Answering DAZ questions!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I am trying to use Daz on Windows 10.

1. I am using Daz Central and Daz Studio.

2. I do not know where the content folder is exactly located?

3. I used a a folder that I thought was the right one and the content I put in the folder did not show up from the folder in Daz Studio.
I used ( C:/ User> username> Documents> Daz 3D> Studio> My Daz Connect Library)

4. I do not have a Daz Folder in my Public Folder.

5. The zip files I used did not have the IM file, so I copied the following files from those zip files to the above Folder:
a. People
b. Data
c. Runtime
Some of the files had a Template file, I copied those too.
I did not copy Document files.

What am I doing wrong?
The ".../My Daz Connect Library" folder is the wrong place.

if you look at the screenshot in MrKnobb 's post above, you'll see that incorrect folder is listed under "Daz Connect Data". That "content set" is used by Daz for stuff downloaded from their store from within the Daz App directly.

You should put your downloaded assets into one of the folders listed under the "Daz Studio Formats" content set section. (Or you can put them in any location you want, and then ADD the additional folder location to the "Daz Studio Formats" content set using the buttons on the left.

The Content Directory Manager modal window is accessed by Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> "Content Directory Manager..."

I have more detail in an old post here: https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/post-5311699

horndogg16

Apr 19, 2020
The ".../My Daz Connect Library" folder is the wrong place.

if you look at the screenshot in MrKnobb 's post above, you'll see that incorrect folder is listed under "Daz Connect Data". That "content set" is used by Daz for stuff downloaded from their store from within the Daz App directly.

You should put your downloaded assets into one of the folders listed under the "Daz Studio Formats" content set section. (Or you can put them in any location you want, and then ADD the additional folder location to the "Daz Studio Formats" content set using the buttons on the left.

The Content Directory Manager modal window is accessed by Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> "Content Directory Manager..."

I have more detail in an old post here: https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/post-5311699
Do I need to copy the "Templates" files into the Library?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Do I need to copy the "Templates" files into the Library?
"Templates" are images showing the UV mapping of the 3d object's texture, which a user may use to potentially make their own variation of the skin/textures of the product.

Not many products include them.

You don't actually need them for Daz, they are not used for rendering.

Reactions: horndogg16

horndogg16

Apr 19, 2020
"Templates" are images showing the UV mapping of the 3d object's texture, which a user may use to potentially make their own variation of the skin/textures of the product.

Not many products include them.

You don't actually need them for Daz, they are not used for rendering.
Thank You Osanaiko for all your help. :)

• Hey there
Reactions: osanaiko