2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

ChilliMilliLily

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Don't you just love it when you're set up to HAVE to fail, insofar as hot-wiring the keypad Python code to always succeed actually locks you into an endless loop - because the only way you were supposed to get out of the scene was to FAIL...? True story. Also, horrible game design.
Yeah I do admit the game design leaves a lot to be desired :( If you do have specific feedback, that will help a lot in future iterations

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
Moderators should be strict about using tags here. What kind of "female protagonist" do we have in this game? Isn't this plain deception?

ChilliMilliLily

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Moderators should be strict about using tags here. What kind of "female protagonist" do we have in this game? Isn't this plain deception?
These tags were already added before I took over this thread. Although you do have a female version of the protagonist in the 2nd dimension so I guess that was the reason it was added in the tags

Reactions: riadhloch

ChilliMilliLily

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Don't let the haters get you down, ChilliMilliLily. Please, keep at it! It's an interesting concept and a fun story to experience.
I know that but still I'm open to any and all feedback because and any constructive feedback will help me make the game better. So that's why I'm always open to constructive feedback.

And I'm glad you liked it

Reactions: riadhloch

ChilliMilliLily

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
Hi everyone, hope y'all are doing well

After releasing Version 0.4, I thought I’d share some details about what's coming up next.

The follow-up version is currently underway, and although I apologize for my past inconsistent development of this game, I'm making a conscious efforts to maintain a regular development pace from now on.

The estimated launch date for Version 0.41 is June 30th. For the next update, you can look forward to:
  • Two new mini-games that will be a part of any future game mechanics
  • 1 new mind alteration scene
  • More solo and non-solo scenes
  • A new character joining the cast of this chapter with some very weird tastes
Please don't hesitate to report any encountered bugs to me

Future Plans:
After I'm done with this chapter, I want to work on the following things before releasing the next chapter
  • Implementation of stats mechanic that was a core part of the Twine version of this game
  • Side stories that were also part of the Twine version that will have permanent effects on the player to make the game more non-linear
  • A new DLC
That's all for this development update and thanks again for bearing with me. Your feedback throughout the development journey has and will continue to greatly help me to make this game better and better

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
These tags were already added before I took over this thread. Although you do have a female version of the protagonist in the 2nd dimension so I guess that was the reason it was added in the tags
You can use the genre section to apply your own 'tags' rather than simply repeat the ones used above the title

• Hey there
Reactions: ChilliMilliLily

MWolf55

Jun 19, 2018
Stumbled across this game yesterday, some how missed it before now. I like games with kink and BDSM themes. Not many of those around that have good content that seem to last. Really like how this is progressing; it's interesting and unique. No I don't necessarily like all the content but that's okay. There's a lot I do like. You can't make a game that makes everyone happy. To see the content I do like, I will just work through the parts that are not necessarily my "thing." Keep up the good work and stick with it. This is a good one for the BDSM/kink genre and would hate to see it go away.

• Red Heart

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
So the mc turns into a girl permanently or it's one of those temporary transformations ??

ChilliMilliLily

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
So the mc turns into a girl permanently or it's one of those temporary transformations ??
I don't want to spoil what's to come but any and all transformations in this game can be of permanent or temporary nature.
But as of now, the male and female version of the main character co-exist in separate universes

Reactions: riadhloch and Cabin

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
I don't want to spoil what's to come but any and all transformations in this game can be of permanent or temporary nature.
But as of now, the male and female version of the main character co-exist in separate universes
Thanks definitely going to play the game now if transformations can be permanent

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah I do admit the game design leaves a lot to be desired :( If you do have specific feedback, that will help a lot in future iterations
I suppose it's a deeper (and unsolvable) philosophical dichotomy between narrative and player agency in a game. In kinetic novels story is KING, the player is NOT supposed to "play", he's just along for a ride - to experience the story the dev wants to tell, LIKE IT OR NOT. In this case, the code failure HAS to happen because that's what the story demands, and nothing else matters full stop. In actual, proper games (including visual novels that aren't KNs) player agency is king (as far as practically possible), which means the player is supposed to get a choice of doing or not doing something that would affect them significantly - which implies there would need to be a route AROUND necessarily getting locked into a chamber.

The "oh shit" must-fail scenario could still be part of the game, but it would have to be a consequence of a choice the player made (which in a decent game, would get signposted in advance as something you might REALLY NOT want to do if you know what's good for you), as an alternative to some other way to progress the story for those who decide this might ACTUALLY be a bad idea. Obviously, the second case is much more work - which is why kinetic novels are as popular as they are (sadly); but on the other hand, it's far more rewarding to play. In the end, it's the dev's choice...

ChilliMilliLily

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
I suppose it's a deeper (and unsolvable) philosophical dichotomy between narrative and player agency in a game. In kinetic novels story is KING, the player is NOT supposed to "play", he's just along for a ride - to experience the story the dev wants to tell, LIKE IT OR NOT. In this case, the code failure HAS to happen because that's what the story demands, and nothing else matters full stop. In actual, proper games (including visual novels that aren't KNs) player agency is king (as far as practically possible), which means the player is supposed to get a choice of doing or not doing something that would affect them significantly - which implies there would need to be a route AROUND necessarily getting locked into a chamber.

The "oh shit" must-fail scenario could still be part of the game, but it would have to be a consequence of a choice the player made (which in a decent game, would get signposted in advance as something you might REALLY NOT want to do if you know what's good for you), as an alternative to some other way to progress the story for those who decide this might ACTUALLY be a bad idea. Obviously, the second case is much more work - which is why kinetic novels are as popular as they are (sadly); but on the other hand, it's far more rewarding to play. In the end, it's the dev's choice...
Yeah I know it should've been a choice and it was more of a concious decision to force it in linearity for now. This project was supposed to be non-linear from the start and it will still be (the next update is going to reflect that) and after I'm done with this chapter I'll be taking a top down approach to adding paths in the content till now. Though I also acknowledge that this is all in the air right now and all I've said doesn't apply to the current state of the game which is very linear as of now.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes