3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hello! When i try prerender i have this result
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But if i render same image i have problems with blouse texture
Why im seeing this only in render result?
Given the time to do this render, I would probably just cut my losses and go into either Photoshop or Gimp and rubberstamp those anomalies away. I realize that's not fixing the problem, but my bet is you are seeing it in the render result because it's a lot more detailed in resolution, and the preview isn't getting to the point where that goof is appearing.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I am sure this was answered somewhere in the past, but I am not finding it. Several Daz3D versions ago, I lost the ability to render just using my CUDA (CPU off). Before the flame bombs start going, I have an ancient GeForce GTX-760 card. If I only have CUDA turned on, it won't even start processing the image. The only way to get it to render is to run both CPU and CUDA on. Which, for my complicated set, takes about 2 hours plus to render each image. Under General, I have Allow CPU Fallback unchecked but have allow GPU detection and check GPU driver versions checked. Any suggestions on how I can get back to CUDA processing only without CPU?
When Daz renders it will either use GPU or CPU, not both at the same time. In the 2 hour render it is not actually using the GPU at all. If you want proof, open the performance tab on Task Manager and look at the GPU Ram usage and temp.

To get it to render on the GPU you need to get VRAM consumption under what is on the graphics card. To do this you need to ensure that the geometry + material VRAM usage is low enough. There are a number of posts related to how to do this.

Note: It is possible to render using multiple GPU's however the scene's VRAM usage needs to be less than the VRAM on each video card. Hence if you had a 4GB and 8GB video card, to get the scene to render using both, you would need to keep the scene VRAM usage to less than 4GB.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
When Daz renders it will either use GPU or CPU, not both at the same time. In the 2 hour render it is not actually using the GPU at all. If you want proof, open the performance tab on Task Manager and look at the GPU Ram usage and temp.

To get it to render on the GPU you need to get VRAM consumption under what is on the graphics card. To do this you need to ensure that the geometry + material VRAM usage is low enough. There are a number of posts related to how to do this.

Note: It is possible to render using multiple GPU's however the scene's VRAM usage needs to be less than the VRAM on each video card. Hence if you had a 4GB and 8GB video card, to get the scene to render using both, you would need to keep the scene VRAM usage to less than 4GB.
That was a nice long answer, but unfortunately not applicable to my situation. To test this, I created an empty scene with a simple primitive sphere, colored white. I turned CPU rendering off (in the Advanced render tab) and left GPU rendering on. Rendering window popped up and after about 5 seconds closed down and gave me a blank render window. Now, are you trying to tell me that my primitive sphere is exceeding the VRAM usage capacity on the video card? I know this is not so because in the past I have been able to do many renders in GPU, and most of them were quite a bit more complex than a primitive sphere, so I don't know what has changed so that I cannot do it any more.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
That was a nice long answer, but unfortunately not applicable to my situation. To test this, I created an empty scene with a simple primitive sphere, colored white. I turned CPU rendering off (in the Advanced render tab) and left GPU rendering on. Rendering window popped up and after about 5 seconds closed down and gave me a blank render window. Now, are you trying to tell me that my primitive sphere is exceeding the VRAM usage capacity on the video card? I know this is not so because in the past I have been able to do many renders in GPU, and most of them were quite a bit more complex than a primitive sphere, so I don't know what has changed so that I cannot do it any more.
If you can't render a sphere, it's not a VRAM issue. My only other guess is that your nVidia drivers are out of date.

8mes

Aug 24, 2016
I am sure this was answered somewhere in the past, but I am not finding it. Several Daz3D versions ago, I lost the ability to render just using my CUDA (CPU off). Before the flame bombs start going, I have an ancient GeForce GTX-760 card. If I only have CUDA turned on, it won't even start processing the image. The only way to get it to render is to run both CPU and CUDA on. Which, for my complicated set, takes about 2 hours plus to render each image. Under General, I have Allow CPU Fallback unchecked but have allow GPU detection and check GPU driver versions checked. Any suggestions on how I can get back to CUDA processing only without CPU?
I think Nvidia stopped supporting iray for older cards. You probably need an older version of Daz Studio and gpu drivers.
Maybe try asking in Daz forums...

Reactions: osanaiko

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Question related to scripts in Daz-

If I wanted to update the scripts for Futalicious Full Monty BBQ to work with Genesis 8.1, would that just be a matter of opening the scripts in a text editor and replacing certain names with other names (such as changing the "Torso" surface to "Body"), or is it more involved than that?

