3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Feb 3, 2020
Is there a product like Fit Control but for G8F hair? Some vendors include morphs like forehead depth/width, hairline height or volume that are very useful but some vendors don't bother with any.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Iray is a one of the rendering method of daz studio (ie it creates an image from a 3D scene). The other one is 3Delight. Iray is newer and supposed to be better than 3Delight but it requires more computing resources (and a GPU is strongly adviced to use iray).
Both technologies are embedded for free in daz studio.

Reactions: alexandro1969

Feb 3, 2020
What's the easiest way to add new permanent morph dials to existing hair or clothing products? By easiest I mean the shallowest learning curve for a noob. Is Hexgon easier to learn for Daz than Blender because it's part of the pacakge? Or is Zbrush better since all the serious 3D artists use it?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Have you considered mesh grabber? It lets you create transforms to a mesh directly in DazStudio and it now has an extensiàon to save or load any transform in a dialable morph. You are a bit limited wrt blender or hexagon, but if the transforms are not too complex, it is definitely the best in terms of learning curve.

Jan 22, 2020
I got the new Golden Palace v2 with the 8.1 fix and everything works fine except the 8.1 Mat Copy does not include the Geo Shell, so my model has a funky white pelvis. LOL Anyone solve this yet?

Asset Download Link:

1617386741760.png

Feb 3, 2020
Have you considered mesh grabber? It lets you create transforms to a mesh directly in DazStudio and it now has an extensiàon to save or load any transform in a dialable morph. You are a bit limited wrt blender or hexagon, but if the transforms are not too complex, it is definitely the best in terms of learning curve.
Thanks, I didn't know mesh grabber can do that. I looked it before and thought it was just for adjusting poke through and not creating new morphs.

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Hey,

I was wondering if there is a similar tool like Facebuilder for Blender ( available for any 3d program (preferably Daz3d though^^).
Saw some videos on YT and it looks dope.
It's like champions league compared to Facegen Artist and the built in Facetransfer who look like amateur league compared to it.
But it's for Blender and only comes with subscription license and I do prefer permanent licenses for various reasons.

Thanks,
Teri

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Does DAZ have a hidden backup or in progress auto save some where. I had a scene that I rendered and inadvertently clicked on a indiscriminate shut down routine that I have and lost it I think..

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Does DAZ have a hidden backup or in progress auto save some where. I had a scene that I rendered and inadvertently clicked on a indiscriminate shut down routine that I have and lost it I think..
There is a temp folder for renders in progress. I was once able to salvage an almost complete render after DAZ crashed on me.

It should be here:

C:\Users\**Your User Name**\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\RenderAlbumTmp

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Thanks, but nothing for scenes that are in work. The actual scene it self that is.

IndianaTK

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
Hey guys, incredibly basic and silly question but I cant seem to find an answer anywhere. I downloaded Daz watched some tutorials and I think I get it. Issue is, how do I add morphs?

I downloaded morphs from this site, added them to the folders. How do I actually enable them in Daz? Thanks

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Hey guys, incredibly basic and silly question but I cant seem to find an answer anywhere. I downloaded Daz watched some tutorials and I think I get it. Issue is, how do I add morphs?

I downloaded morphs from this site, added them to the folders. How do I actually enable them in Daz? Thanks
They are enabled automatically.

You find tehm typically under parameters.

Here is an example of Gen8 Female morphs:

1617664717202.png

You'll also find breast/face morphs etc there for example if you have added those morphs:

1617664844724.png

There at the bottom is for example the morph of a head I created from a 2d image using facegen artist.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
So with the Genesis 8.1 update, we received the "Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia for Female" asset which is exactly what it sounds like. Unfortunately though there seem to be a very limited number of Genesis 8.1 female characters with compatible materials. So far the ones I've found that do have compatible materials are:

All of them are Daz original characters, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other characters with compatible materials for the male genitalia. Would be great for those of us making futa characters. I know that XXY and Futalicious both have an 8.1 update now but it would be nice to have more options too.

Apr 18, 2021
Newbie here but artist familiar with DAZ studio.
See a lot of people talking about Honey Select but can't find an official website for that product.
Is HS like DAZ? Which would you recommend for developing a VN? I know DAZ has tons of content and supports animations, does HS? Also, how do people get around DAZ characters all kind of looking the same?
Thanks, sorry for so many questions.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
G
Newbie here but artist familiar with DAZ studio.
See a lot of people talking about Honey Select but can't find an official website for that product.
Is HS like DAZ? Which would you recommend for developing a VN? I know DAZ has tons of content and supports animations, does HS? Also, how do people get around DAZ characters all kind of looking the same?
Thanks, sorry for so many questions.
Honey Select is a game from Japanese company "Illusion". It also comes with a "Studio" component that allows free posing etc, which is what the artists use to make their stuff. The Illusion games come with a bunch of pre-recorded animation sequences for various sex acts, so that's the source of the animations in those derivative games. The 3d engine is a realtime renderer and does not use raytracing etc, so the quality of image you realistically get has a hard ceiling.
You can download Honey select and a TON of user created content etc via torrent or similar. It used to be available on the Hongfire and AnimeSharing forums, but at least one of those is shutdown now.

Note that HS based games look even more "all the same" than anything from Daz - the non-raytraced 3d engine makes everything look plastic, the "customisation sliders" for the characters are very limited, and the same old boring hair/clothing etc from the base game shows up again and again. And the male characters are basically always identical as there is no real customisation settings for those ones.

Games with Daz characters look the same if the artist is lazy and just uses one of the basic models with no customisation. If you take the time you can make all sorts of unique looking characters - with the caveat that 80%+ of the available models etc are 18-25yo skinny beautiful white girls. Also there are a few vendors that keep releasing nearly identical characters over and over again, which adds to the problem.

Re: Using Daz vs HS for a game:
Daz wins:
- versatility for customisation of the character and environment
- high level of achievable quality for the result images (but has a steep learning curve)
- quality of environment, props, characters, clothing models and textures
HS wins:
- speed of learning how to setup and render scenes
- speed of rendering (basically realtime)
- available sex animations

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
So with the Genesis 8.1 update, we received the "Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia for Female" asset which is exactly what it sounds like. Unfortunately though there seem to be a very limited number of Genesis 8.1 female characters with compatible materials. So far the ones I've found that do have compatible materials are:

All of them are Daz original characters, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other characters with compatible materials for the male genitalia. Would be great for those of us making futa characters. I know that XXY and Futalicious both have an 8.1 update now but it would be nice to have more options too.
I remember reading that there is a manual work around for the problem when the figure's materials are not correct for the automatic "copy materials" scripts that come with these genital add ons. Please note that i haven't looked for the original thread and this is from memory so might be completely wrong :sneaky:

It's a bit of a journey into the mechanics of how the 3d rendering process works, so you'll need a certain level of technical interest

The scripts generally look for the texture file used for the chest of the model and copies that to the image slot of the texture of the genital. Then the UV mapping of the genital is setup so that some part of the centre of that image is used. In some cases, the UV mapping (and thus location of the skin textures) in the model's own chest part are just not right for the uv mapping of the genital.

In this case, it's up to the user to work out how to find a better skin texture image, or copy and edit one of the skin images from the model so the pixels ARE in the right place for the genital texture. And then replace the genital's texture image with the better one.
You can use the Daz "UV Map" view mode to see the mapping of the genitals 3d model to the texture image( although this can sometime work pretty poorly). Alternatively, you might look at the texture packs associated with the genital to see if you can find examples of how the image should be located. If you are really hardcore, you can try importing the assets into Blender and look at the UV mappings there.

Reactions: Dilly_
Apr 18, 2021
Thank you for that in-depth reply! Very helpful and I'm so glad to see such a community as these forums coming together for creative endeavors.

Sounds like DAZ is the way to go! I'm an old guy and used Poser from the beginning. Recently upgraded to an RTX card so using Raytracing would definitely be nice. In the past I used Poser for drawing reference. Maybe things have changed from back in those days when every model looked like Victoria or her cousin. One thing I didn't like about Poser and DAZ was keeping up with the updates seemed impossible and the prices on their market were at times eye watering.

So it seems like there is a divide between fanbase of those who like 3D generated content vs "hand drawn" anime content. I wonder if any devs have tried a hybrid approach and painted over their renders to achieve a more organic feel? Anyway veering offtopic so thanks again.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote