Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
No we're still waiting for it, no idea where the production stands right now though.
Thanks for the answer.
By the way I tried to play dark neighborhood in mac but the 7z archive didn´t work. Do you know where can I find the whole game for mac?
Cheers !

Last edited:

HunterWithEH

Feb 20, 2018
23.png

Unlocked

Apocalust - Gameplay Preview and Progress Update

Hello Patrons!
I uploaded a new gameplay clip for you to check out here: (enable sound!)

(Edited this in, should be decent quality but is triple compressed.)
(Because a lot of the game is made of webms, uploading is double compressed so just keep that in mind. The actual game is a lot smoother + clear!)
This post is mainly to show off some of the dialogue and animation stuff. There is still some cool quality/interaction features I am working on as well.
I did throw in a preview of the skill branch for the "Devil's Hands" in there. If you look back a few previews, you might have an idea of how that affects the lewd stuff but that one in particular is mainly to do with the story/function of the game.
The LP you saw there stands for (you guessed it) lust points, which are a resource for upgrading your powers in the game. You optimize the LP you gain by exploring alternate dialogue options, playing the main story, as well as finding some of the smaller tease scenes throughout the game.
At 0.1 launch there will be at least 2 powers. Clairvoyance, and the Devil's Hands, though I am working on a third that I want to get in there as well!
There are choices in the game and multiple dialogue options. They are not massive branching paths since it's my preference to see most of the content on a single play through, though there are still alternate things you can do and extras to see.
What I am doing mainly right now are the activities as well as adding some more unique stuff to the exploration. I feel a lot of the moving around/format is pretty good but also a bit samey to some of the other games out there, so I am going to be putting a lot of effort into making the whole game unique and more game like than VN. (But with very minal/no grind still.)
I would say I am about 90% done, the game is turning out well, but if I really want it to be what I intended, I simply have to put more work into the interactivity elements which for me is the hardest because I'm not the best coder just yet.
So yeah, the game is going to go into next month. How far after that, I am not 100% sure, though ultimately, the game will be what I originally envisioned.
Also, this is the third time I took over a month to post, I kept getting in my head about what people will think of how the game is turning out, how long I am taking, and wanting to show the perfect thing, but at the end of the day there's no excuse and I am going to do a progress post at least bi weekly from now on to keep all of you patrons in the loop!
Anyhow, I hope you like my little clip, it's just to give a bit of a taste of what the game is going for, a bit more of an RPG focus rather than mainly reading like my old game.
Thanks a million for all the support and I will talk to you again soon!

(Actually soon, not 2 months from now.)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
View attachment 699161

Unlocked

Hello Patrons!

(Because a lot of the game is made of webms, uploading is double compressed so just keep that in mind. The actual game is a lot smoother + clear!)
This post is mainly to show off some of the dialogue and animation stuff. There is still some cool quality/interaction features I am working on as well.
I did throw in a preview of the skill branch for the "Devil's Hands" in there. If you look back a few previews, you might have an idea of how that affects the lewd stuff but that one in particular is mainly to do with the story/function of the game.
The LP you saw there stands for (you guessed it) lust points, which are a resource for upgrading your powers in the game. You optimize the LP you gain by exploring alternate dialogue options, playing the main story, as well as finding some of the smaller tease scenes throughout the game.
At 0.1 launch there will be at least 2 powers. Clairvoyance, and the Devil's Hands, though I am working on a third that I want to get in there as well!
There are choices in the game and multiple dialogue options. They are not massive branching paths since it's my preference to see most of the content on a single play through, though there are still alternate things you can do and extras to see.
What I am doing mainly right now are the activities as well as adding some more unique stuff to the exploration. I feel a lot of the moving around/format is pretty good but also a bit samey to some of the other games out there, so I am going to be putting a lot of effort into making the whole game unique and more game like than VN. (But with very minal/no grind still.)
I would say I am about 90% done, the game is turning out well, but if I really want it to be what I intended, I simply have to put more work into the interactivity elements which for me is the hardest because I'm not the best coder just yet.
So yeah, the game is going to go into next month. How far after that, I am not 100% sure, though ultimately, the game will be what I originally envisioned.
Also, this is the third time I took over a month to post, I kept getting in my head about what people will think of how the game is turning out, how long I am taking, and wanting to show the perfect thing, but at the end of the day there's no excuse and I am going to do a progress post at least bi weekly from now on to keep all of you patrons in the loop!
Anyhow, I hope you like my little clip, it's just to give a bit of a taste of what the game is going for, a bit more of an RPG focus rather than mainly reading like my old game.

That's stunning! Ridiculously good-looking and better than his previous work. It looks so pro that I'm fearing my old potato won't be able to cope with it :(

Reaver

May 31, 2017
If I had money to give I would, but life seems to just keep taking everything i make. :/

Vuynjou

Jul 3, 2019
View attachment 699161

Unlocked

Hello Patrons!

Damn this looks absolutely beautiful, i can hear my laptop fans working overtime after seeing the gameplay preview

Last edited:

titsucker22

Nov 5, 2019
View attachment 699161

Unlocked

Hello Patrons!

this increase my hunger more for the game, when it gonna release, he said 1 and half months ago in discord the 90% work is complete, anybody have any idea ?

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
Status
Not open for further replies.