AzzzzaMate

Apr 12, 2020
1658509944213.png

Hello, dear Patrons!

Here is the weekly progress update for the next release!

I apologize for the little absence but we took a couple of weeks off to enjoy a bit this summer. Now we are back to work and already creating stuff for the next update at full speed.

The previous update set some nice motion for a lot of events to resolve, but some will become even more complicated. Anna will still have some nice things to go through to get things in place. A few separate paths will appear depending on whether you did pick up that gun in time or not :)

Thank god that Michael didn't die and his friends could get him back to life. He needs some rest and what better place to be than Rebecca's. With the help of Anna, she can give him the best treatment, that's for sure :)

We are still in process of finalizing the scene list for the next release so it's still to come, but at the moment we can tell that Basement, Earl's, Michaels, and Rebecca's scenes will be there.

Anyway, we are doing our best to bring the next update in the best quality as soon as possible.

Thank you for your fantastic support,

Deep

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
View attachment 1939742

Hello, dear Patrons!

I apologize for the little absence but we took a couple of weeks off to enjoy a bit this summer. Now we are back to work and already creating stuff for the next update at full speed.

The previous update set some nice motion for a lot of events to resolve, but some will become even more complicated. Anna will still have some nice things to go through to get things in place. A few separate paths will appear depending on whether you did pick up that gun in time or not :)

Thank god that Michael didn't die and his friends could get him back to life. He needs some rest and what better place to be than Rebecca's. With the help of Anna, she can give him the best treatment, that's for sure :)

We are still in process of finalizing the scene list for the next release so it's still to come, but at the moment we can tell that Basement, Earl's, Michaels, and Rebecca's scenes will be there.

Anyway, we are doing our best to bring the next update in the best quality as soon as possible.

Deep
Thanks 4 sharing the Weekly Update with us. :)
Just a small and quick question, could share the "fixed" wallpaper? (Only if DeepSleep ever fixed it that is) :)

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
Does anyone know how to add or activate the skip and back in the controls? It pisses me off when a Dev deliberately leaves that shit out. I mean come on!!! Put the damn controls in there and let us decided if we want to use them or not!! Hey DEV, this is the reason I refused to play your game in RPGM. Lack of controls.

Last edited:

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
View attachment 1939742

Hello, dear Patrons!

Deep
Maybe he will add the damn skip/back controls!! So stupid to leave them out in a Renpy game.

rlduck

Jan 18, 2021
Does anyone know how to add or activate the skip and back in the controls? It pisses me off when a Dev deliberately leaves that shit out. I mean come on!!! Put the damn controls in there and let us decided if we want to use them or not!! Hey DEV, this is the reason I refused to play your game in RPGM. Lack of controls.
Not sure for this game but try these
Page up to roll back - Mouse wheel scrolls back too
Page down to roll forward
ctrl skips dialog till you reaches a decision.
I hope this helps.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Wait a minute! Let me get this straight?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How exactly does Anna downplay it? All she says to Rebecca is that she wants to hear Andrew's side of the story first, before she makes any decisions. She doesn't dispute that Andrew was involved, and he has some serious explaining to do regarding his involvement. But she believes and there is some truth to this, that he thought what he was doing would protect Anna.

It's no surprise to anyone that Andrew doesn't approve of Rebecca and has always considered her to be bad influence on Anna. Andrew obviously believes that he's saving Anna from herself. Plus Fitzgerald had threatened her anyway, and by helping them, Andrew believed it was the only way to keep her safe from that threat. Was he stupid, of course he was. But that doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a bad boyfriend

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Maybe he will add the damn skip/back controls!! So stupid to leave them out in a Renpy game.
If you really want to push this, I suggest you go on to the Dev's discord channel, and make your point there. Because I don't think Deep comes here much anymore. And it's quite likely he'll never see your comment.

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
If you really want to push this, I suggest you go on to the Dev's discord channel, and make your point there. Because I don't think Deep comes here much anymore. And it's quite likely he'll never see your comment.
Sounds like a good Idea. Thank You.

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
How exactly does Anna downplay it? All she says to Rebecca is that she wants to hear Andrew's side of the story first, before she makes any decisions. She doesn't dispute that Andrew was involved, and he has some serious explaining to do regarding his involvement. But she believes and there is some truth to this, that he thought what he was doing would protect Anna.

It's no surprise to anyone that Andrew doesn't approve of Rebecca and has always considered her to be bad influence on Anna. Andrew obviously believes that he's saving Anna from herself. Plus Fitzgerald had threatened her anyway, and by helping them, Andrew believed it was the only way to keep her safe from that threat. Was he stupid, of course he was. But that doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a bad boyfriend

I agree on all points but there are glaring problems here that really should show Anna that she needs to kick Andrew to the curb. I mean what "loving" boyfriend would kidnap his girlfriends sister? What woman in her right mind would want to have anything to do with any man that jeopardizes the life of her sister? Andrew put his own ambitions and insecurities ahead of his relationship and took his anger and frustration out on Anna by going after Rebecca. Sure, Anna might want an explanation, but for the writer to set her up as some co-dependent woman that blindly follows him around while the person she loves the most in the world is left in mortal danger is just absurd.

It is clear that the writer has set Anna up as a co-depent personality and its pathetic because Anna's actions are quite the opposite. She is more confident than ever, takes action and makes decisive decisions without Andrew even being present. Do you not see the problem there?

Codependency involves an excessive, all-consuming dependence on a relationship. Codependent relationships are ones in which the codependent person goes to extremes to support or change the other person. They set aside their own emotions or desires to keep the other person happy and to protect the relationship at all costs. Common markers of codependency include extreme fear of the relationship ending, compulsive concern with the other person, self-doubt, and not having a sense of self outside the relationship.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022
I agree on all points but there are glaring problems here that really should show Anna that the needs to kick Andrew to the curb. I mean what "loving" boyfriend would kidnap his girlfriends sister? What woman in her right mind would want to have anything to do with any man that jeopardizes the life of her sister? Andrew put his own ambitions and insecurities of his relationship and took his anger and frustration out on Anna by going after Rebecca. Sure, Anna might want an explanation, but for the writer to set her up as some co-dependent woman that blindly follow him around while the person she loves the most in the world is left in mortal danger is just absurd.

It is clear that the writer has set Anna up as a co-depent personality and its pathetic because Anna's actions are quite the opposite. She is more confident than ever, takes action and makes decisive decisions without Andrew even being present. Do you not see the problem there?

Codependency involves an excessive, all-consuming dependence on a relationship. Codependent relationships are ones in which the codependent person goes to extremes to support or change the other person. They set aside their own emotions or desires to keep the other person happy and to protect the relationship at all costs. Common markers of codependency include extreme fear of the relationship ending, compulsive concern with the other person, self-doubt, and not having a sense of self outside the relationship.
Rebbeca should be grateful to Andrew for this kidnapping because the whore got what she likes best - unlimited fucking :)

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I agree on all points but there are glaring problems here that really should show Anna that she needs to kick Andrew to the curb. I mean what "loving" boyfriend would kidnap his girlfriends sister? What woman in her right mind would want to have anything to do with any man that jeopardizes the life of her sister? Andrew put his own ambitions and insecurities ahead of his relationship and took his anger and frustration out on Anna by going after Rebecca. Sure, Anna might want an explanation, but for the writer to set her up as some co-dependent woman that blindly follows him around while the person she loves the most in the world is left in mortal danger is just absurd.

Personally, I decided that I wanted Anna to split up with Andrew, a long time before the kidnapping. There are so many things I don't like about him. The problem the Devs have, is that they need Andrew to stay in the story, so Anna has somebody to cheat on. But unfortunately they've made him so unlikeable, that a lot of people just want him to be gone. And I understand why Deep kind of did that, because it makes it infinitely easier for the players to overlook that Anna is basically a cheating whore. Because most people just don't feel bad for Andrew at all.

I disagree though about Anna being dependant on Andrew, I think it's more the other way round actually. To a certain extent Anna feels that she owes something to Andrew, because he helped her cope with her drunken Father, before both of them moved to Sun City. And I think that's why she's reluctant to just give up on him, without hearing what he's got to say about the kidnapping. But I think it's already very apparent that she has considerable doubts about Andrew's character, and whether she even feels the same way about him anymore

I think she's pretty certain that he thought he was doing the right thing, at least for her. There's no love lost between him and Rebecca, they've never liked each other. Rebecca has always thought that Andrew wasn't good enough for Anna, and Andrew has always believed that Rebecca was a bad influence on Anna. So as far as the kidnapping was concerned Andrew would have been thinking solely about Anna's welfare. I think he really does love her, in his own way. But he's never grasped how important Rebecca is to her, and how hurtful it would be to her, for him to help Fitzgerald kidnap her. He really does believe that getting her away from Rebecca will be positive for her in the long run. And that's a further demonstration, that he doesn't really see Anna as she really is. He has this perfect view of her, that most of the time doesn't bear any relation to reality. And that's why it was so easy for Anna to cheat on him, because often he never sees stuff that contradicts his idealised view of her.

Also, you have to understand, it's only been a short period of time that Anna has had these doubts. All of the events in this game, have taken place in a five week period. And she's only really had doubts for the last 2-3 weeks. But she's been in a relationship with Andrew for years, and until recently I think she fully expected to eventually become his wife and have kids with him. So she's not going to just drop all of that instantly, it's going to take her time to get used to the idea, that in most scenarios that isn't going to happen.

For me his part in the kidnapping, was just further confirmation that him and Anna were just totally unsuited. It didn't surprise me at all, that Andrew behaved the way that he did. But having said that, I've always been of the opinion that he should remain in the game. I may not like him at all, but I still think he has a part to play, as long as it doesn't stop Anna's adventures. And of course he wont. He never would have, even if Deep hadn't decided to put him in a coma. Because he was always going to be the fall guy. His primary purpose in the game, was to be the person that Anna cheated on.

And now there's a further reason why he has to remain in the game. And that's because the Devs have decided, that eventually he will get a renaissance route. A chance to make changes to his personality and win Anna back. How exactly they're intending to make someone virtually everyone hates, into a likeable character, I have no idea. But they insist this is something they're are seriously considering. And for that reason, Andrew has to remain in the game, even if he spends a lot of it unconscious.

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021

I'm using this https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/ you can see in screenshot what it looks like.

Reactions: DD3DD

BlasterChief

Jul 12, 2020
So, I finally got to playing the latest version of the VN but ran into two bugs:
- If Ben helps Anna at the police station and she later meets him, trying to refuse his sexual advances results in an exception since the labvel 'industrialStreet' has not been defined.
- On the Jeremy=Dead path Jeremy suddenly is alive again (scene at his home with Anna being surprised by Madison's presence). This only seems to happen when you try a lesbian playthrough with the unavoidable idiot boyfriend as the only male relationship.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 135 Votes