3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm not sure i follow exactly what you mean.

If you are talking about finding if a specific texture image file is used in some saved scene/scene subset or similar, I don't know any way to do that. (Maybe the DUF files have plaintext references to filenames? you might be able to a file content search for the texture image file name?)

However, If you want to find what parts of an object in a loaded scene are using a specific surface material, you possibly can use the "Surface Selector Tool":

1. select the Surface Selector tool
2. select the object in the Scene pane you want to investigate.
3. open the "Surfaces" pane
4. click through the different surfaces. the polygons on the object which are assigned to that surface will be outlined.

View attachment 1095843
I wonder if that will help with my problem with the male gens not coloring in... see #2022 above

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I'm not sure i follow exactly what you mean.

If you are talking about finding if a specific texture image file is used in some saved scene/scene subset or similar, I don't know any way to do that. (Maybe the DUF files have plaintext references to filenames? you might be able to a file content search for the texture image file name?)

However, If you want to find what parts of an object in a loaded scene are using a specific surface material, you possibly can use the "Surface Selector Tool":

1. select the Surface Selector tool
2. select the object in the Scene pane you want to investigate.
3. open the "Surfaces" pane
4. click through the different surfaces. the polygons on the object which are assigned to that surface will be outlined.

View attachment 1095843
I guess I should have used images.

File.jpg

That file I have circled there, I can assume it's used in the leg or toenail area under surfaces, but is there a way to locate EXACTLY where that file is being used without having to manually search through the surfaces area? Like having it point to the locations it's used, say Base Color, toenails or whatever.

The reason I ask is because I'm changing the file names and editing most of them and as I switch them over to the new files and locations and move the old ones, I seem to miss switching some here and there, and then I have to look at the surfaces tab again and again to try and locate the file I missed switching.

As an example say after switching the files over and then deleting the old ones, I then load up the character, and it says 'Skin--TayloyTaylor-Skin--Sydney8_Legs_NM_10003.tif ' is missing and then I undelete that file so that it can load properly, can I find out where that tif is being used. Because I swear at some points I've gone up and down all the leg related, or just all the surfaces and I just cannot see that file in use anymore after switching it over to the new ones; yet Daz says it's still being used somewhere.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I guess I should have used images.

That file I have circled there, I can assume it's used in the leg or toenail area under surfaces, but is there a way to locate EXACTLY where that file is being used without having to manually search through the surfaces area? Like having it point to the locations it's used, say Base Color, toenails or whatever.

The reason I ask is because I'm changing the file names and editing most of them and as I switch them over to the new files and locations and move the old ones, I seem to miss switching some here and there, and then I have to look at the surfaces tab again and again to try and locate the file I missed switching.

As an example say after switching the files over and then deleting the old ones, I then load up the character, and it says 'Skin--TayloyTaylor-Skin--Sydney8_Legs_NM_10003.tif ' is missing and then I undelete that file so that it can load properly, can I find out where that tif is being used. Because I swear at some points I've gone up and down all the leg related, or just all the surfaces and I just cannot see that file in use anymore after switching it over to the new ones; yet Daz says it's still being used somewhere.
I'm not aware of any functionality built-in to Daz that would search for a image file that is part of a material surface.

Perhaps it would be possible to acheive what you want with Daz scripting however. I;m not sure if you are a programmer type, but if you are game, there's a few resources out there:

MCasual has many useful scripts.

and of course the Daz forums have various threads about scripting, i.e.

You could also ask the same question in the Daz forums themselves, maybe someone can help more...

Reactions: Yonamous

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I'm not aware of any functionality built-in to Daz that would search for a image file that is part of a material surface.

Perhaps it would be possible to acheive what you want with Daz scripting however. I;m not sure if you are a programmer type, but if you are game, there's a few resources out there:

MCasual has many useful scripts.

and of course the Daz forums have various threads about scripting, i.e.

You could also ask the same question in the Daz forums themselves, maybe someone can help more...
I'm not the best with scripting, but perhaps I can work something out. Thanks for the help.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
How do we save an edited outfit?

I have a dress with a bow I don't like so used the Geometry Editor for the first time and successfully deleted the bow. But now how can it be saved? Tried saving as Wearable Preset but that just saved the character and not even the dress. o_O

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Is there a way to save a character/actor with their assets into an area where it all can be found quickly and easily for being recalled and worked with. The same for scenes and assets associated with it. I know a saved .duf file has this in it but on more that one occasion I am finding that there is a need to add an actor or modify something for a scene and have to remember what/where ect to get to it......

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Is there panties and or bikini bottoms that can be moved fairly easily...?

8mes

Aug 24, 2016
How do we save an edited outfit?

