Estius

Mar 16, 2023
Can somebody tell me the difference between a sandbox and vn game?
Sandbox usually has a map with different locations and characters you need to select to progress in the story.

A VN is a more linear story and branching paths are made during conversations by selecting different responses to different situations, questions, etc...

Last edited:

naurd

Dec 30, 2020
Got stuck. Went to work, did the mayor thing, and talked to Timothy. It says I am supposed to meet Jeff in the park but when I try to go there it just says I have nothing to do there.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Sandbox usually has a map with different locations and characters you need to select to progress in the story.

A VN is a more linear story and branching paths are made during conversations by selecting different responses to different situations, questions, etc...
Thank you. So, sandbox is more interactive like an RPGM game?

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
Thank you. So, sandbox is more interactive like an RPGM game?
It really depends on the game. Some sandbox games get the tag because there might be a few instances where you can select and talk to different characters in a room while others will have a map, selectable locations and individual rooms/characters to select in the buildings.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr
Jan 20, 2022
Yes, but i play that scene via gallery. How should i improve Corruption points during gallery?
I just cheked playing the same scene from the gallery and it seems I have the exact problem. Not sure, why? Never paid attention until now.

Just found out that this is not same if you are playing the VN version. The problem is only when you play the Sandbox version
1709235739567.png

Reactions: DD3DD

Dodzh

Apr 7, 2021
I just cheked playing the same scene from the gallery and it seems I have the exact problem. Not sure, why? Never paid attention until now.

Just found out that this is not same if you are playing the VN version. The problem is only when you play the Sandbox version
to fix this (cheat/hack) need to edit file "Episode_11.rpy" located at "game\scripts\events\Episodes" and change it to look something like this:

Code:
"Hehe... Well, I might be... (IF Corruption > 30)" if AnnaCorruption >=0:
to do this you will first need to un-compress the game, I'm not providing instructions on how to do this, search this forum and there are tools here to do that.

Arranguren

Aug 4, 2018
Got stuck. Went to work, did the mayor thing, and talked to Timothy. It says I am supposed to meet Jeff in the park but when I try to go there it just says I have nothing to do there.
same problem
had the same problem, but if you talk to tim first just as you arrive to the office and then do the work, the part of the beach will be added to the diary, and you can continue with jeff[

Reactions: phantomz and naurd
4.00 star(s) 133 Votes