chapter 2, there are now naughty alternatives, to most of the more extreme blackmail content (like the Jeremy route, in the hospital, or in the Bar). So now if you don't want Anna to follow routes where she gets abused or humiliated, you get alternative sex scenes where that doesn't happen
Eh, I think I've played to about halfway through (the ren'py remake of) chapter one, and so far it seems to be your run of the mill humiliation/blackmail/sluttification story, where the plot hinges on the MC suddenly somehow magically being on the hook for 40 grand embezzled by her shitty friend for no reason. While you can reject individual scenes/story beats, her overall character trajectory seems pretty much set in stone.

If there are more alternative paths opening up in chapter two that sounds like a good thing, but I don't think I have the patience to sit through the rest of the first chapter to get to it right now. Maybe I'll make another pass at it later.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
The bar is fine, I just don't like forced scenes. I understand guys like lesbians, but it's just like a guy playing a male hero game and having a forced gay scene.
Except that scene wasn't forced. Both Anna and Emily willingly took part in it. Anna does it, to get Patrick off her back permanently, and Emily does it to help out her friend. How are they getting forced? Both of them also end up having a great time as well.

quickstart

May 17, 2021
It's telling me to go to Timothy's door but then it says he's not there and I can't forward time. Anyone get to this point and figure it out?

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Eh, I think I've played to about halfway through (the ren'py remake of) chapter one, and so far it seems to be your run of the mill humiliation/blackmail/sluttification story, where the plot hinges on the MC suddenly somehow magically being on the hook for 40 grand embezzled by her shitty friend for no reason. While you can reject individual scenes/story beats, her overall character trajectory seems pretty much set in stone.

If there are more alternative paths opening up in chapter two that sounds like a good thing, but I don't think I have the patience to sit through the rest of the first chapter to get to it right now. Maybe I'll make another pass at it later.
You can play this game however you want. But the whole point of the game, is to play it the way you obviously don't want to. Essentially Anna is a corruption/blackmail game on a grand scale. If you don't like that kind of content, then the question you should be asking, is why am I bothering? Because you're always going to be disappointed.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
After many years as patron, I must confess that I'm losing interest in the game. I don't feel that "new update's excitement" anymore, now I'm just like "oh, it's out". Idk, renders are beautiful and Deep + Awake are a great team, but there's something off with the last updates: same characters and a slow progression with the new ones, ... and the animations, too mechanic, fast and with unnatural movements; they're getting worse. I think that in ch1 they were overall better.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
You can play this game however you want. But the whole point of the game, is to play it the way you obviously don't want to. Essentially Anna is a corruption/blackmail game on a grand scale. If you don't like that kind of content, then the question should be asking, is why am I bothering? Because you're always going to be disappointed.
Yup, that's why I asked in the first place. No shade on this particular kink for those that enjoy it.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Except that scene wasn't forced. Both Anna and Emily willingly took part in it. Anna does it, to get Patrick off her back permanently, and Emily does it to help out her friend. How are they getting forced? Both of them also end up having a great time as well.
I assumed they meant forced *on the player* rather than *on the character*, but I didn't get that far in the story.

4.00 star(s) 133 Votes