I have a dress with a bow I don't like so used the Geometry Editor for the first time and successfully deleted the bow. But now how can it be saved? Tried saving as Wearable Preset but that just saved the character and not even the dress. o_O
You have to select the character when you are saving a Wearable preset.

Reactions: Boogie

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Is there panties and or bikini bottoms that can be moved fairly easily...?
Some do, most don't, some you can override with a 3rd product...

For example, I looked through about 50 different products for g3f, in there were about 10 different panties, and only one of those "Out Of Touch Top Model Lingerie" has a Shaping morph that shifts the crotch a little.

For a more universal solution, the "Fit Control For G3F" by Zev0 product has Underwear morphs that should be effective on nearly any clothing. The set of morph sliders include these:
  • Crotch Expose L
  • Crotch Expose R
  • Crotch Loosen 1
  • Crotch Loosen 2
I just did a quick test and get this with a random set of underwear:

1616587252190.png

Hope that helps...

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Some do, most don't, some you can override with a 3rd product...

For example, I looked through about 50 different products for g3f, in there were about 10 different panties, and only one of those "Out Of Touch Top Model Lingerie" has a Shaping morph that shifts the crotch a little.

For a more universal solution, the "Fit Control For G3F" by Zev0 product has Underwear morphs that should be effective on nearly any clothing. The set of morph sliders include these:
  • Crotch Expose L
  • Crotch Expose R
  • Crotch Loosen 1
  • Crotch Loosen 2
I just did a quick test and get this with a random set of underwear:

View attachment 1102153

Hope that helps...
Thanks that may be just what I need, wont hurt to try it out... (y)

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Your best bet is still just using Mesh Grabber. That way you can manipulate the clothing you like and not settle for clothes that have premade morphs.

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Probably a weird question.. What's the best asset with Daz for a virginity lose scene? For you know a little bit of blood..
A practical idea would be to use moneyshot creampied and exchange the shader (cream) for blood.
Iray Liquid shaders ... blood ..
cream.png
The other is to have a stomach, and to test some (butchery assets) of Renderotica ..
the purpose is not the same .. but ..
There must be some specific asset in some corner, but as the theme borders on T and deflowers..

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
A practical idea would be to use moneyshot creampied and exchange the shader (cream) for blood.
Iray Liquid shaders ... blood ..
View attachment 1105419
The other is to have a stomach, and to test some (butchery assets) of Renderotica ..
the purpose is not the same .. but ..
There must be some specific asset in some corner, but as the theme borders on T and deflowers..
Yea, asked a dev what they did, is a cum asset and a blood shader for a little bit a virgin blood, don't need a huge amount imo..

Just a tiny bit.. And if that doesn't work will have to do the good old pained expression or dialogue, cause too many devs just pass it over or make all the girls toy users that make the MC look like a dumbass for not knowing about the toys. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Aldnoah Zero

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Yea, asked a dev what they did, is a cum asset and a blood shader for a little bit a virgin blood, don't need a huge amount imo..

Just a tiny bit.. And if that doesn't work will have to do the good old pained expression or dialogue, cause too many devs just pass it over or make all the girls toy users that make the MC look like a dumbass for not knowing about the toys. :ROFLMAO:
Or mc wasn't the first ...... ntr:ROFLMAO:
As I said it is a complicated topic because it also involves blood ... and whoever (loses) is usually not the landlady ..
It works ... because moneyshot is made for the right places, some difficulty will be adjusting the color in Iray .

I thought it was strange that no one had answered .. (must enter the list of taboo topics as menopause)
Reminded me of this song..

Last edited:

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Or mc wasn't the first ...... ntr:ROFLMAO:
As I said it is a complicated topic because it also involves blood ... and whoever (loses) is usually not the landlady ..
It works ... because moneyshot is made for the right places, some difficulty will be adjusting the color in Iray .

I thought it was strange that no one had answered .. (must enter the list of taboo topics as menopause)
Reminded me of this song..
Honestly a shitty first time like A Family Venture did for Sidney is great idea, or torn from sports or some accident.. But toys is the usual for what ever reason.

Yea, probably right that it's a taboo thing. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Aldnoah Zero

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'd say watch a lot of DAZ's created (created by DAZ3d studio themselves) tutorials on Youtube, those are the best to learn from. Also join a discord channel that is dedicated to game making or DAZ3d that is also a lot of help. Otherwise it's down to time spent in DAZ and setup a scene in your mind you want to create and stop at nothing trying recreate it in daz.

Good luck bro...

What is the fastest way to learn DAZ? It is weird that there are no any courses on Udemy for it.

Reactions: humanno21
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote