stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@polywog , indeed. The last thing I played was 0.2 and it was very laggy. I was wondering if it's just some optimization issue with Ryzen. What CPU do you have?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Glad to hear you're working on it. The more I think about it... Encrypting open source components, etc, sounds like more of a noob mistake, than something deserving the harshness of my slut-shaming. Enigma isn't usually a problem, nor is encrypting a few files, but throwing hundreds of monkey wrenches into the gears at once, causes issues.

Some devs make 64bit games thinking "this will be the best game ever!!!!" not realizing most people today won't even be able to play it. With players using all kinds of devices it's hard to "test" compatibility for everything, and it's easy to say "poor people aren't patrons, so not my concern" but that isn't exactly true or wise. The adult games genre... players aren't your typical nvidia gamer crowd with the fastest machines out there. That doesn't mean they don't have money, just upgrading their pc isn't a priority. On one of my pay to play sites, money obviously isn't an issue for them, paying by the minute, so it's baffling to see clients login using winxp, vista, etc. perv priorities are a mystery

Great game, by the way. Keep at it.

Reactions: Krull

white dude

Donor
Apr 29, 2017
Oh. Sorry to hear. First I used enigma, so the game is in one discreet .exe file, but I dropped it when someone complained that BitDefender is blocking it. So now it's just regular encryption that everyone uses and this is the first time I hear it's Glithy, laggy and crashy. If encryption does that, then I might drop that one too.
Never had any issues and I strongly encourage you to just keep working on the game, the guy probably has some potato as his PC.

Reactions: haba-baba

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
It's not a question of money or hardware power. There's visible lag pretty much at every image loading, probably due to the compression.
Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Titan Xp

Some potato, I'd say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull

DeepSleep

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Glad to hear you're working on it. The more I think about it... Encrypting open source components, etc, sounds like more of a noob mistake, than something deserving the harshness of my slut-shaming. Enigma isn't usually a problem, nor is encrypting a few files, but throwing hundreds of monkey wrenches into the gears at once, causes issues.

Some devs make 64bit games thinking "this will be the best game ever!!!!" not realizing most people today won't even be able to play it. With players using all kinds of devices it's hard to "test" compatibility for everything, and it's easy to say "poor people aren't patrons, so not my concern" but that isn't exactly true or wise. The adult games genre... players aren't your typical nvidia gamer crowd with the fastest machines out there. That doesn't mean they don't have money, just upgrading their pc isn't a priority. On one of my pay to play sites, money obviously isn't an issue for them, paying by the minute, so it's baffling to see clients login using winxp, vista, etc. perv priorities are a mystery

Great game, by the way. Keep at it.
It's not a question of money or hardware power. There's visible lag pretty much at every image loading, probably due to the compression.
Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Titan Xp

Some potato, I'd say.
Tested it both on SSD and HDD and it ran ok, but I see now that there is a problem. Good that you pointed it out. I was thinking of changing picture compression to make the game file smaller, it might improve that thing with picture loading as they are too huge at the moment. But every time I tried some new solution, those pngs lost some of quality. But I saw on some other game that they have a sound solution. Will look into that and if that works, it shouldn't take too long to change those pictures.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@DeepSleep , I doubt it's the image size or something related to the actual images. Yours is the first game I notice it. If I have to guess, I'd say it's this method of having the game in a single exe file. I don't remember playing another game packed in such a way. No idea if it extracts everything when you start the game, or it pulls resources as it needs them, or whatever.
The whole exe compression is pointless. What exactly are you protecting? Do you have some custom sprites, or sounds? If it's just the renders, why would anyone want your images and what could they possible use them for?

Reactions: DeepSleep

DeepSleep

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
@DeepSleep , I doubt it's the image size or something related to the actual images. Yours is the first game I notice it. If I have to guess, I'd say it's this method of having the game in a single exe file. I don't remember playing another game packed in such a way. No idea if it extracts everything when you start the game, or it pulls resources as it needs them, or whatever.
Ok. Further releases are not gonna be in that single .exe file. And I will update demo also without it. Thank you for info.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@DeepSleep , if you want let me know when you update the free version to the standard format and I'll let you know if that fixes the issue for me.

Okatra

Jul 16, 2017
@Okatra , some people are in to humiliation and rape. They don't want to have sex with those bad characters, they want them to abuse the innocent female protagonist. Also making likable characters and realistic sex scenes is difficult. And writing doesn't seem to be this dev's strong side.
Hi,

Thank you for your thoughts.

1) As for the new boss, there is and will be further options to not fall into his hands, there will be even an option to have a revenge on him and player won't lose any further scenes, as Anna will move and change regardless. He is for those, who like and want's such a character in the game.
I guess, too me it feels overplayed though. But this is a fetish that annoys me so perhaps I notice it more often.

2)I might have made something wrong about flatmate in the story, but they are not best friends, Annas boyfriend has also moved to the city and that is just some old friend, not his best mate.

3) You don't have to say yes to everyone, to see later scenes. You can say no the boss and still have scenes with others later. There might be some different routes, to make it more interesting, but she will still move on with her sexual growth. I want it that way because I understand that people won't like all the characters in the game.

And there are and will be more good guys, who will get into her panties differently without blackmail or humiliation.
The answer to point 3 sounds good. If we can say 'no' to scenes without losing on (too much) content then that solves a lot of problems. If I can prevent her from sex with the asshole flatmate that's good. If that option results in another scene even better.

As for dicks, he has a normal size dick and some people even favour it, that not everyone has enormous cocks. His flatmate is just an asshole, that's why he talks like that.
See this is the 1 part that I'm still having issues with. Because the game doesn't make it seem like he is average. Or that Anna favours it. Consider the scene where she buys the dildo.
She asks for something 'small and simple'. The women behind the counter says they have a dildo that is 'simple and not big'. She hands Anna a dildo. Anna says that it is 'quite big'. The saleswomen replies saying that 'it's not big, it's one of the smallest we have'. Later on, when she's in bed, Anna takes out the dildo and comments that it's 'quite big' and 'bigger then her boyfriend'. Then when she uses it she 'loves it' and it 'she's never felt anything like this before' etc.

Judging from this dialogue it really does make it sound like her boyfriend has a tiny penis, after all one of the smallest dildo's is still bigger then him. Also it's obvious that Anna loves big dick, because she goes nuts over the new sensation, and that she will most likely buy even bigger dildo's in the future.

It's not that I'm offended or completely adversed to this sort of thing. It's just overplayed, boring and reeks of poor dialogue. I want her to have sexual adventure's without it always being a quest for big cock. And I'd like to play a MC that isn't always a size queen. Give me a boyfriend with a big/above average penis and a MC that still wants to fuck around! (don't take that first part out of context... :coldsweat: )

As for something different; if you don't buy the dildo (you go home instead of going to the shop) the game will still act as if you bought it. Is this intentional? Same goes for the assistant at the office; she won't talk to you even if you didn't stand up for the IT guy.

Also, there are some scenes/pictures that I couldn't get in the game. One where Anna tries on a red dress, where the assistant of the clothing stores stands in the booth with Anna covering her breasts and a few others. Are these leftover scenes that have been cut from the final game? Or did I miss something.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@DeepSleep , works perfectly now.
BTW, why are you saving all images as .png files? You need it for the files with transparency, of course. But the full screen renders could be easily saved as .jpg, with no loss in quality whatsoever.
Here's an example, I took the .png and just saved to .jpg it at 90% quality with Photoshop:
scene 9 andrew and anna at table.jpg scene 9 andrew and anna at table.png
The size goes down from 1.2mb to 380kb. And a basic image compression software will shave off another 10-15%.

DeepSleep

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I guess, too me it feels overplayed though. But this is a fetish that annoys me so perhaps I notice it more often.

The answer to point 3 sounds good. If we can say 'no' to scenes without losing on (too much) content then that solves a lot of problems. If I can prevent her from sex with the asshole flatmate that's good. If that option results in another scene even better.
Yeah, you will lose only scenes with that one character.

See this is the 1 part that I'm still having issues with. Because the game doesn't make it seem like he is average. Or that Anna favours it. Consider the scene where she buys the dildo.
She asks for something 'small and simple'. The women behind the counter says they have a dildo that is 'simple and not big'. She hands Anna a dildo. Anna says that it is 'quite big'. The saleswomen replies saying that 'it's not big, it's one of the smallest we have'. Later on, when she's in bed, Anna takes out the dildo and comments that it's 'quite big' and 'bigger then her boyfriend'. Then when she uses it she 'loves it' and it 'she's never felt anything like this before' etc.

Judging from this dialogue it really does make it sound like her boyfriend has a tiny penis, after all one of the smallest dildo's is still bigger then him. Also it's obvious that Anna loves big dick, because she goes nuts over the new sensation, and that she will most likely buy even bigger dildo's in the future.

It's not that I'm offended or completely adversed to this sort of thing. It's just overplayed, boring and reeks of poor dialogue. I want her to have sexual adventure's without it always being a quest for big cock. And I'd like to play a MC that isn't always a size queen. Give me a boyfriend with a big/above average penis and a MC that still wants to fuck around! (don't take that first part out of context... :coldsweat: )

As for something different; if you don't buy the dildo (you go home instead of going to the shop) the game will still act as if you bought it. Is this intentional? Same goes for the assistant at the office; she won't talk to you even if you didn't stand up for the IT guy.

Also, there are some scenes/pictures that I couldn't get in the game. One where Anna tries on a red dress, where the assistant of the clothing stores stands in the booth with Anna covering her breasts and a few others. Are these leftover scenes that have been cut from the final game? Or did I miss something.
I guess that I have put it wrongly then. Didn't mean it that way. She went nuts just because it was something that she has never tried before. Yes, it's bigger, but so what, Andrew still satisfies her and is better. I might look into those texts and see what I can improve, as she won't be having sex with others, just because of their dicks, at least it's not my intention to make it that way. She might be surprised about it, but that's it.

As for those scenes, you pointed out, it's my fault, I haven't made them right. You are the first who told me this. Will fix them for next release.

And I forgot to remove those picture, they are not going to be in the game.

@DeepSleep , works perfectly now.
BTW, why are you saving all images as .png files? You need it for the files with transparency, of course. But the full screen renders could be easily saved as .jpg, with no loss in quality whatsoever.
Here's an example, I took the .png and just saved to .jpg it at 90% quality with Photoshop:
The size goes down from 1.2mb to 380kb. And a basic image compression software will shave off another 10-15%.
Jeez, I thought that I can use only pngs in RMaker. I'll change the ones that don't need to be in png to jpg also. Thank you a lot :)

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Jeez, I thought that I can use only pngs in RMaker. I'll change the ones that don't need to be in png to jpg also. Thank you a lot :)
Wait, wait, I didn't know about that technical requirements of RPG Maker. Indeed, all the RPG Maker games I have use .png files. Seems like that's the case.

DeepSleep

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Wait, wait, I didn't know about that technical requirements of RPG Maker. Indeed, all the RPG Maker games I have use .png files. Seems like that's the case.
Yeah, just tried. It shows inside editor, but when you actually play, it's just a black screen.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Yeah, just tried. It shows inside editor, but when you actually play, it's just a black screen.
Yeah, sorry for misleading you.
File Optimizer took barely 10% off from the .png image. Tinypng.com is killing it though, that same 1.2mb .png became 316kb.
You can also try pngcrush, but it's tricky to make it work.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Yeah, but here we are pirating his game, aren't we? :closedeyesmile:
Doesn't mean you can't support the devs on their patreon if you are able , or help in any other way and most game builds are free after a exclusive time dedicated to patreon supporters.

Reactions: mineiros123 and N7
4.00 star(s) 133 Votes