VN Ren'Py Abandoned Another Look [v1.0 Ep1] [Roar Studio]

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Sorry for my childish fun, but are you quite sure "Anotherloo" is a good abbrevation for the title? Because that is what the filename is, and last time I looked, no scat was involved.
So, what about the game? I skipped through the walls of text, first because if you need to write so much, you are doing it wrong (show, don't tell), second, if there was any information in that, I could not be bothered to translate that in an english I could understand.

On principle: How should I know, how exgirl takes my innuendo? I play this for 2 minutes, and shall decide on how our dynamics are? Give me at least a feedback, then. Informed decisions or clear feedback, I don't have the nerve for stupid guessing games in mediocre VNs anymore.

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
guys its not broken english ok! its ¨not english¨:p thats why we don't understand what character are trying to say.

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
Sorry, my english is very bad, i'll try to fix it
while some (IMO) seem a little too happy about demanding things, i would rather offer you a sugestion. nobody can be expected to know everything or every language, but the english speaking part of the community is quite large. so if you are serious about your game you should try to find someone that knows the original language as well as english (and spanish for that matter) to help you translate the dialogue, that will help you reach a much bigger audience and potential backers to help you along in development. having your game in "broken english" as its called, will deter most english speaking players from playing your game(my self included, unfortunatly) as it can be a huge PAIN to read such dialogue.

i wish you the best of luck with your project, the renders looks nice :) so i hope you will find a way to get a decent translation :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
"Another life" would be more adapted as title right ?

the "look" really not change in here imho :/

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
you all should be ashamed ! for not noticing castrated background.

JhomBraun

Donor
Jan 19, 2018
Agree with other comments that this is not just "broken-English" but very poor translation into English. However, I like this start and look forward to seeing the English improve but more importantly how the game progresses. Yes, the friend's daughter is super hot, but shy which makes for potential corruption!!!

Early Cuyler

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listens...and waits
Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I only checked this out because of the Milf and Big Ass tags but the incoherent dialogues killed any chance for having a boner.

dirtythirty

Apr 18, 2018
Hi @Guifirered

Wanted to let you know that I ran in couple corrupted renders in Pool Scene. It looks like you really need to redo the way you render the water. It took me couple renders before I could actually see the pool as a pool instead of just space filled with static.

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
So, is this new "Life with Mary"?
Broken English aside, is it anywhere remotely as good as LWM or "Our Fate"/"Acting Lessons"?

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
I dont know, it could probably be pretty decent, but not much to go off of right now. there is a few things that need to be edited and re-rendered just in this first part.

dirtythirty

Apr 18, 2018
I finished the demo and I am happy to share my impressions.

Another Looks is another standard 0.0.1 release and it contains usual amount content we learned to dread. There are couple issues which were already mentioned in the thread and could be easily repaired, for example Engrish is one tongue is that choose to this visual fiction toy ;)

CGs look like they were rendered using performance optimised settings, which is understandable. I am happy to report that scene composition and model positioning looks to be on-point and all models so far look natural; no uncanny valley issues so far.

I didn't reach any H scenes during my playthrough. Could somebody with unpacker confirm if I missed any?

So, is this new "Life with Mary"?
Broken English aside, is it anywhere remotely as good as LWM or "Our Fate"/"Acting Lessons"?
It's hard to say thanks to 7-10 minutes of actual story. Not too much exposition compared to some other 0.1/ep.1 releases, however I was hoping for much more in the story department.

Character's seem to be reasonably rounded, writer was able to sneak most of necessary initial exposition into dialogue and there's no "move-in" simulator\tutorial that versions 0.1 are so fond of.

To summarise, game might have potential. There are improvements to be made in translation and rendering departments. Writer seems to know what they're doing and 3D artist seems to have knack for naturally posed people.

That said, there's completely nothing to distinguish this gane from hundreds of other 0.1 releases. Game last long enough for us to say hello to characters and gleam some basic facts about them. Characters are there but there are no stakes whatsoever and unless conflict introduced in episode is redherrering, it does completely nothing for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In summary:
+ Cute main interest, nice models, good scene composition and positioning
- Insultingly short, no hardcore content, drunk Yoda translation level

Verdict: Meh, I'm gonna wait at least until 0.3-0.4