EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Title.PNG

Overview:
A Slice of Life sim game, focused on the interactions between the player and the characters, and the developing relationships between characters.
The characters have their own unique AI used so they can handle any and all things you want to do with them, as well as think and determine what they want to do with one another.​

Thread Updated: 2023-07-12
Release Date: 2023-06-04
Developer: AntCDev - -
Censored: No
Version: M1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

You must read the installation instructions!
DOWNLOAD

All: - - -

TitleScreen.PNG SoLMenu.PNG Maker.PNG Title.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I'm probably missing something obvious, but is there a way to control the size/resolution of the ingame screen or make it not "full"? I can't reach the back button, unfortunately.

numors

Jun 22, 2021
1. Install Python 3 -
2. Open CMD
3. Copy Path to game folder that is extracted. See: step 3.png step 3.png
4. Run cd PATHTOGAME. Ex: cd C:\Users\ryahn\Downloads\Another-Chance-main
5. Run pip install -r requirements.txt
6. After its all done, run python main.py
'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I keep getting this error

ANON-IDK

Dec 28, 2020
Oh, this sounds cool from reading the discord it sounds like you can create your own characters and locations in the game. also, it sounds like the game is highly moddable. The creator already shared an example character and an example new location in the discord. There also seem to be multiple 4-chan threads for this game.

Reactions: jamonserrano

Welwigo

Apr 12, 2021
Ant, I would suggest getting PyInstaller and building a standalone executable for the game so that people won't have to install Python and the library dependencies. As it is now people might get the wrong idea trusting a .bat file, and Mac and Linux users are left out without some additional steps.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I keep getting this error
try python pip install -r requirements.txt

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Ant, I would suggest getting PyInstaller and building a standalone executable for the game so that people won't have to install Python and the library dependencies. As it is now people might get the wrong idea trusting a .bat file, and Mac and Linux users are left out without some additional steps.
I tried to use it to make one but I kept getting errors

Lupiscanis

Dec 24, 2016
I have no idea if this is going to be a good game as you've made your initial release as complicated as you possibly could. Yes, installing the game isn't particularly hard (but why would you make it even remotely complex to begin with?) and then setting up the game is a chore I'm not interested in at all. There's no real help as to how much or little detail you need to give when creating characters, just a bunch of boxes with no 'randomize' option that I could see - I have no idea if capitalization matters even.

I appreciate anyone who goes into making a game - I'm certainly too lazy to do it - but please make this more user friendly.

Usokitsuki

May 1, 2018
Actual installation order for Windows
1. Install Python 3 - - When installing ensure that pip and Add Python to PATH (or Add Python to environment variables) tick boxes are selected, otherwise launch the installer again after the installation and select them again using Modify option. If those options are not selected during installation nothing will function and you do not want to be adding Python to PATH manually just for this game.
2. Launch InstallWindows.bat in the game folder. Wait for it to finish. Press any key if it prompts you to. Close the console.
3. Launch LaunchWindows.bat. Press any key if it prompts you to. The game should launch.

psyco0

Oct 4, 2017
as a super-noob game-dev myself, I feel really bad seeing everyone here complaining about the difficulty with installing/running this game. the only game(s) I've made myself are in Python and just use modules that are installed by default. that being said, I have yet to try this out, but I definitely will. good luck to the dev :)

Gordou

Nov 26, 2018
Windows user here. I'm also getting the "Something went wrong" error message in the bottom box when trying to save my character. Running the game from the cmd I get this log message on there when I save a character: "2: ERROR SAVING CHARACTER DATA || 'str' object has no attribute 'stat' " followed by the character object.
Also in cmd, when quicksaving this error shows up:

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes