Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larva666

Dec 23, 2017
What is all this doubt and whining spread here? If you know this dev is one person and has made already one top quality game. This game looks to surpass it by quality but is loads of work. It is also the most unstable time in last 50 years. People and their close ones are dying. Have you considered that possibility and how that could affect this kind of project that devs typically work after their primary day time job. Whining is never cool and be supportive!

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
What is all this doubt and whining spread here? If you know this dev is one person and has made already one top quality game. This game looks to surpass it by quality but is loads of work. It is also the most unstable time in last 50 years. People and their close ones are dying. Have you considered that possibility and how that could affect this kind of project that devs typically work after their primary day time job. Whining is never cool and be supportive!
hahahhhahahhhaha

speedballz

Jul 4, 2017
Bro you have something brown on your nose

SleepyWarrior

Jul 16, 2018
Just saw someone saying this game was in the making since 3 years but, wasn't Dark Neighborhood fully released 2019-06-26.
It hasn't even been two years since he started working on this game and by the look of it this game's quality is far higher so i'm ready to wait a bit more for it to happen.
The only real problem is, it might be indeed too ambitious to have all the scenes animated, even if it's not super advanced animation in some cases.

• Haha
Reactions: SSBBSNAKE

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Just saw someone saying this game was in the making since 3 years but, wasn't Dark Neighborhood fully released 2019-06-26.
It hasn't even been two years since he started working on this game and by the look of it this game's quality is far higher so i'm ready to wait a bit more for it to happen.
Waiting has never been a problem, IMHO. The only and sole problem was always the Dev's attitude : no communication and continuous missing deadlines. That's all.

moi69

May 9, 2018
Hello guys.
I know I missed another deadline, sorry. I'm not gonna make any more excuses, rather put my head down and work extra hard to finally publish the first release.

Its just ... I'm reeeaaally unfortunate, you know.

I got hit by a car after an old lady sneezed in my face, so I had to spend 2 months in the hospital recouperating from a broken leg. Turns out while I'm there, that the old lady must've infected me with coronavirus.

The accident happened while I was on the way to the vet. The plan was to surgically remove the harddrive (which had most of the renders and animations on it) from my dog's stomache. Imagine coming home one night and finding your beloved pet has swallowed all your hard work before you were able to make backups. I was completely destrought.

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of hanging wanted posters all over the city, because amidst all the chaos during the initial accident, my dog ran off and I haven't seen him since. I really hope we can manage to find him, or I'll have to start creating a new game from scratch.

Well, this concludes the long anticipated update.
Remember guys, never lose faith! :) ... Oh and keep the patreon money coming. :cool:

I hope you understand my unique circumstances and the problems they keep creating.
See you next month ... maybe :KEK:

Champ-Champ

Jan 11, 2018
Hello guys.
I know I missed another deadline, sorry. I'm not gonna make any more excuses, rather put my head down and work extra hard to finally publish the first release.

I got hit by a car after an old lady sneezed in my face, so I had to spend 2 months in the hospital recouperating from a broken leg. Turns out while I'm there, that the old lady must've infected me with coronavirus.

The accident happened while I was on the way to the vet. The plan was to surgically remove the harddrive (which had most of the renders and animations on it) from my dog's stomache. Imagine coming home one night and finding your beloved pet has swallowed all your hard work before you were able to make backups. I was completely destrought.

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of hanging wanted posters all over the city, because amidst all the chaos during the initial accident, my dog ran off and I haven't seen him since. I really hope we can manage to find him, or I'll have to start creating a new game from scratch.

Remember guys, never lose faith! :) ... Oh and keep the patreon money coming. :cool:

I hope you understand my unique circumstances and the problems they keep creating.
quality shit post right there gents!

Reactions: User1230

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hello guys.

WTF did I just read?

Reactions: User1230
Status
Not open for further replies.