VN Ren'Py Abandoned Another Look [v1.0 Ep1] [Roar Studio]

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
while some (IMO) seem a little too happy about demanding things, i would rather offer you a sugestion. nobody can be expected to know everything or every language, but the english speaking part of the community is quite large. so if you are serious about your game you should try to find someone that knows the original language as well as english (and spanish for that matter) to help you translate the dialogue, that will help you reach a much bigger audience and potential backers to help you along in development. having your game in "broken english" as its called, will deter most english speaking players from playing your game(my self included, unfortunatly) as it can be a huge PAIN to read such dialogue.

i wish you the best of luck with your project, the renders looks nice :) so i hope you will find a way to get a decent translation :)
Or he could go the crowdfunding route - break up the text into blocks of 100-500 lines and offer patron status to anyone willing to translate/ proofread a block.

Reactions: dirtythirty

BizeBire

Oct 23, 2017
It helps if you read everything in a very thick Russian accent. Otherwise, the text needs a very thorough clean-up.

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
did some editing, and some proofreading so now it goes from engrish to english..hope everyone likes including the developer of the game. im sure the developer tried his best, but english not being his forte, i understand.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Hey.
I also make a game and also speak English rather badly.
My advice if you will. Order the translation of the game from a professional and create a "goal" for the translation to the patreon. After all, this is what he needs. Help in developing the game, and not just collect money. Plus, you'll find out how interesting your game is to someone.
And yes! Less unnecessary text. Try to show, not tell.

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
i think overall it was a nice start to a game, it was refreshing to actually see some different model's used compared to the same one's thats been used time and time again. so far there were only two render's that either need to be redone(due to either images running on top of each other, or being really grainy(dont know what causes that, since im still new to rendering images myself). the coloring of Alice's skin looked kinda off to me, but overall looked good. definitly needed some clean up on the storyline, more probably due to translation more than anything, but that can always be corrected.

Jwats

Jan 10, 2018
Think tag should be Eng-ish?

But I'm willing to help too. Like above said, send blocks of 500 words out and we can try to sort them out with your help.

Good luck!

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Wow, the English is really pretty bad.
I mean "I'm owns a software company, one of the great" and "You is eating?" are not the parts that worry me.
But when I read "When she uncrossed her arms I was paralyzed, her breasts gave me head pangs, I didn't notice his features but was not the fact that I saw her breats, was just a triggering event" I knew this would be a hard read...
Bad English always kills my joy to progress with a game. All gameplay ideas and graphics won't save it for me.
I don't think I will give this one "another look".
But thanks for sharing anyways!
Hi Direknight,

I beg to differ...

But when I read - "When she uncrossed her arms I was paralyzed, her breasts gave me head pangs, I didn't notice her features but was not the fact that I saw her breasts, was just a triggering event" <-Edited text for readability removed errors.

That was my favorite part of the game's script, it caused a triggering in my brain to laugh out loud. :D

To the Dev,

Good luck we all have to start somewhere, at least you have released something. :)

Reactions: ontach

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
^ Yes, this definitely falls in the 'so bad it's good' category. Good fun.

MidgetForehead

Jun 6, 2018
Wow, the English is really pretty bad.
I mean "I'm owns a software company, one of the great" and "You is eating?" are not the parts that worry me.
But when I read "When she uncrossed her arms I was paralyzed, her breasts gave me head pangs, I didn't notice his features but was not the fact that I saw her breats, was just a triggering event" I knew this would be a hard read...
Bad English always kills my joy to progress with a game. All gameplay ideas and graphics won't save it for me.
I don't think I will give this one "another look".
But thanks for sharing anyways!
Lol this made me laugh, thanks.

dparadise

Jul 26, 2017
Great renders, decent start, peaked my interest definitely. And actually... She's asian, I've been to Singapore and Philippines, the broken English actually I simply invision some of those Asians talking to me haha. Definitely interested to see how this one further evolves.

MrSandman69

Jul 10, 2018
I finished it, I don't think the English is so bad. Maybe some phrase with a weird grammar but the graphical part is amazing, very nice work!! The story has some hard breaks like "film starts" "film ends" that can be filled with dialogs or something, but I'm amazed with the graphics. If you need help fixing the text maybe I can help you, the project deserves it. How do you do the graphical part? Some software in particular?

MrSandman69

Jul 10, 2018
Hi @Guifirered

Wanted to let you know that I ran in couple corrupted renders in Pool Scene. It looks like you really need to redo the way you render the water. It took me couple renders before I could actually see the pool as a pool instead of just space filled with static.

View attachment 121968 View attachment 121969
I think it is the reflection of the house or something, in the first frame is weird to identify, but in the rest you see it. It's like a very clean water that tried to be transparent for see the body of the girl and at the same time reflects the house.

tanabato

Jun 29, 2017
They told me it's a game of a Brazilian developer, they correct me if I'm wrong. If so, I would like to know if it is possible in future updates to have PT-BR.

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
The question needed to be answered: is this worth "Another Look"? :WutFace:I think so. The renders are top-notch, so it has that going for it. It's too bad about the "translation"...hope that improves. In this version, if you read the text aloud, you sound like a guard in a Turkish prison.

Reactions: ztety