Feb 3, 2020
I think Nvidia stopped supporting iray for older cards. You probably need an older version of Daz Studio and gpu drivers.
Maybe try asking in Daz forums...
I think GTX760 was officially dropped from something like 4.14 onward.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Question related to scripts in Daz-

If I wanted to update the scripts for Futalicious Full Monty BBQ to work with Genesis 8.1, would that just be a matter of opening the scripts in a text editor and replacing certain names with other names (such as changing the "Torso" surface to "Body"), or is it more involved than that?
Honestly, it would be faster for you to just try it and see... and make sure you report the results back here. For Science! :p

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Honestly, it would be faster for you to just try it and see... and make sure you report the results back here. For Science! :p
Sadly it seems the scripts are encrypted and not readable in a text editor. Looks like we'll just have to wait for an update

• Sad
Reactions: osanaiko

acusrola

May 30, 2020

Olympia 7 for O8 seems to have seams (on my config) around the upper thighs and the arms near the armpit (jpg compression makes the seams a bit difficult to see). Is there a way to fix this or am I fucked?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, here is one of the wildest things I have seen yet. I have weird artifacts that appear on my G8F actor's forehead, but only when the hairstyle Trish Hair G8F is turned on. Here's what it looks like:

If I hide the hairstyle, the artifacts go away. Anyone have something like this happen before? Am I screwed and just need to move on to a different hairstyle?

Feb 3, 2020
Ok, here is one of the wildest things I have seen yet. I have weird artifacts that appear on my G8F actor's forehead, but only when the hairstyle Trish Hair G8F is turned on. Here's what it looks like:

If I hide the hairstyle, the artifacts go away. Anyone have something like this happen before? Am I screwed and just need to move on to a different hairstyle?
I get this all the time. It's the hair cap poking through. I just shrink the hair's head size dial by tiny increments until it's gone.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Too lazy (and impatient) to wait for a response. Since it's for a new character and nothing was set in stone, I just changed hairstyles. Playing the Sims taught me you can never have too many hairstyles in your inventory.

8mes

Aug 24, 2016
Olympia 7 for O8 seems to have seams (on my config) around the upper thighs and the arms near the armpit (jpg compression makes the seams a bit difficult to see). Is there a way to fix this or am I fucked?
I can think of two possibilities.
1. Transmitted and SSS colors are not the same for all skin surfaces.
Select all skin surfaces and see if there is a "<?>" in Transmitted and/or SSS color tab
2. You have spectral rendering enabled
For spectral rendering Transmitted color has to be "0.99 0.99 0.99" But you have to edit other shader parameters to make it look good.

Reactions: acusrola

acusrola

May 30, 2020
I can think of two possibilities.
1. Transmitted and SSS colors are not the same for all skin surfaces.
Select all skin surfaces and see if there is a "<?>" in Transmitted and/or SSS color tab
2. You have spectral rendering enabled
For spectral rendering Transmitted color has to be "0.99 0.99 0.99" But you have to edit other shader parameters to make it look good.
I have spectral rendering on, searched for Spectral rendering seams on google (thank you for the keywords!) and a post ( bottom most) mentioned that using a low measurement distance helps. I'm currently testing if it helps.

Edit: Nothing worked except turning off spectral rendering. I did a render with the same exact settings only with changing the SR off and the seams are gone. Shame really, I prefer the way faithful 1964 looks - though when I compared the images the difference is quite small and probably not worth the extra render time...

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8mes

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
Hey , would anyone happen to know how to convert Olympia 6 to G3 or G8 ?
I have a gen2 character in my game that is based on Olympia 6, and I need to convert her to G3 or G8 . I can transfer the morph easily, but I can't find a way to convert the materials, as there are no Legacy UV for olympia 6...

Edit nevermind I found a way.

Last edited:

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Is there a good way to fix clipping in dforce clothing? Could I grab the vertices that are causing problems and edit the coordinates or something?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Is there a good way to fix clipping in dforce clothing? Could I grab the vertices that are causing problems and edit the coordinates or something?
Mesh Grabber is your friend for almost every type of clipping. I've even used it to move hair clipping through ears, and to move laces to appear to be falling downward as if affected by gravity.

Reactions: acusrola
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote