Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooble

May 3, 2018
What does a developer gain from staying quiet? Just say theres problems or complications and pause the patreon. I'd rather a dev lie and pause the patreon than stay in the dark.

Reactions: Kakato and gale94
Oct 24, 2017
Your character models are gorgeous. Will definitely be following your game's progress and possibly even donate at some point!
(y)

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Im yet to see anything on the discord, you can join it and check it out to see yourself
I'm a mod on that discord and he's plenty active and answering questions. We may give people shit off and on for asking about updates every few hours (kinda like here), but if there is any new info, it does make it into the community.

Dooble

May 3, 2018
At least specifically in the updates section of the discord where it would make the most sense. I don't want to ask and get in trouble for having to ask if anything new has been talked about every few days or so and I don't wanna have to scroll up and search for crap either.

freakanime

Oct 14, 2018
At least specifically in the updates section of the discord where it would make the most sense. I don't want to ask and get in trouble for having to ask if anything new has been talked about every few days or so and I don't wanna have to scroll up and search for crap either.
Well they are still communicating to their subs which you are implying they aren't.

Update announcement is iffy to update regularly maybe a tracker is better but given that this is the first release it is really hard blame a dev for delays since maybe they want to polish it more or add more content etc.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
from what i can see from the teasers , id say the delay is justified , thats quality renders right there .
Then please, explain me how in the world does a dev like NLT Media, manages to pull out monster quality updates almost every 2/3 weeks ? If you played Summer with Mom and Sis, Lust Epidemic or The Treasure of Nadia, you know what I'm talking about.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Well they are still communicating to their subs which you are implying they aren't.

Update announcement is iffy to update regularly maybe a tracker is better but given that this is the first release it is really hard blame a dev for delays since maybe they want to polish it more or add more content etc.
I don't know for others, Man, but as far as I'm concerned, I said it before and I'll say it again : Psychodelusional was a Dev who interacted with the community in the past. Since he started this new game, I didn't see him once here. Why ? Did he forget all the fans/patreons he got from here ? And now, Mr does communicate only on Discord. Well, even if I'm on discord too, I won't follow him. Come on, he forgot this site URL or what ? This is really disrespectful towards the ones who always supported him here, even if it's not financially.

freakanime

Oct 14, 2018
I mean sure dev can come here but what more can the dev relay here that aren't posted in Patreon.

It isn't like the dev didn't communicate at all for a span of 3months like what I said they communicate in discord and last post about the game development in Patreon is feb 28.

So what more can the dev do have some weekly update about the progress?

We already had the previews some animation previews etc so last thing would be the game being release hopefully it would be this month.

Reactions: Xumeey

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Then please, explain me how in the world does a dev like NLT Media, manages to pull out monster quality updates almost every 2/3 weeks ? If you played Summer with Mom and Sis, Lust Epidemic or The Treasure of Nadia, you know what I'm talking about.
Most devs are amateurs with zero work ethic and lack constancy.
Working 8 hours or more a day is something you have to get used to. Add that many devs are very young and this is their first job and monthly paycheck. If you have distractions, like when you are your own boss or work at home, things get even more complicated plus now they have money to spent.
So yeah, very few devs work like NLT Media or Evakiss, never missing a deadline and delivering content nonstop.

NaughtyDeveloper

Game Developer
Jun 29, 2017
from what I know... NLT media has experience + a very powerful system and a team while psychodelusional is a lone wolf + less experience than NLT + not sure about the system... But above two reasons are enough for satisfying your urge to know why NLT produces 2 updates every week while others are not that good with their timings.

Oct 20, 2018
I don't know for others, Man, but as far as I'm concerned, I said it before and I'll say it again : Psychodelusional was a Dev who interacted with the community in the past. Since he started this new game, I didn't see him once here. Why ? Did he forget all the fans/patreons he got from here ? And now, Mr does communicate only on Discord. Well, even if I'm on discord too, I won't follow him. Come on, he forgot this site URL or what ? This is really disrespectful towards the ones who always supported him here, even if it's not financially.
NLT is a team of 6 , pysho im not sure if hes lone ranger or team .

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kakato
Status
Not open for further replies.