3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I just cloned my original drive for a starting point just incase I screw up things AGAIN!! :) and am now using the clone as the main drive. I noticed that there is now 3 "My DAZ Library" listed in the content 2 of which seem to path out to different areas of the drive, and are also empty ( nothing at all in them ) just an empty directory at two different locations. Is that something that may be normal and also just be ignored. I think that I had that once before and deleted the empty listings from content and that was one of the times I screwed things up pretty good..... Just wondering.. Daz also saw a hardware or system change and I had to re-authenticate again but that just seems to happen now and then I have also noticed.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I just cloned my original drive for a starting point just incase I screw up things AGAIN!! :) and am now using the clone as the main drive. I noticed that there is now 3 "My DAZ Library" listed in the content 2 of which seem to path out to different areas of the drive, and are also empty ( nothing at all in them ) just an empty directory at two different locations. Is that something that may be normal and also just be ignored. I think that I had that once before and deleted the empty listings from content and that was one of the times I screwed things up pretty good..... Just wondering.. Daz also saw a hardware or system change and I had to re-authenticate again but that just seems to happen now and then I have also noticed.
The Content folders are controlled by the "Content Directory Manager".

1615613899279.png

This modal window is accessed by Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> "Content Directory Manager..."

In here you can add/remove/change the folders where Daz will look for installed content.

I have three folders for daz:
- my library (where i put any content i create)
- DL content (all the stuff i download which *does not* install via DIM (i.e. renderotica stuff)
- Official Content (downloaded content that *does* install via DIM + anything I've bought from the Daz store)

and one folder for old Poser content.

Reactions: 31971207

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Thanks I will go in and look at it and try to adjust. Last time I just deleted them form main page and that was when things went to Hell :) Thinking what can it hurt right.............. I found out.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Alright.. So trying out Headlights..
Why does is have a circle around the areola..
Materials and shell fixes work for color and removing the white..
But no idea what to do for that thing..

1615675284684.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
L
How can I remove this line on the face? Its a Daz Studio render. Why does this happen?
looks like a haircap poking through. try selecting the hair object in the hierarchy and slightly (like 0.1%) adjusting the scaling or translation params.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Alright.. So trying out Headlights..
Why does is have a circle around the areola..
Materials and shell fixes work for color and removing the white..
But no idea what to do for that thing..
Yeah, i've had that exact thing happen before also with Headlights. Unfortunately i can't remember exactly what I did to fix it. I feel like it was either changing the opacity cutout of one of the materials (not sure if the shell or the headlight itself) or it was deleting and reapplying the headlights + shell + color copy again in the correct order.

hmmm, thinking again, maybe it was applying a shell color to the headlight object, not the shell.

Sorry can't be more specific.

But don't lose hope, I remember I could solve it in only 5 minutes of messing around... just try different combo's

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Yeah, i've had that exact thing happen before also with Headlights. Unfortunately i can't remember exactly what I did to fix it. I feel like it was either changing the opacity cutout of one of the materials (not sure if the shell or the headlight itself) or it was deleting and reapplying the headlights + shell + color copy again in the correct order.

hmmm, thinking again, maybe it was applying a shell color to the headlight object, not the shell.

Sorry can't be more specific.

But don't lose hope, I remember I could solve it in only 5 minutes of messing around... just try different combo's
No luck so far.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
No luck so far.
Hmmm. Does it happen again every time if you make a new character in the same scene and apply headlights?

If you can make a new character with the addon that has "normal" skin, then look at and compare all the configuration of object hierarchy, materials, shaders etc between the two to find the error.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Hmmm. Does it happen again every time if you make a new character in the same scene and apply headlights?

If you can make a new character with the addon that has "normal" skin, then look at and compare all the configuration of object hierarchy, materials, shaders etc between the two to find the error.
Was just that one that tried it on.. Made another girl and was able to get it to work. unknown.png

Not sure why it did.. Didn't do anything special.. Headlights > Shell > Materials > Shell Fix on Gens and Headlight shell.. Iirc..

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Was just that one that tried it on.. Made another girl and was able to get it to work.

Not sure why it did.. Didn't do anything special.. Headlights > Shell > Materials > Shell Fix on Gens and Headlight shell.. Iirc..
All good, at least the issue is solved now.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
All good, at least the issue is solved now.
Sort of, still doesn't work on the first one, will try two other models though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But seems Headlights doesn't work with.
Did the same steps each time..

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Sort of, still doesn't work on the first one, will try two other models though.

But seems Headlights doesn't work with.
Did the same steps each time..
Since headlights don't seem to work try out the Ultimate Breast Morphs. It's for G3F and G8F and as I tested it, it changes the base model geometry and doesn't use shells nor grafts making it (hopefully) conflict free. Though I'm not sure it has inverted morphs as I remember you wanted some.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place.
Can anyone identify the model of this character.
It is likely a gen 8 char.
Edit: Found her. Took a while to look for her tho.

Last edited:

dmuc1111

Jul 22, 2017
Hi, I'm looking to start developing a game myself but have no artistic skills. I can program perfectly fine and already have a design pretty far along. But I can't draw or model or anything like that. I'm planning on using RenPy because I know python already, I just need a way to get graphics into the game. I've tried Unity, Blender and all that stuff but its just not for me, I'm more of a programmer and designer than an artist. I thing I read somewhere here a year or two ago that there are programs/games that allow you to create characters and scenes and then you just rip them out the game and import to RenPy or wherever. This is what I'm hoping to find basically. I know about honey select and honey select 2 but haven't tried them yet. I just tried Koikatsu but was completely overwhelmed and had no idea how to create anything with it or even know if its what im looking for. Can anyone tell me my options please, I'm fine with both eastern and western artstyles.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi, I'm looking to start developing a game myself but have no artistic skills. I can program perfectly fine and already have a design pretty far along. But I can't draw or model or anything like that. I'm planning on using RenPy because I know python already, I just need a way to get graphics into the game. I've tried Unity, Blender and all that stuff but its just not for me, I'm more of a programmer and designer than an artist. I thing I read somewhere here a year or two ago that there are programs/games that allow you to create characters and scenes and then you just rip them out the game and import to RenPy or wherever. This is what I'm hoping to find basically. I know about honey select and honey select 2 but haven't tried them yet. I just tried Koikatsu but was completely overwhelmed and had no idea how to create anything with it or even know if its what im looking for. Can anyone tell me my options please, I'm fine with both eastern and western artstyles.
Youtube will have many tutorials on how to use the Illusion games' "Studio" components. Koikatsu is more "anime style" rendering, Honey select is more "normal" 3d rendering, although not close to the quality of results you can get with Daz

More details in this thread:

Reactions: dmuc1111

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Male Gens Mats to take or do. I have the Anatomical Elements for the G8M so I can add the Gens to the G8M model, and it does just that. However I cant seem to transfer the Material to it all I can get is the plastic looking penis that is whiteish gray. Any ideas or did it not fully install. It is part of the G8M bundle I think.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Is there anyway in Daz to determine where exactly a texture is being used?

I ask because when I edit skins with Skin Builder, I had saved them all to the same location, but now I'm going back and cleaning it up, renaming the skins with the characters name and what not and then deleting the old files. The problem I'm having is that sometimes a texture is missing, so I have to undelete the missing file and I go over the surfaces time and time again trying to find out where that file was that I forgot to change, only to not find a thing.

So is there a way to pinpoint exactly where the texture is being used?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Is there anyway in Daz to determine where exactly a texture is being used?

I ask because when I edit skins with Skin Builder, I had saved them all to the same location, but now I'm going back and cleaning it up, renaming the skins with the characters name and what not and then deleting the old files. The problem I'm having is that sometimes a texture is missing, so I have to undelete the missing file and I go over the surfaces time and time again trying to find out where that file was that I forgot to change, only to not find a thing.

So is there a way to pinpoint exactly where the texture is being used?
I'm not sure i follow exactly what you mean.

If you are talking about finding if a specific texture image file is used in some saved scene/scene subset or similar, I don't know any way to do that. (Maybe the DUF files have plaintext references to filenames? you might be able to a file content search for the texture image file name?)

However, If you want to find what parts of an object in a loaded scene are using a specific surface material, you possibly can use the "Surface Selector Tool":

1. select the Surface Selector tool
2. select the object in the Scene pane you want to investigate.
3. open the "Surfaces" pane
4. click through the different surfaces. the polygons on the object which are assigned to that surface will be outlined.

1616325444235.png

Reactions: Yonamous
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote