Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Can someone post the render from pateon?
Probably not. He's only making those renders available to the $30 per month patrons. This doesn't really help him rebut accusations of "milking", sadly. I know it costs money to make these games, but that's kind of a flimsy reward for $30 a month, and that even 20 dollar a month patrons can't access it is kind of bad.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Since there are no links to the game within this thread, I am going to take a stab at the dark and say that it's most likely a Patreon only game that they are posting renders of through here?

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
Since there are no links to the game within this thread, I am going to take a stab at the dark and say that it's most likely a Patreon only game that they are posting renders of through here?
No, the game has yet to release. This started out as just a small discussion thread before it drops. However, it's grown a pretty big amount of hype/frustration with how promising it looks but also how the dev has yet to announce a release date.

mp7

Aug 23, 2020
take so many time to release if he release it in the next post.
i am afraid for the updates how many time take to releases

• Haha
Reactions: BatmanNinja

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
If someone thinks I'm being unfair to PD, let me know. I logged in to Patreon to be a $1 donor(I'm strapped like millions of others thanks to COVID), and then got the message that the renders were only for $30 super-patrons. It rubbed me the wrong way, to say the least. Is there some asset or piece of hardware PD needs extra money to buy or something?

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Man a few months ago i posted how it would be disappointing if the game passed the 1 year mark of still being in production, well more than a year later it still is with no clear sign of it coming out any time soon.

And also it's hard for me to see this move as anything but pure greed, when you post a preview on your patreon that only your highest patrons can see, that's a really low blow for the people that gave him 10 and 20 bucks for over a year based on blind faith alone.

The saddest part is that the game will eventually come out, probably in a few months, maybe before this year is over if we are lucky, then people will forget everything because hype and short term satisfaction melts everyone's brains, all will be forgiven and then everyone will forget to ask the question of what now? We gonna wait 6+ month for every update? Because i am gonna be honest with you guys unless he plans to release 5 minute long updates i have no idea how he will be able to maintain the usual 2-4 month release schedule other games do, while also maintaining the level of quality he has shown in the previews. I just don't see it. I predict this update coming out in 2-3 months from now and after that about 8-10 months for the next update, that just wont be worth it, hopefully i am wrong.

Last edited:

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Man a few months ago i posted how it would be disappointing if the game past the 1 year mark of still being in production, well more than a year later it still is with no clear sign of it coming out any time soon.

And also it's hard for me to see this move as anything but pure greed, when you post a preview on your patreon that only your highest patrons can see, that's a really low blow for the people that gave him 10 and 20 bucks for over a year based on blind faith alone.

The saddest part is that the game will eventually come out, probably in a few months, maybe before this year is over if we are lucky, then people will forget everything because hype and short term satisfaction melts everyone's brains, all will be forgiven and then everyone will forget to ask the question of what now? We gonna wait 6+ month for every update? Because i am gonna be honest with you guys unless he plans to release 5 minute long updates i have no idea how he will be able to maintain the usual 2-4 month release schedule other games do, while also maintaining the level of quality he has shown in the previews. I just don't see it. I predict this update coming out in 2-3 months from now and after that about 8-10 months for the next update, that's just wont be worth it, hopefully i am wrong.
I think he'll release 0.1 this year, and maybe we'll get 2 updates next year. If he doesn't hire someone to help, then we'll get 1 update in 2022, maybe 1 in 2023 before he runs out of gas/inspiration/burns out. If he could sustain a healthy update pace and the game lives up to expectations, PD could pull in six figures a year for the next couple years. If not, he stalls out at about double or triple what he's getting now and then it's hard to get support for the next project. Lotta pressure, admittedly.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
He's more communicative on Discord than on Patreon so people should go there instead.
But it's true that he should post more often for his patrons, and not only to upload the special renders for $30 supporters after one month of silence.
Hopefully he'll soon have stockpiled enough content so he can publish a v.0.1 at long last.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
Status
Not open for further replies.