Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
From personal experience, Patrons are usually the least upset and most understanding of delays.
You are a lot less likely to be honest on patron than somewhere like here, in a fan sub reddit positive thoughts are heavily encouraged and negative thoughts heavily discouraged.

I've voiced my displeasure here from the developers of Summer Time saga but never said anything on Patron when I walked away after the Diane update.

I'm not saying there's an issue here, the games not even out yet and some people are just a bit antsy but silence doesn't always mean Rosey.

Reactions: Jun34
Jul 23, 2017
You are a lot less likely to be honest on patron than somewhere like here, in a fan sub reddit positive thoughts are heavily encouraged and negative thoughts heavily discouraged.

I've voiced my displeasure here from the developers of Summer Time saga but never said anything on Patron when I walked away after the Diane update.

I'm not saying there's an issue here, the games not even out yet and some people are just a bit antsy but silence doesn't always mean Rosey.
He banned me from his discord because I mentioned that he's milking his patrons. I was a patron until he banned me. This guy keeps putting shit off but hes earning 1k per month for at least the last 6-7 months and apparently he's not finished... I feel like I should be able to voice my concerns about MY money that he's being given. He barely updates his patrons at all and yet he's constantly talking on discord...I feel like because his first game did so well he's now becoming greedy.

Jul 23, 2017
I totally understand that. As I said in my previous post, I do respect Psychodelusional work. Thing is (I'm not saying that in an agressive or disrespectful way) that he should know by now that giving out deadlines and not meeting them kinda causes frustration among the fans here on F95.

As you said, a lot of devs meet unexpected issues and releases get delayed. It's understandable...Shit happens. We are humans. However, among the " spam/negative/troll vibes " we usually feel in some threads, there are some patient non-pledgers who trust his words and are dissapointed the 3rd or 4th time the date given is reported. Never thought I'd say that, but I think, IMHO, that psychodelusional should now adopt the " Hopesgaming attitude " and stop giving out releases dates. It'll be done when it'll be done is a better choice in order to stop those kind of dissapointments. Don't you think? :unsure:
100% agree my dude. He's starting too annoy people that he keeps doing this and as a former patron until he kicked me from his server because I pointed out that it seems like he's milking his patrons, I have to say he's heading towards losing more. Yes he updates with pictures a like 2 second animations/gifs but he's not actually proving that he's got a somewhat working game. In Dark Neighbourhood he at least had screenshots of some scenes with text but he shows nothing for this. For all we could know he's just making 3d picture art and doing nothing else? He's not doing much to show that he's actually making a game. Of course all his white knight buddies are jumping to insult anyone who says something else. Its beginning to look like the Wootch situation that happened a few years back :p

Reactions: Jubz and Chin1983

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
100% agree my dude. He's starting too annoy people that he keeps doing this and as a former patron until he kicked me from his server because I pointed out that it seems like he's milking his patrons, I have to say he's heading towards losing more. Yes he updates with pictures a like 2 second animations/gifs but he's not actually proving that he's got a somewhat working game. In Dark Neighbourhood he at least had screenshots of some scenes with text but he shows nothing for this. For all we could know he's just making 3d picture art and doing nothing else? He's not doing much to show that he's actually making a game. Of course all his white knight buddies are jumping to insult anyone who says something else. Its beginning to look like the Wootch situation that happened a few years back :p
I was so mad about wootch dman i need a GF buut his first game was awesome and he alwaus deliver in time. I keep trust in him until mid march i say.
I think he only show the 2 second animation because first its new and it show the difference with the first game bud. Just the one with evelyn 'landlady' butt showerr is astonish

obibobi

May 10, 2017
He banned me from his discord because I mentioned that he's milking his patrons. I was a patron until he banned me. This guy keeps putting shit off but hes earning 1k per month for at least the last 6-7 months and apparently he's not finished... I feel like I should be able to voice my concerns about MY money that he's being given. He barely updates his patrons at all and yet he's constantly talking on discord...I feel like because his first game did so well he's now becoming greedy.
The other issue is people's differing views on things like this. I personally don't throw accusations of milking the patrons lightly, especially not in a situation like this, this isn't a Milfy City sittuation. The dev is making a brand new game so until it's out it's hard to measure whether the wait is worth it and IMO 1k isn't enough for a milking situation off the back of a completed game.

This is a make or break situation for psychodelusional, this game is clearly more ambitious, with broader appeal than Dark Neighborhood and make him one of the standouts.

DaDUde

Jul 16, 2017
Well, I'm happy I didn't become a patreon since the game got so much delayed but the renders look outstanding. Let's see how this plays out, maybe the game will be great and more people, me included, will be willing to join his Patreon.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
The other issue is people's differing views on things like this. I personally don't throw accusations of milking the patrons lightly, especially not in a situation like this, this isn't a Milfy City sittuation. The dev is making a brand new game so until it's out it's hard to measure whether the wait is worth it and IMO 1k isn't enough for a milking situation off the back of a completed game.

This is a make or break situation for psychodelusional, this game is clearly more ambitious, with broader appeal than Dark Neighborhood and make him one of the standouts.
well said

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Frustration and anger is a natural response when something or somebody didn't meet our expectations. Im just glad that instead of being pissed at the developer i can channel my frustration at some of the stupid ass posts in this thread. Keep em coming boys.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Frustration and anger is a natural response when something or somebody didn't meet our expectations. Im just glad that instead of being pissed at the developer i can channel my frustration at some of the stupid ass posts in this thread. Keep em coming boys.
Such a badass. Haha

Larva666

Dec 23, 2017
Hi all, give the creator some slack. Like he has stated he has quite big plans for this game and it must be hard. Look games like TimeStamps it took a good while before they got the production running in the beginning. Once Psycho gets the template/body done for the production I am sure he delivers...and good!:) Last game was amazing on this scene and I support him<3

Status
Not open for further replies.