KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
You've probably heard it a couple different times now, but i also wanted to tell you that the puzzles in this game are keeping me from enjoying the game to its fullest.

The game starts off mostly as a classic visual novel. Sure, you can click things for extra stuff and flavor text (which i found really great throughout the game), but for the most part, you're just reading and clicking different choices.
That sounds a little boring, but i really loved that part. The writing, the art and the general feeling it conveys are really good after all, and they alone are basically enough to make this enjoyable.

Spicing this up with puzzles and minigames is a pretty good idea. As long as they are not too repetitive as well as understandable and making it obvious what you need to do to succeed. The degree tho, at which this game employs scavenger hunts and how difficult they are to solve (I've honestly have never used the search function in a thread here so much as i have when playing this game.) is just way over the top. I, quite honestly, feel like hitting a road block every 5 minutes. And that keeps me from advancing in the game, and therefore from enjoying any of it.

So, please. Tone it down with the scavenger hunts. Use them as distraction, not as the main form of gameplay. There are some great characters and believable story so far, which i'd like to enjoy.
Sadly, i apparently can not.

jerexd123

Jan 11, 2019
View attachment 507616

Overview:
The story stars a 20-something waste of space going nowhere fast. Through a series of mysterious circumstances, our protagonist is granted Another Chance at life!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2020-05-07
Release Date: 2020-05-06
Developer: TimeWizardStudios - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA - -
Linux
(Demo): - - - MEGA
Mac (Demo): - - - MEGA

Extras: Fan Sign

View attachment 507624 View attachment 507625 View attachment 507626 View attachment 507627 View attachment 507628 View attachment 507629 View attachment 507630
this game sure looks great, i will be waiting for more releases, good luck!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
What prevents you from doing the onion puzzle? You mean the mini-game where you chop it?
I can just barley move the mouse let alone move and click at the same time.
I am a disable vet and it is very hard to do things like fast moving puzzles, even slow puzzle are very hard for me to do and that is if the puzzle allows for clicking without having to move the mouse at the same time.

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
Don't worry guys we are taking your feedback seriously. We are working on implementing some cool in-game mechanics that will allow us to have the best of both worlds. For those who want to take things slow and explore and investigate everything, you will have the ability to do that. For those who who a more quick and dirty experience, we're adding some great tools that will enable that.
Honestly I think the biggest problems are the amount of clicking necessary to accomplish anything and the relative uselessness of the hints. Problems like the amount of effort it takes to get from point a to b, find a specific thing you're looking for, puzzles not being intuitive enough, etc. all seem to stem from these things. I wouldn't say no to a sort of sandbox mode as it would bypass most of these issues entirely, but I do hope they'll be addressed more thoroughly down the road when there's a little more time to do so thoughtfully.

Also I'm no mind reader but I hope you all won't get too discouraged here. You've made a great product that's being held back by a couple of fundamental issues. I can't speak for everyone ofc but personally I'd say your blood sweat and tears invested so far have very much been worth it. But alas, work never stops.

Reactions: timewizardstudios
Aug 18, 2018
There's too many things to do and to little information for my little brain, I'm just lost. I'll come again when a walkthrough is available cause the game looks very nice.

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
I remember playing the demo of this way back and see that this game has become even better! I did get stuck tho cause I didn't see there was a walk-through, but now that I see it I'll def be replaying. Keep up the great work!

sc0rps

Aug 10, 2017
Soooo. Walkthroug [v.0.1.1], I guess.

you can found another 20$ going in admin wing and looking in the panel, above the plant

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017
Game looks interesting, will wait til more is added before trying. Adding it to my watch list.

risera

Apr 6, 2019
my conclusion to this game is that it has a ton of potential, it just needs a lot of work id really like to see it worked on a lot then check in again in sometime, maybe make it less tedious with clicking and change the hints to actual hints or a guide of sorts and fix the mini games that were in the kitchen cause a lot of people seemed to have problems with it, but good luck with the future of it

Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
A few questions

After chasing the beaver, does anyone know what's next in regards to Lindsey's route, and what do you do with the dead beaver?

After helping Flora with the art teacher what's her next questline?

Does anything come from you catching Flora in the bathroom at 7:00pm?

Last edited:

raydaydream

Jul 16, 2017
A few questions

After chasing the beaver, does anyone know what's next in regards to Lindsey's route, and what do you do with the dead beaver?

After helping Flora with the art teacher what's her next questline?

Does anything come from you catching Flora in the bathroom at 7:00pm?
I do some digging in the file, apparently you can skin that beaver, but I don't know how.
Nothing next for now.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Really enjoy the game, the art is outstanding, all the girls look really nice ! Plot is classic but good so far -with a hint of mystery. As everyone said the mechanic of the game are a bit too much at times (like seriously, the way to get the electric tape almost did me. I screamed at the screen !!). But I feel it doesn't need much to work, just to be a bit more organic. Said apple for exemple would probably work better if being given to a professor table (as it used to be wayyyy back then). Maybe some written hints (for the easel if you thought ''I should try to make one by myself since I don't have enough money", so that you know you have to craft it, cause i legit thought you had to steal one). Small tweaks like that. Just my two cents.

Looking forward to next updates. Good work so far !!

Reactions: PGLover
3.70 star(s) 158 Votes