cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I tried but it doesn't improve, it's the same as before

I noticed that it uses more than 70% of my cpu, is there any solution to make the game lighter?
First of all you have to tell us more about your system and its specs. The issue could be hardware related because you try to run the game on a piss old laptop with 4 GB RAM while you run Chrome with 100 tabs open in the background.

Anyway, if you are able to access the graphics preferences (shift + g or holding shift while the game starts) you can check which renderer RenPy use. Some GPUs will use ANGLE or ANGLE2 (newer gpu) and other GL2 (Intel for example).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The last option for you would be to try to downgrade the engine from 7.4.10 to something less with RenPy SDK.

May 7, 2021
In this forum you don't have to take yourself too seriously or taking everything as a personal attack: there's people who just want to joke around without being offensive or disrespectful. Btw with the "that guy" expression usually I think at the grammar police, you know, people underlying things like "he does" and not "he do" or such things ...
As a member of the grammar police, I'll point out those errors that are minor to you really bother us. My brother-in-law gets a lot of mileage out of posting memes with grammatical errors or misspellings on FB (and tagging me for good measure) just to annoy me.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Processor: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.35 GHz
Ram: 4,00 GB

No problem with Chapter1, Christmasgift, Hardexam 1 and 2
I just have problems with Chapter2 and Oldchruch
Pretty sure it is a hardware / outdated driver problem because Chapter 2 use a newer version of RenPy.

Feel free to post your Chapter 2's log file here (as txt file).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
controller: '030000008f0e00000300000000000000' 'Piranha xtreme' 1L
You have a gamepad connected to your laptop? Remove it and test the game again.

Download the latest SDK version and launch the game through it and see if it fix your problem.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Anna Exciting Affection [Ch.2 v0.61] [VN Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.27 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.26 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 335 MB:
Compressed Size Mac: 301 MB:

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I tried, always the same, no improvement
Well... that sucks. I looked up the specs of your laptop and they are not great at all. I suspect it is an problem with AMD's driver.

Did you check if your video codecs are updated too? It worked for Unity-based games in the past, but not sure if it will work for RenPy.

Best if you install K-Lite Codec Pack. (The Basic or Standard version should be sufficient.)

Dec 21, 2021
AMD drivers are up to date, and I downloaded the codecs you recommended, but no improvements.

Chapter 2 engages the cpu between 70-75% I think that's where the problem lies.
You're using a (low-end) dual-core CPU from 2014. Unfortunately a chipset / AMD driver will change nothing.

As the E1-6010 offers just two cores at up to 1.35 GHz, the resulting performance is quiet low. Only simple workloads like Office, light Internet browsing and multimedia will be handled adequate.
Current games (as of 2014) are thus hardly playable even in low settings, only a few older and less demanding titels should run fluently.

4.00 star(s) 135 Votes