3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

itsbumpin

Nov 15, 2017
So you're talking about the geograft genitals themselves?

Can't you just delete them from the scene object tree? the genitals should be a child of the G8.1F object.

I know I've successfully done this for the "headlights" nipple grafts and "dicktator" male genital grafts on G3 and G8 models before.

(Apologies if I am completely off track... I don't actually have Daz v4.15 / G8.1 installed yet due to issues with the version so I can't actually test to try to reproduce your issue)
Sorry, I know this is confusing. The Geograph genitalia isn't the issue. It's the UV map the NGV8 expansion creates called 'genitalia' that's the problem. Even if you remove NGV8 from the model the Genitalia UV will still be there covering the lower torso and thighs. I simply don't know how to get rid of that UV or return to the default genesis uv maps

8mes

Aug 24, 2016
Sorry, I know this is confusing. The Geograph genitalia isn't the issue. It's the UV map the NGV8 expansion creates called 'genitalia' that's the problem. Even if you remove NGV8 from the model the Genitalia UV will still be there covering the lower torso and thighs. I simply don't know how to get rid of that UV or return to the default genesis uv maps
You should be able to change which UV a surface uses in the surface tab. How to really fix your problem, I don't know... Maybe reinstall Genessis 8 essentials?

itsbumpin

Nov 15, 2017
You should be able to change which UV a surface uses in the surface tab. How to really fix your problem, I don't know... Maybe reinstall Genessis 8 essentials?
No, that wouldn't work. The Gen 8 model itself is fine. The problem isn't that I can't change the uv, it's that I can't remove the surface region that requires the UV. Here's an example of the texture NGV8 creates for the character which combines parts of the limbs and torso. GensMapD.jpg

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
my acount works fine its when i have instaled daz 3d and try to run as admin need elevted permisons here a screen shot as with out that permishens i cant log in to my account im useing daz 4.15 and been on daz foram n did as they say n no luck i istaled daz by run as admin so it get permishens but no luck
the message says it cannot be run with elevated permissions.
I.e. you need to run it with a different account that is NOT admin/does not have admin privileges -> just a boring standard user ;)

pKKy

Jul 27, 2019
Hey,

I have problem with eyebrows, is there any way to fix that?

Daz:
DSs.png
Character Creator 3:
87.PNG

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
how to use the growing up genesis 8 and 3 package? The options do not work for me ...
In what way is not it working?

Growing Up is just a bunch of morphs and morph presets. If you want to apply a preset to your character, select it in the Scene tab and go to People > Genesis 8 Female > Shapes > Growing Up and select your preset.

If you want to adjust the morphs yourself, go to the parameters tab with your character selected and search for "youth" (or any of the morph names listed on the product page)

If you've just installed it, you'll need to restart Daz before any of the morphs show up.

gasdm

Jan 25, 2018
In what way is not it working?

Growing Up is just a bunch of morphs and morph presets. If you want to apply a preset to your character, select it in the Scene tab and go to People > Genesis 8 Female > Shapes > Growing Up and select your preset.

If you want to adjust the morphs yourself, go to the parameters tab with your character selected and search for "youth" (or any of the morph names listed on the product page)

If you've just installed it, you'll need to restart Daz before any of the morphs show up.
save the growth pack, where I keep my files and when I select with the new character, it does nothing ...
install it wrong? or am I doing something wrong?

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
save the growth pack, where I keep my files and when I select with the new character, it does nothing ...
install it wrong? or am I doing something wrong?
If nothing is happening when you apply the preset, that could be indicative that you need to restart Daz. If you install morphs while Daz is open, you won't be able to use them until you restart the program.

If you share a screenshot of your content library and viewport, it would be easier to see if you've installed it correctly or not.

Lewdpanda95

Sep 9, 2018
Yeah, I did.
I never had them come out like that. Are they fibermesh brows? I attach export and import settings. Maybe they can help you somehow.

Edit: Yeah obviously they are fibermesh brows since regulary they are painted on the face texture. I guess CC3 can't handle fibermesh brows from DAZ.

Last edited:

gasdm

Jan 25, 2018
If nothing is happening when you apply the preset, that could be indicative that you need to restart Daz. If you install morphs while Daz is open, you won't be able to use them until you restart the program.

If you share a screenshot of your content library and viewport, it would be easier to see if you've installed it correctly or not.
I already found the solution, install it in my library and not in the DAZ3D program. Thank you very much and apologize for any inconvenience. Also excuse me for the spelling errors, I'm using a translator ... greetings from Argentina.

• Hey there
Reactions: osanaiko and Dilly_

Feb 3, 2020
Anyone know what these Daz log file warnings are and how to debug them? I haven't checked my log since installed G8.1 and today saw hundreds of them like these all referencing either 6777 or 6843:

021-05-06 19:33:16.653 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyelidsLowerUpDownL.dsf#ECTRLEyelidsLowerUpDownL?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EichhornArt/EA%20Palmira/eJCMPMEyeCloseLft.dsf
2021-05-06 19:33:16.731 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace_HD.dsf#eCTRLSmileOpenFullFace?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Kala%208/eJCMKala8_SmileOpenFullFace_HDLv3.dsf

Apr 18, 2021
So it appears that Daz Genesis 8.1 is so new that none of the existing tutorials online cover how to do things. For example, Subsurface Scattering is different on her now. Skin texture diffuse is different. Been hitting my hear against a wall all day on how to lighten up dark eyes, even with Translucency Weight all the way down they are still dark -_-

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
These are the same model. The one on the left is original and a keeper but I lost the gen's coloring so I was going to rebuild her, and see if the colors came back. The one on the right is the new one that every thing is the same except the skinning and mat coloring, and then came a memory issue. I ran out of memory! Not on the machine, "MINE" for the life of me I can't remember what mat's I used for the on on the left. I do have an excuse though. :) Bet ya can't guess what it is.
I did figure out the coloring issue on the original on the left. Just delete the gen's and put them back on and color was back.

sister rebuild test.jpg

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Is there a way to find out what I used on the model on the left.....

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Is there a way to find out what I used on the model on the left.....
i beleive you can find the saved scene file (with the model saved with the skin you want to rediscover) and open/extract it because it is actually a zip with a different extension. Then the content should be human readable JSON. on here you might be able to find the paths to the images used as the textures. from there, you should be able to look at the names of the directory structure and find out the name of the creator/artist. hopefully that leads you where you need to go.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
i beleive you can find the saved scene file (with the model saved with the skin you want to rediscover) and open/extract it because it is actually a zip with a different extension. Then the content should be human readable JSON. on here you might be able to find the paths to the images used as the textures. from there, you should be able to look at the names of the directory structure and find out the name of the creator/artist. hopefully that leads you where you need to go.
Thanks I will look into that and see what I find.....

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
So it appears that Daz Genesis 8.1 is so new that none of the existing tutorials online cover how to do things. For example, Subsurface Scattering is different on her now. Skin texture diffuse is different. Been hitting my hear against a wall all day on how to lighten up dark eyes, even with Translucency Weight all the way down they are still dark -_-
Your message is a few days old so you might have solved this already by now buuuuut....

"dark eyes" happens often when the character model is a long way from the scene origin point. it's a "limitation" (cough BUG cough) of Iray and something to do with floating point (im)precision (according to wise people in the daz official forums).

If your model is located significant distance from origin try moving everything (create a null and parent everything to it, then move the null until the character(s) are close to 0,0,0) and see if that helps.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote