Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I may be mistaken, but are you able to reject every advance without either getting a game over or at some point it being forced to progress the story? I'm not advocating for some vanilla love route or to remove cheating.
It's also funny how her condition applies to everyone but the bf in which it seems to have the opposite affect lol.
Either way my only point was that the bf is just a plot device or a Macguffin and I have no issue with that, I just wished he wasn't a complete incompetent fool or she could get with someone who isn't totally useless since it feels they have no real reason to be together in any regard and it cheapens the cheating.
I've never played the game rejecting everything, so I couldn't say. I have a playthrough where she significantly limits who she has sex with, in case that's a requirement to eventually play Andrew's renaissance route, should that ever come to pass. The game isn't really supposed to be played that way. You may be able to do it, but I don't understand why anyone would want to do it? If that's the kind of game someone wants, then why choose to play one that's the total opposite of a vanilla love route? There are plenty of other games on this site, that are much more in tune with that.

For me the main problem with Andrew and Anna, is she's grown up and he hasn't. When they were younger, he helped her cope with having an alcoholic father. So it's not like they never had a reason to be together. It's just that she's outgrown him, and she needs someone who's more mature.

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
I've never played the game rejecting everything, so I couldn't say. I have a playthrough where she significantly limits who she has sex with, in case that's a requirement to eventually play Andrew's renaissance route, should that ever come to pass. The game isn't really supposed to be played that way. You may be able to do it, but I don't understand why anyone would want to do it? If that's the kind of game someone wants, then why choose to play one that's the total opposite of a vanilla love route? There are plenty of other games on this site, that are much more in tune with that.

For me the main problem with Andrew and Anna, is she's grown up and he hasn't. When they were younger, he helped her cope with having an alcoholic father. So it's not like they never had a reason to be together. It's just that she's outgrown him, and she needs someone who's more mature.
Yes that's kind of my point, that the game isn't about the BF or his importance to her/the story and isn't meant to be. As I said, he's a Macguffin and plot device. Everyone knows and accepts that but my point is if you kept the same character but made him competent at sex but otherwise the same bumbling incompetent idiot who isn't actually a part of any real ending, it wouldn't impact anything else but it could add some needed tension to the cheating since at least he has SOMETHING going for him as opposed to nothing going for him and is a dud in literally every aspect of his life. I just find the bf in a coma and cheating on him to be weak and flimsy. Is it really any different then any other scene that doesn't involve him at that point? There's literally 0 risk of being caught or exposed or the thrill and danger that cheating is supposed to be about.

I'd actually say it's the opposite and that the bf has grown up and she hasn't. He seems to actually show some emotional maturity once in a while. Responsibility, guilt, consequences etc. Even though he's not the smartest or strongest or shrewdest person. Let's be honest he's a total loser lol but at least those things enter his mind at some point. While in contrast she basically struggles to giving in to her every whim and just indulges and satisfies her baser instincts without regard for consequences etc. The way she's acted in so many of the situations doesn't show maturity but the opposite. Making decisions based on the wrong reasons and not thinking twice about the consequences etc. He's wanted a more normal stable life while she wants the thrills and danger and excitement.

Anyways, again, I'm not saying the game should be some vanilla game or she should be with the bf and live happily ever after or any crap like that. I'm just saying the bf is a plot device and nothing more and can easily be replaced with someone who isn't a total failure and then at least maybe her not breaking up with him wouldn't be such a stretch of the imagination.

Manuya

Dec 26, 2021
hi, i have a question?
what's the difference between sandbox & vn for chapter 2 is it the same game just you can free roam in sandbox & in vn you can't?

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
hi, i have a question?
what's the difference between sandbox & vn for chapter 2 is it the same game just you can free roam in sandbox & in vn you can't?
You cannot free roam in sandbox
the story is exactly the same you can follow your prefered route in sandbox and VN as well
if for example you choose the "Jeremy is dead" route.. you well never be able to see Jeremy scenes in Sandbox ( no free-roam over the rpute you are following)) and the sames on VN.

The only differences is:
1) In sandbox you must use the map to find the correct scene order

2) in VN you can stai focused in the route you have choose without waste your time in useless Click Click like change dress and you do not need map.

I personally prefer VN!

Manuya

Dec 26, 2021
You cannot free roam in sandbox
the story is exactly the same you can follow your prefered route in sandbox and VN as well
if for example you choose the "Jeremy is dead" route.. you well never be able to see Jeremy scenes in Sandbox ( no free-roam over the rpute you are following)) and the sames on VN.

The only differences is:
1) In sandbox you must use the map to find the correct scene order

2) in VN you can stai focused in the route you have choose without waste your time in useless Click Click like change dress and you do not need map.

I personally prefer VN!
i didn't mean free roam like in traditional sandbox, but within Ren'py limitation of course like a map and click around places & rooms & characters or objects of course.
& i 100% agree that for an adult game i much prefer the VN style that Ren'py engine provide with a straightforward approach unless you have an interesting gameplay loop to use Rpg maker like treasure of Nadia which i enjoyed except for the ending especially the puzzles in the temple for example, that's why i hesitated before downloading the first part when i saw it's made using rpgm until i found the ren'py remake which is the best thing that could've happened to this game thanks to the person who made it
but thanks for your answer.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Yes that's kind of my point, that the game isn't about the BF or his importance to her/the story and isn't meant to be. As I said, he's a Macguffin and plot device. Everyone knows and accepts that but my point is if you kept the same character but made him competent at sex but otherwise the same bumbling incompetent idiot who isn't actually a part of any real ending, it wouldn't impact anything else but it could add some needed tension to the cheating since at least he has SOMETHING going for him as opposed to nothing going for him and is a dud in literally every aspect of his life. I just find the bf in a coma and cheating on him to be weak and flimsy. Is it really any different then any other scene that doesn't involve him at that point? There's literally 0 risk of being caught or exposed or the thrill and danger that cheating is supposed to be about.

I'd actually say it's the opposite and that the bf has grown up and she hasn't. He seems to actually show some emotional maturity once in a while. Responsibility, guilt, consequences etc. Even though he's not the smartest or strongest or shrewdest person. Let's be honest he's a total loser lol but at least those things enter his mind at some point. While in contrast she basically struggles to giving in to her every whim and just indulges and satisfies her baser instincts without regard for consequences etc. The way she's acted in so many of the situations doesn't show maturity but the opposite. Making decisions based on the wrong reasons and not thinking twice about the consequences etc. He's wanted a more normal stable life while she wants the thrills and danger and excitement.

Anyways, again, I'm not saying the game should be some vanilla game or she should be with the bf and live happily ever after or any crap like that. I'm just saying the bf is a plot device and nothing more and can easily be replaced with someone who isn't a total failure and then at least maybe her not breaking up with him wouldn't be such a stretch of the imagination.
Her giving in to her desires has nothing to do with immaturity. She has a physiological condition, which makes her incredibly horny all the time. It's like being high on drugs constantly, which means she's always open to temptation, and it requires a huge effort on her part to resist. When people are in that state, it's very very difficult to consider consequences. But unlike people who use drugs, Anna hasn't chosen to be like that, it's the consequence of an accident totally beyond her control. So I think comparing her and Andrew on that basis, is meaningless.

As far as Andrew is concerned, I don't think he's responsible at all. He relies on her to go out and make money, and makes excuses about why he can't get a job. I mean when you're in their position you take any work you can get. And not just wait around hoping to get the perfect job. Even the job he does get, it was Anna who got it for him. If it was up to Andrew, no doubt he'd still be unemployed.

Anna is doing multiple jobs to make a life for them, and then she has to come home and do all the housework, while Andrew sits around watching TV. Never once does he offer to help her. Even Ashley helps her in the kitchen, and he doesn't even live there. If Andrew was responsible as you claim, he'd be trying to support her as much as possible.

And then when they move into their new apartment and Anna is desperate for a romantic night together. Andrew decides it's perfectly fine to go off and hang out with Ashley for a couple of hours in the middle of the dinner. Once again selfishly putting his own desires above their relationship. After that Anna gets drunk, and that's what leads to her finally giving in to her lust and having sex with Alfred ( the first time she truly cheats on Andrew). Andrew's irresponsibility could thus be said to be the main spur for Anna becoming a slut. Perhaps if Andrew had stayed home, maybe she never would have had sex with Alfred, and never would have had sex with Ashley, Carl and Sergey later that week? And maybe then, she never would have realised that Andrew wasn't the best in the bedroom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Echbert and rlduck

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
I'm 99% sure almost nobody else feels this way, but I... kinda hate the forced lesbian scenes? Like... I refused to mess with Emily before but now Anna's willing to scissor her on the bar? Make it make sense. And I get that the whole office threesome has the purpose of setting up some Diane/John/Anna tension/drama if you're involved with him, but... could he not have just ran into that bitch somewhere else? And why tf was the redhead even there?

I just wanna Anna to hang out with her lil nerd. Why isn't that a possibility?! lol

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I'm 99% sure almost nobody else feels this way, but I... kinda hate the forced lesbian scenes? Like... I refused to mess with Emily before but now Anna's willing to scissor her on the bar? Make it make sense. And I get that the whole office threesome has the purpose of setting up some Diane/John/Anna tension/drama if you're involved with him, but... could he not have just ran into that bitch somewhere else? And why tf was the redhead even there?

I just wanna Anna to hang out with her lil nerd. Why isn't that a possibility?! lol
I'm 99% sure you're right. Almost nobody does feel that way. The vast majority of people who play this game are not trying to avoid the sex scenes.

Reactions: Zane11

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
Her giving in to her desires has nothing to do with immaturity. She has a physiological condition, which makes her incredibly horny all the time. It's like being high on drugs constantly, which means she's always open to temptation, and it requires a huge effort on her part to resist. When people are in that state, it's very very difficult to consider consequences. But unlike people who use drugs, Anna hasn't chosen to be like that, it's the consequence of an accident totally beyond her control. So I think comparing her and Andrew on that basis, is meaningless.

As far as Andrew is concerned, I don't think he's responsible at all. He relies on her to go out and make money, and makes excuses about why he can't get a job. I mean when you're in their position you take any work you can get. And not just wait around hoping to get the perfect job. Even the job he does get, it was Anna who got it for him. If it was up to Andrew, no doubt he'd still be unemployed.

Anna is doing multiple jobs to make a life for them, and then she has to come home and do all the housework, while Andrew sits around watching TV. Never once does he offer to help her. Even Ashley helps her in the kitchen, and he doesn't even live there. If Andrew was responsible as you claim, he'd be trying to support her as much as possible.

And then when they move into their new apartment and Anna is desperate for a romantic night together. Andrew decides it's perfectly fine to go off and hang out with Ashley for a couple of hours in the middle of the dinner. Once again selfishly putting his own desires above their relationship. After that Anna gets drunk, and that's what leads to her finally giving in to her lust and having sex with Alfred ( the first time she truly cheats on Andrew). Andrew's irresponsibility could thus be said to be the main spur for Anna becoming a slut. Perhaps if Andrew had stayed home, maybe she never would have had sex with Alfred, and never would have had sex with Ashley, Carl and Sergey later that week? And maybe then, she never would have realised that Andrew wasn't the best in the bedroom?
Again, I'm not arguing that he's some great guy and deserves better. I actually want them to break up. I agree with you he's a subpar and unimpressive person in all aspects of his life and especially in regards to being able to satisfy her. Again, you're making my point for me. She makes the money, does the housework, and isn't satisfied sexually with him. WHY are they still together? Sure they have a past but you've said yourself that she's outgrown him.

My original post was about him being useless and is just a Macguffin to satisfy the cheating aspect and suggested he could be replaced with someone more competent or he shouldn't be depicted as being such a loser that he had to be put in a coma and the rest of the story could still be kept the same. You responded by saying they have history and he was important to her so it's understandable she's with him and so she's conflicted about ending things. At the same time you say he's not dependable and point to all his flaws and argue why she wouldn't be in to him and it's his fault she cheated. Due to their shared past and what he did, she cares for him enough to stay with him but at the same time is unsatisfied and is willing to cheat on him? So she appreciates what he did for her in the past but not enough to stay faithful. Is cheating really the lesser of two evils? Would the bf really prefer she remain with him and have sex with everyone but him then to end things? Personally I'd rather the relationship end then be lied to and betrayed constantly. Sure her condition plays a role but you've mentioned she is able to resist (except the times when the game forces it) but it's a struggle to do so but with the bf it doesn't seem to react at all. So his past help is secondary to her sexual satisfaction. She has numerous reasons to not be with him as opposed to like 1 or 2 reasons to stay with him.

My stance has been the same since the beginning. Someone posted their dislike of the bf character and I just replied that he's only kept around so she can still technically cheat. You replied trying to defend their relationship to try to prove he isn't just a Macguffin and then after some back and forth you basically reiterate everything I said about him not being able to make her happy and how incapable the bf is.

As for what I meant regarding maturity, there are many kinds of maturity and responsibility. I was more referring to the maturity in terms of their relationship which is what you pointed out as your main issue with their relationship. Sure, things like employment and house work etc are things that affect the relationship and their future but I'd say things like sleeping with other people, unwilling/unable to have sex with your partner, sleeping with your partners dad, and constantly lying would be larger obstacles to overcome for a successful relationship and have a far greater detrimental effect. Sure she might feel she was pushed to do those things because of his shortcomings and in the process discovered other people were able to satisfy her and take care of her better then the bf could, so again, what motivation does she have to remain with him at that point? What purpose does he play in the story other then to be the loser who gets cheated on?

I'll stop responding to this topic since we're getting nowhere but I'll end it by saying I'm not advocating to remove the cheating or make her a saint or him some alpha bad ass or them to get together with some happy ending or anything. I enjoy the cheating aspect quite a bit in fact, but when the person who's getting cheated on is totally incompetent and there are no risks, consequences, or repercussions to begin with even when they're conscious, them being in a coma is equivalent to cheating on a dildo. Does it really matter? There's no risk, no consequences, hell they can't even be caught by anyone or exposed. Kind of takes some of the excitement out of it for me personally.

Manuya

Dec 26, 2021
chapter 2 is severely lacking a skip button in VN version, is there a way to script one?
because of that i have a question about the new assistance Madison (Jeremy is alive in my playthrough) after you presented with either options: do what they say or be brave i want to know what's the difference between these two if possible??!

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
is there a fix for the office bug? Goes to the office then gets arrested then this cop touches her body then it just repeats everytime I go to the office

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
is there a fix for the office bug? Goes to the office then gets arrested then this cop touches her body then it just repeats everytime I go to the office
I had a similar office bug , Goes to the office then found my self in a car , the boss take me to the old storage ,Emily calls and so on , then it just repeats everytime I go to the office, So either you have the last save from previous update to start again, or a save before having the notice to go to the office in the notebook , or delete the saves and start from the beginning and that works fine with me.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Again, I'm not arguing that he's some great guy and deserves better. I actually want them to break up. I agree with you he's a subpar and unimpressive person in all aspects of his life and especially in regards to being able to satisfy her. Again, you're making my point for me. She makes the money, does the housework, and isn't satisfied sexually with him. WHY are they still together? Sure they have a past but you've said yourself that she's outgrown him.

My original post was about him being useless and is just a Macguffin to satisfy the cheating aspect and suggested he could be replaced with someone more competent or he shouldn't be depicted as being such a loser that he had to be put in a coma and the rest of the story could still be kept the same. You responded by saying they have history and he was important to her so it's understandable she's with him and so she's conflicted about ending things. At the same time you say he's not dependable and point to all his flaws and argue why she wouldn't be in to him and it's his fault she cheated. Due to their shared past and what he did, she cares for him enough to stay with him but at the same time is unsatisfied and is willing to cheat on him? So she appreciates what he did for her in the past but not enough to stay faithful. Is cheating really the lesser of two evils? Would the bf really prefer she remain with him and have sex with everyone but him then to end things? Personally I'd rather the relationship end then be lied to and betrayed constantly. Sure her condition plays a role but you've mentioned she is able to resist (except the times when the game forces it) but it's a struggle to do so but with the bf it doesn't seem to react at all. So his past help is secondary to her sexual satisfaction. She has numerous reasons to not be with him as opposed to like 1 or 2 reasons to stay with him.

My stance has been the same since the beginning. Someone posted their dislike of the bf character and I just replied that he's only kept around so she can still technically cheat. You replied trying to defend their relationship to try to prove he isn't just a Macguffin and then after some back and forth you basically reiterate everything I said about him not being able to make her happy and how incapable the bf is.

As for what I meant regarding maturity, there are many kinds of maturity and responsibility. I was more referring to the maturity in terms of their relationship which is what you pointed out as your main issue with their relationship. Sure, things like employment and house work etc are things that affect the relationship and their future but I'd say things like sleeping with other people, unwilling/unable to have sex with your partner, sleeping with your partners dad, and constantly lying would be larger obstacles to overcome for a successful relationship and have a far greater detrimental effect. Sure she might feel she was pushed to do those things because of his shortcomings and in the process discovered other people were able to satisfy her and take care of her better then the bf could, so again, what motivation does she have to remain with him at that point? What purpose does he play in the story other then to be the loser who gets cheated on?

I'll stop responding to this topic since we're getting nowhere but I'll end it by saying I'm not advocating to remove the cheating or make her a saint or him some alpha bad ass or them to get together with some happy ending or anything. I enjoy the cheating aspect quite a bit in fact, but when the person who's getting cheated on is totally incompetent and there are no risks, consequences, or repercussions to begin with even when they're conscious, them being in a coma is equivalent to cheating on a dildo. Does it really matter? There's no risk, no consequences, hell they can't even be caught by anyone or exposed. Kind of takes some of the excitement out of it for me personally.
I've explained the reason they have to stay together. I mean you keep saying she could carry on cheating with someone else, but who would that be exactly? Most of the other characters that she could potentially get together with, are supposed to be endgame love interests. Having her get together now with one of those characters, just so she could carry on cheating with someone other than Andrew, would seriously fuck up the plot that is leading towards the end of the game. Not to mention angering those players, who want Anna to end up with that particular character. So your idea that she could do that, just doesn't make any sense. At this stage of the game, there's only one person she can be with to cheat on, and that's Andrew, because the game has been specifically set up for that to happen.

Also, with Andrew's shooting, him and Anna cannot split up until that scenario is resolved. So keeping asking for it to happen is just silly. Anna wants to hear Andrew's side of the kidnapping before she makes a final decision on their relationship. So until he's had the operation and recovered from it, enough for them to have that conversation, she's going to stay with him. And it may be, that she then deliberates about what he tells her, for some time before making a final decision. So we could be talking weeks of game time before she actually splits with him. That's like 20-30 updates away.

So unless Deep suddenly decides to ditch the shooting plotline, which seems highly unlikely and would be stupid anyway. Talking about Anna and Andrew splitting anytime soon is pointless, cos it aint gonna happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gisgo

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I had a similar office bug , Goes to the office then found my self in a car , the boss take me to the old storage ,Emily calls and so on , then it just repeats everytime I go to the office, So either you have the last save from previous update to start again, or a save before having the notice to go to the office in the notebook , or delete the saves and start from the beginning and that works fine with me.
I'm not having these problems, so I don't understand why you and others should be?

Did you start the game before version 0.6? And if so, did you start again then or carry on using your old saves from earlier versions? The reason I ask this, is because before version 0.6 there were problems with old saves that lead to issues in the game, and if you carried on using older saves that often led to further issues. In version 0.6 this problem was finally resolved, but it was necessary to restart the game at that point, to make sure there were no further problems.

4.00 star(s) 133 Votes