• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There are characters who are lesbians, and the themes will be unavoidable. Direct lesbian scenes will be present in the future, but skippable :)
The most important thing is to know who these LIs are going to be in order to prevent the MC from having a relationship with them beyond what is strictly necessary to advance the main story of the game (and of course no romance or sex with them).

On the other hand, even if we say no to the lesbian LIs, are we going to have the scenes?

Maelstrom507

Developer of 'Another World'
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
The most important thing is to know who these LIs are going to be in order to prevent the MC from having a relationship with them beyond what is strictly necessary to advance the main story of the game (and of course no romance or sex with them).

On the other hand, even if we say no to the lesbian LIs, are we going to have the scenes?
It's pretty clear who the LI is, don't worry.

You'll have the option to view lesbian scenes, but they'll be skippable for those who don't want to see them.

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
1_5_0 Subscriber_OutNow.png

Hey guys!

'Another World' Ver 1.5.0 has just released to all Patreon/Subscribestar members!

If you'd like early access to this update, make sure to join either or for the newest version! ;)

Malkavian

Jun 8, 2017
Comparisions to LiL are unavoidable (I mean, a bi rocker girl who falls deeply in love with a cool girl, bonkers mc with visions which pass moral judgement onto the player...), but it does what it does really well. This post will mention that game a lot because it is one of my favorites.
The mc is likeable, not gross and age appropriate; the girls are cute, fleshed out and the relationships are endearing in how they develop. Overall seems to be going faster than LiL (a lot of girls are already in romance and even horny-content territory I think), which isnt bad but was a bit jarring in one moment or another. Some observations which arent necessarily critiques but jumped out while I was playing:
  • The shell shocked face is really well done. The shifty eyes makes me feel shell shocked as well. 10/10
  • The happy events mind thingies are personified pretty quickly. I think having a face and name and a defined personality may take away from the mind-fuckery aspect of mind thingies, which is not bad as it is clearly the direction the game is taking but is something to note if you expect the same level of mind-fuckery as the aforementioned game
  • The first mind tree thingie before the fight was a little sudden in the way it tried to introduce the "judging the player for enjoying the sad story" aspect without much buildup before, I think? Still hit pretty hard afterwards.
  • I feel like Yumi Kirei broke out of her shell waay too fast. But again, the overall pace of the story seems to be aimed at being a little fast.
  • comforting Kirei with physical proximity after she was just assaulted, even with an inocent hug, felt very insensitive to me. Maybe if there was some communication from her after the MC explicitly sat near her without any contact it would feel more believable. I think that was the only scene I felt the MC messed up despite it not being written that way.
Overall this is really promising!

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Comparisions to LiL are unavoidable (I mean, a bi rocker girl who falls deeply in love with a cool girl, bonkers mc with visions which pass moral judgement onto the player...), but it does what it does really well. This post will mention that game a lot because it is one of my favorites.
The mc is likeable, not gross and age appropriate; the girls are cute, fleshed out and the relationships are endearing in how they develop. Overall seems to be going faster than LiL (a lot of girls are already in romance and even horny-content territory I think), which isnt bad but was a bit jarring in one moment or another. Some observations which arent necessarily critiques but jumped out while I was playing:
  • The shell shocked face is really well done. The shifty eyes makes me feel shell shocked as well. 10/10
  • The happy events mind thingies are personified pretty quickly. I think having a face and name and a defined personality may take away from the mind-fuckery aspect of mind thingies, which is not bad as it is clearly the direction the game is taking but is something to note if you expect the same level of mind-fuckery as the aforementioned game
  • The first mind tree thingie before the fight was a little sudden in the way it tried to introduce the "judging the player for enjoying the sad story" aspect without much buildup before, I think? Still hit pretty hard afterwards.
  • I feel like Yumi Kirei broke out of her shell waay too fast. But again, the overall pace of the story seems to be aimed at being a little fast.
  • comforting Kirei with physical proximity after she was just assaulted, even with an inocent hug, felt very insensitive to me. Maybe if there was some communication from her after the MC explicitly sat near her without any contact it would feel more believable. I think that was the only scene I felt the MC messed up despite it not being written that way.
Overall this is really promising!
Heya dude! Thanks for the thoughts! Always happy to hear what people are thinking :))

I'm not planning on this game for lasting quite as long as something like LiL (2+ years for a Noriko scene - no thanks) - and so the pacing might be a slight bit different from what you might have been expecting. I'm constantly trying to maintain a balance of romantic content without making anyone bored, which has been a big concern.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once again - thanks for the kind words, and appreciate the feedback! :))

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AnotherWorld-MAELSTROM-1.5
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maelstrom507

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
man this game looks nice but the lesbian tag, are the girls optional lesbians or what? i wouldn't want to waste time investing my time into the game if i can't avoid it.
They're going to be skippable. Meaning they're still gonna happen even if you don't see it. So if you don't like your girls fucking each other behind your back, don't play.

Tall_jake

Jan 31, 2022
It seems like I'm unable to progress with both Saori (wait until monday) and Ami (invite her home). Am I missing something? How do you invite her home? And what triggers Saori's event?

Reactions: SmilesC8

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
It seems like I'm unable to progress with both Saori (wait until monday) and Ami (invite her home). Am I missing something? How do you invite her home? And what triggers Saori's event?
1709333813945.png

You should see this button appear in the options for where to go in the Evening. That'll let you invite Ami over - then Saori's event will follow :)

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Oh thanks, but there's no such thing on my screen unfortunately :( . Are there any other requirements for the button to appear?
Ah - just found where you mean in the code. Just checked aaaand it's a bug :(

If you drag this file into your 'game' folder, it should work correctly :) (Will update to fix this too)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Another World [v1.5.0] [Maelstrom]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
AnotherWorld-MAELSTROM-1.5.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maelstrom507

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Imo if the renaming thing isnt going to work it should just be removed. I get it not matching up in prerendered scene backgrounds or something, but even the dialog people call you is wrong. Still called Arvin even tho the previous screen had the correct new name.

1709438028485.png
1709438302968.png

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Can you not get the bj from mall chick anymore? Its in previews but i didnt get it in the game after completing each event.
You can - it's locked behind certain event choices.
If Sakura's last event is 'Mask' - you've gone wrong :confused:

Maelstrom507

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2023
Imo if the renaming thing isnt going to work it should just be removed. I get it not matching up in prerendered scene backgrounds or something, but even the dialog people call you is wrong. Still called Arvin even tho the previous screen had the correct new name.

View attachment 3405087
View attachment 3405091
I can only apologise for this -there may still be a few places where the name isn't changed correctly. I've tried my best to change it wherever I notice, but there are some that still fall through the cracks. These have been updated for the newest version :)

Please, if you do spot any more, send me a message :)

Reactions: zorro0000
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes