Answering DAZ questions!

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
Hi I'm doing genitals with dicktator asset but in the unity genial texture doesn't match with body how can I fix this
I have no clue about using daz assets with unity but when applying the dicktator gen in daz you have to click the mat copy button which makes it match your characters skin before applying the shell. Hope this helps in some way.

1582562156861.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
another way to put a character/prop somewhere in the scene easier, you can hold down the left alt key, and drag the prop/character to the location and drop it where you want it to load.

i've got a question i'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but not sure if it warrants a thread on its own.

i recently upgraded my pc big time, mainly to get more out of daz studio. going from a 4 core intel, 16gb ddr3, 980ti, to an 8 core amd 3800x, 32 gb ddr4 ram, and a 2080 ti.

my problem is some characters i've created are very slow to move around, pose, adjust etc. there is lag and delay, even rotating the viewport and adjusting sliders etc. i've noticed its on the characters that have HD morphs added, at least i think so. its strange because i can load a character with tons of alterations and have it work fine, crystal smooth etc. but other characters lag everything out.

i was wondering if you or anyone has come across anything like this, and is there a way to get stuff to run smoother?

this is just normal texture shader viewport, not iray or anything.
Your system is better than mine and I have no problem unless I overload the scene with dozens of assets.
I suspect you didn't change the interface settings?
If so, go to edit -> preferences -> interface, and change display optimization to "best".

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
I have no clue about using daz assets with unity but when applying the dicktator gen in daz you have to click the mat copy button which makes it match your characters skin before applying the shell. Hope this helps in some way.

View attachment 564764
Yep I did but that thing but realistic texures and other things attaching on the shell. Base genital copying the human textures

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
+1 to the KUDOS to this in depth how to. Bravo

I would like to ask thought...

"I'm not going to bother adding genitalia since it's the same thing as adding anything else to the character. "

If you get the time, could you do a walk through on that? The reason I ask is that I have run into occasions where the model I am using doesn't come with Gens... (DAZ doesn't really make the Gen ad-on available unless you get a Pro Bundle...)
So when I get my G8, add the G8 Gens, unless there is a gen mat included, I don't know how to make the grey girly bits the same skin color as the rest of the model.

I hope that makes sense...
Don't bother with official daz genitalia, most people use third party assets which have all the features you would ever need like material copying to make them compatible with all character skins. For male I personally use XY https://f95zone.to/threads/xy-v1-5-g8m.22346/ but a lot of people use Dicktator https://f95zone.to/threads/dicktator-for-genesis-8-male.7758/ . For female I suggest using new gens for victoria 8 https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-g3f-g8f.10617/ and getting the expansion for it https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-expansion-pack.30381/ . You can also use golden palace which is another good asset https://f95zone.to/threads/golden-palace-for-genesis-8-female-v2-december-2018.31217/ . These all come with a step by step setup to make them work for all characters of the same generation.

1582563940204.png

Reactions: FeralGods

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
is it possible to set up the smart content with pirated content?
If the content is in an IM000 rar file then yes. Just drag the IM000 files into C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

1582565151285.png

then open up install manager and the new files you added will be in the ready to install tab. Once you install them you can delete the IM000 files from that folder since they are already extracted. Unless you want to keep them as a backup but the file size adds up quickly.

1582565269878.png

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
I've never exported anything into a game engine so I don't know how to help you. I only know what works within daz. I would suggest reaching out to a dev who has dealt with this.
thats hard to find (most of devs working on ren'py unity versions using like ren'py) but I'll find ok then thx mate I got a question in daz I'm sure of it :D anyway I'm working on genesis 8 after the merge thing eyebrows and hairs changing their position after 3-4 days of researching I found a way to to deal with before the merge I'm deleting eyebrows and hair after bringing back to my model everything working perfectly but I'm sure this is not proper way to do it is there a proper way to deal with this

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
thats hard to find (most of devs working on ren'py unity versions using like ren'py) but I'll find ok then thx mate I got a question in daz I'm sure of it :D anyway I'm working on genesis 8 after the merge thing eyebrows and hairs changing their position after 3-4 days of researching I found a way to to deal with before the merge I'm deleting eyebrows and hair after bringing back to my model everything working perfectly but I'm sure this is not proper way to do it is there a proper way to deal with this
I'm not sure I understand what your talking about. Are you talking about hair moving when you add characters to your scene? or applying hair to characters?

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
I'm not sure I understand what your talking about. Are you talking about hair moving when you add characters to your scene? or applying hair to characters?
I'm talking about this as u can see end of video eyebrows repositioning how can I solve this (I got a way to deal but that way is not proper way)

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
I'm talking about this as u can see end of video eyebrows repositioning how can I solve this (I got a way to deal but that way is not proper way)
I've never had this problem so I can't give you an exact answer, but have you tried making sure it's actually fit to your character? If the hairs are in your character object that doesn't always mean that they are fitted to the model.

If you look on the bottom right of my screen where my cursor is you can see that her eyelashes are fit to the model
1582566804348.png

Have you tried saving your character as a scene subset then adding it in to your scene as an asset? This is what I do and I've never came across this problem before, so maybe that can solve it for you.

1582567092758.png

1582567124627.png

1582567296754.png

uhohitsuhoh

May 21, 2017
I honestly don't know much about ryzen performance with daz since I only use intel. I use an i7-8700k and everything runs very smoothly for me but I still only use my gpu for rendering.
Yea. Its strange because I can load large scenes and characters and get smooth performance moving everything around. Its just some characters that can bog it down by themselves. Nothing else in the scene, trying to click a slider or adjust the viewport becomes laggy.

I'm not sure whats causing it, an "older" woman character seems to do it the most, and it has hd morphs, along with like stretchmarks and cellulite added, aging morphs, dforce hair etc. Now that I think about it maybe it is the hair? I had to play with it to get it to show up in the viewport at all so maybe that is what is doing it? Otherwise it just looked like a tinted scalp basically and wouldn't appear until actually rendered. hmm.

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
Yea. Its strange because I can load large scenes and characters and get smooth performance moving everything around. Its just some characters that can bog it down by themselves. Nothing else in the scene, trying to click a slider or adjust the viewport becomes laggy.

I'm not sure whats causing it, an "older" woman character seems to do it the most, and it has hd morphs, along with like stretchmarks and cellulite added, aging morphs, dforce hair etc. Now that I think about it maybe it is the hair? I had to play with it to get it to show up in the viewport at all so maybe that is what is doing it? Otherwise it just looked like a tinted scalp basically and wouldn't appear until actually rendered. hmm.
I've had problems with hair lagging my scene before I would suggest looking at the polycount. Also dforce hairs tend to have more impact on performance as well

uhohitsuhoh

May 21, 2017
Your system is better than mine and I have no problem unless I overload the scene with dozens of assets.
I suspect you didn't change the interface settings?
If so, go to edit -> preferences -> interface, and change display optimization to "best".
I did, i even set the texture thing all the way to performance as well. It only does it with a couple specific custom characters, I'm thinking it has to be some weird asset or HD slider or something? Was just wondering if there was a simple fix but I'll have to root around more I think.

wolfgangmami

Mar 16, 2018
I've never had this problem so I can't give you an exact answer, but have you tried making sure it's actually fit to your character? If the hairs are in your character object that doesn't always mean that they are fitted to the model.

If you look on the bottom right of my screen where my cursor is you can see that her eyelashes are fit to the model
View attachment 564814

Have you tried saving your character as a scene subset then adding it in to your scene as an asset? This is what I do and I've never came across this problem before, so maybe that can solve it for you.

View attachment 564817

View attachment 564818

View attachment 564819
Yep always fitted even the basic model. I tried ur solution but it didn't work maybe this is a bug for me I dunno but I found a solution before the merge delete eyebrows and hair. After that do merge. Last one is bring deleted things. Alright Last question I'll be off I know u are not exporting and u are not using unity but maybe u know something I want to make export clothing and human separately are u doing some re-rig or special thing to do ? because I am asking this maybe u are making animation on other softwares blender or etc I'm watching this I did what instructor said but somehow in the unity while the rigging the clothes unity giving missing bone error

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
Yep always fitted even the basic model. I tried ur solution but it didn't work maybe this is a bug for me I dunno but I found a solution before the merge delete eyebrows and hair. After that do merge. Last one is bring deleted things. Alright Last question I'll be off I know u are not exporting and u are not using unity but maybe u know something I want to make export clothing and human separately are u doing some re-rig or special thing to do ? because I am asking this maybe u are making animation on other softwares blender or etc I'm watching this I did what instructor said but somehow in the unity while the rigging the clothes unity giving missing bone error
I don't know about any of this. The only time I use blender is when I want to render my own models outside of a daz scene. I've never had to re rig anything

shao0647

Feb 18, 2020
Holloweenie followed your tutorial as best I could (for a first timer). 2.5 hours to 100% render (i7 4790k and GTX 1080). Stock background that came with Daz; I didn't have any good room assets when I started on it today. I'll have to get some...

Your thoughts? Be honest (this is for anyone with daz experience, feel free to critique); don't worry about hurting my feelings :p

Personally:
-I think it's too bright; needed to play with the lighting a lot more. Either the spotlight or the plane light above needed to be turned down... maybe even both. The difficulty in that is, I can't "actively" work in iray; I have to work in texture shaded. I flip into iray and everything slows down (I'm thinking about buying a second 1080 to run in SLI; assuming that'll help a lot?).
-There's an issue with the pants fabric (I think?), in two places it looks like there are different fabrics being used... I'm assuming that's either a lighting thing, or intended by the asset. I can't really tell which, and I haven't gone back to play with it yet, since this just finished rendering.
-She's cute... Sorta. I think facial details like eyes, lips, makeup, and expressions are probably the next thing I need to start playing with. I (gasp) wish her bosom was a little smaller. That's gotta be in the body sliders. They look a little... large for her frame.