Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faahresc

Professional Writer
May 30, 2020
Try not to take the piss so much, guys. People do want legit updates on this(still).
Well i regularly check devs discord everyday to see if there is something new about the game. I saw few people on there asked about the game if its onhold or abandoned. After that question one of the admins said;
"neither, game still being worked on check patreon for more info."
This conversation happenned 2 months ago. In my opinion yea maybe dev couldnt release the game as he expected and promised to fans, but he didnt oficially announced game is onhold or abandoned i think he is going to release the first episode at least sooner or later. There is nothing new about the game on patreon for almost a month. His last update on patreon released in "AUG 21" He also released a teaser 4 months ago. I think he couldnt release the game as he promised because of the funds. He is trying to do something bigger than most of the people trying rn in adult visual novel category. I mean you can clearly see how smooth and amazing the graphics are if you take a closer look at his renders and the trailer for the game he released. Like i said it might take more time than we expect, because of these reasons i mentioned but at least i still have a hope for now as long as he is not announcing he is stopping the developement for the game.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: BettyCrocker

MP-Max

Jun 28, 2018
Unfortunately , to make a very good game the dev needs a team, at least three people, a game like we see in the trailer can aspire to make good money like nlt or icstor in a few months.

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
i do wonder if his patreons are questioning him on the discord and patreon site. The communication seems non existent from what i can see.

Faahresc

Professional Writer
May 30, 2020
i do wonder if his patreons are questioning him on the discord and patreon site. The communication seems non existent from what i can see.
Well i already explained that under this thread there is some comminucation in his discord and few people also asked whats gonna happen about the game like 2 months ago. I dont want to look im so sure about whats happening with the development rn but since the dev is not reached desired amount of cash on his patreon to fully focus on the game the developement seems going slower than expected. He also couldnt release the first episode of the game as he promised. Thats why most of the people think he is abandoned the game or its a scam i guess. I made a detailed research about the game as much as i could its not scam but there is not exact date for the release and no detailed explanation about the development. When i think about what he is planning to do and when i look at his work and teaser i can tell he can actually get great amount of supporters and fans with his project. So its just a matter of time and support if you ask me. He is just trying to do something bigger than most of the people did before. Thats what i think if you ask me.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Release something and I'm pretty sure patron numbers will go up.
That’s it why should I spend my few coins on something only cause the quality and girls looked good? If I don’t like the story and my fetishes aren’t implemented (like female mc, old/young, blackmail, corruption, ntr) I am not that interested personally and I know many ppl want something first before they decide to spend money

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Well i already explained that under this thread there is some comminucation in his discord and few people also asked whats gonna happen about the game like 2 months ago. I dont want to look im so sure about whats happening with the development rn but since the dev is not reached desired amount of cash on his patreon to fully focus on the game the developement seems going slower than expected. He also couldnt release the first episode of the game as he promised. Thats why most of the people think he is abandoned the game or its a scam i guess. I made a detailed research about the game as much as i could its not scam but there is not exact date for the release and no detailed explanation about the development. When i think about what he is planning to do and when i look at his work and teaser i can tell he can actually get great amount of supporters and fans with his project. So its just a matter of time and support if you ask me. He is just trying to do something bigger than most of the people did before. Thats what i think if you ask me.
If he releases the game and it's good but with a few glitches, his revenue will double. If it's good with almost no bugs, his revenue may triple. It will get posted here and blow up immediately in popularity if it fulfills the promise of the teaser/trailer.

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
I added this thread to my watchlist cause I saw someones signature in this forum and that peeked my interest. Having watched this for some time now, this feels like the dev learned from professional milkers/scammers like ICSTOR.

I hope I will be proven wrong in the future, but if the dev really wanted to do something bigger, then he would know what proper planning and communication looked like. Put a playable teaser out, a planned release date, quantifiable progress e.g. renders done etc. Based on the abundance of those things, it seems to me the dev cannot self-discipline or plan well, which will cause this project to fail.

I am sorry for all those people wasting their money on him and more support before an actual release would probably cause him to realize he can milk this more for even longer. If this ever gets released, its either going to be one of the biggest and best releases of all time (doubt) or its going to be insanely short and people will still not realise the scam and defend him :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BatmanNinja

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I added this thread to my watchlist cause I saw someones signature in this forum and that peeked my interest. Having watched this for some time now, this feels like the dev learned from professional milkers/scammers like ICSTOR.

I hope I will be proven wrong in the future, but if the dev really wanted to do something bigger, then he would know what proper planning and communication looked like. Put a playable teaser out, a planned release date, quantifiable progress e.g. renders done etc. Based on the abundance of those things, it seems to me the dev cannot self-discipline or plan well, which will cause this project to fail.

I am sorry for all those people wasting their money on him and more support before an actual release would probably cause him to realize he can milk this more for even longer. If this ever gets released, its either going to be one of the biggest and best releases of all time (doubt) or its going to be insanely short and people will still not realise the scam and defend him :(
I am not thrilled about certain things PD has done(offering the custom renders to 30 dollar patrons only, not providing regular status updates), but at the level of revenue here, it's remotely plausible that he's not earning enough to take more time from his "day job"(whatever that might be) to put in the time necessary to release the first version. He also wants to put refined touches on the end product as he feels bad about the initial product in Dark Neighborhood. That's all at least remotely plausible. 1500 bucks a month is some fairly low-grade "milking". ICSTOR is bringing in 5 figures a month by comparison. If I were to work on a game, I assume it would eat up lots and lots of my free time and might rival a day job in terms of time commitment. I'd need to make enough off of Patreon to replace any pay I missed by taking time off. And if I quit my job, I'd need to have several grand a month coming in. PD isn't getting that kind of money. After Patreon takes their cut, he's clearing less than 1300.
Mostly I just want him to either set a fucking first release deadline and meet it, or else end the ambiguity and tell Patrons that it's going to be done when it's done and they have to be patient, it will be worth it. But I'm not a patron and have no idea what their expectations are. I do think that the reason he has stalled on support is because it's been over a year and no release yet, which creates a catch-22, if he's telling the truth that he can't afford to take enough time off work to finish the first release. Eventually he will bleed more patrons, until he's forced to either release an incomplete, unpolished first version, in order to win back patrons, or else abandon the project altogether. Which would be a shame.

ludobico

Oct 31, 2017
What magic power do these Patreons have? giving more money to make him work faster? right... :ROFLMAO:
not really, the exact opposite: i'm imagining a massive patrons' strike. after seeing their supporters reduced by thousands, "questionable" devs (icstor on top) will hurry up.
together we stand, divided we fall (cit.)!

Abby223

Aug 18, 2020
not really, the exact opposite: i'm imagining a massive patrons' strike. after seeing their supporters reduced by thousands, "questionable" devs (icstor on top) will hurry up.
together we stand, divided we fall (cit.)!
That's what you'd think but a lot of Patreon supporters are pretty dumb though, look at all those ones still supporting some of those popular games which I won't name that take 8 months for an update that has probably 1 month of solid work in it.

Reactions: Faahresc
Status
Not open for further replies.