Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I think here the complaint is about the lack of content. After 18 months of posting the project to his patreon page. I believe he started and completed his first game in 18 months. Not perfect, but he didn't leave people--patrons and non-patrons alike, hyped up and waiting 18 months.
Do you know how much time did it take him to create the models and enviroments and all that shebang, before releasing the first version of his 1st game on patreon? Or did you just assumed that it materialized from nothing the moment he created his patreon account? Shit takes time, just imagine how many developers gave up half-way through before finishing their first demo, we missed out on some really awesome games im sure.
His current patreons are just trying to make sure that this won't happen to psycho.

The funny thing is that we don't see any patreons complaining, at all!
And the only people complaining are the ones who wouldn't even support a dev they like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 484637

And the only people complaining are the ones who wouldn't even support a dev they like.
you're wrong, not everybody wants to give their complainings more weight, just because they were patron.
of course some people are like as you described and some "critics" are just hate, because the only way to nut is with those games. but it's like you would say, only patrons have the right to leave some critics. that's not true, because everybody can, especially here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
you're wrong, not everybody wants to give their complainings more weight, just because they were patron.
of course some people are like as you described and some "critics" are just hate because the only way to nut is with those games. but it's like you would say, only patrons have the right to leave some critics. that's not true, because everybody can, especially here.
I never said that.
All i'm saying is that it's funny because in most cases, the people who are attacking the dev for mistreating his patreons, they never supported anybody, not even the devs they actually like :D
It's like whenever somebody writes "the (insertgroupname) community is outraged!!!", they actually do not belong to that community and have no idea if that's true, they just assume so because thats what they would feel if they were a part of it :D

Reactions: forneusXII
D

Deleted member 484637

I never said that.
All i'm saying is that it's funny because in most cases, the people who are attacking the dev for mistreating his patreons, they never supported anybody, not even the devs they actually like :D
It's like whenever somebody writes "the (insertgroupname) community is outraged!!!", they actually do not belong to that community and have no idea if that's true, they just assume so because thats what they would feel if they were a part of it :D
in that case, i already agreed with you. ;)
you shouldn't underestimate how many patrons came from here.
don't get me wrong, i think you're a guy, who can see the things from different angles, judging from other posts.

Reactions: Draverik

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Do you know how much time did it take him to create the models and enviroments and all that shebang, before releasing the his first version of his 1st game on patreon? Or did you just assumed that it materialized from nothing the moment he created his patreon account? Shit takes time, just imagine how many developers gave up half-way through before finishing their first demo, we missed out on some really awesome games im sure.
His current patreons are just trying to make sure that this won't happen to psycho.

Not wanting to be boring, but already stopped to see the amount of assets that are bought in these VNs ..
Both in Daz studio and Renderotica catalog ...
No need to go far, consider assets here in F95 as an example.
recognize any of them?
(1) [DAZ] Public Indoor Pool | F95zone
404969_06-public-indoor-pool-daz3d.jpg
(1) [DAZ] Dream Closet | F95zone
125629_Dream_Closet_4.jpg
(1) [DAZ] Vanity Room Environment and Poses (G3F) | F95zone
391948_03-vanity-room-environment-and-poses-daz3d_result.jpg
Not even that escaped..
(1) [DAZ] Sex Toys 8 - Soft Silicone Dildos | F95zone
215887_sign.jpg
I'm not belittling the work of devs, far from it ... but to say ... it was 100% the work of the same person ..
You would be surprised how much of Milfy City was not made by ICSTOR.
It can be said that Icstor was much more original in his first works than now.

Seriously, who is crazy to go to the official page full of fanboys and start with complaints ..
That is if you are not immediately banned from the group ... and your post is deleted ...
And who guarantees that patreons don't come here in a neutral place to complain ..?

Ps...Thanks to Papa Ernie and so many others for sharing these assets.

Last edited:

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
Not wanting to be boring, but already stopped to see the amount of assets that are bought in these VNs ..
recognize any of them?
View attachment 941672
View attachment 941674
View attachment 941676
Not even that escaped..
View attachment 941700
I'm not belittling the work of devs, far from it ... but to say ... it was 100% the work of the same person ..

Seriously, who is crazy to go to the official page full of fanboys and start with complaints ..
That is if you are not immediately banned from the group ... and your post is deleted ...
And who guarantees that patreons don't come here in a neutral place to complain ..?

exactly ... i haven't seen custom made environment/background from those great developers in their games.
some of them don't even put minimum time in re-arranging some assets ... just slap it there and start rendering.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
recognize any of them?
View attachment 941672
View attachment 941674
View attachment 941676
Not even that escaped..
View attachment 941700

That's what im saying. Quality takes time. And if we want original content we have to be patient.
But that's the problem, some people here, they don't really want original content, they want the lazy shit as long as it's delivered to them asap.

But if we keep on attacking devs for "taking too long", then guess what, they're going to cut corners and we're going to see these same fucking assets over and over again.

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
That's what im saying. Quality takes time. And if we want original content we have to be patient.
But that's the problem, some people here, they don't really want original content, they want the lazy shit as long as it's delivered to them asap.

But if we keep on attacking devs for "taking too long", then guess what, they're going to cut corners and we're going to see these same fucking assets over and over again.
At this point I have a different opinion, not using it would be unproductive and on the one hand very tempting.
The price apparently pays off (when using the asset in a VN and placing the same the sale has an additional)
The amount varies is called (Interactive Licenses), contract for personal and commercial use.
One of the most current in VNs is Tesla3DCorp .. Daz Studio
00-main-contemporary-garage-daz3d.jpg 00-main-hospital-bedroom-daz3d.jpg 00-main-mini-apartment-daz3d.jpg
In the case of environments, and still build from scratch ... it's something for an architect ..
Messing with scales is a tremendous headache!!!
And much easier to pick up a ready, as a base and make adjustments ..
But as Vengel commented ,it should occasionally change the colors of the textures ..or change objects.

As for psychodelusional I am more disappointed, he should have courage, and making it clear is a demo test ..
If it is now more perfectionist and self critical ,this VN will never come out!!
Worse than CyberBug 2077 shouldn't be :oops:

Last edited:

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
recognize any of them?
View attachment 941672
View attachment 941674
View attachment 941676
Not even that escaped..
View attachment 941700

At this point I have a different opinion, not using it would be unproductive and on the one hand very tempting.
The price apparently pays off (when using the asset in a VN and placing the same the sale has an additional)
The amount varies is called (Interactive Licenses), contract for personal and commercial use.
One of the most current in VNs is Tesla3DCorp .. Daz Studio
View attachment 941799 View attachment 941801 View attachment 941803
In the case of environments, and still build from scratch ... it's something for an architect ..
Messing with scales is a tremendous headache!!!
And much easier to pick up a ready, as a base and make adjustments ..
But as Vengel commented ,it should occasionally change the colors of the textures ..or change objects.

As for psychodelusional I am more disappointed, he should have courage, and making it clear is a demo test ..
If it is now more perfectionist and self critical ,this VN will never come out!!
Worse than Cyberpunk 2077 shouldn't be :oops:
Wow, didn't know Developers were using other people's created environments! I learn something new everyday. I've seen these images in many of my favorite renpy games. I guess if one day i want to share an erotic story to the world, with all these ready to use assets it'd be easier than i thought.

Reactions: Aldnoah Zero

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I think you're overreacting. Not forget that he is making 1080p/30fps quality animations and writing an original scenario. He has a project and he is making a planning about release. He want to make two or three part ahead of the current release. You must not critize what you cant properly doing either. Give him a chance, we will see his first part then decide what will gonna do.
NLT proves otherwise.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
regardless of how you feel about the lack of this games release, having a studio is going to make animations more feasible. psycho is just one dev. still think this game (or at least the trailer) should be released but hey
Speaking of NLT he just released a new update of TON haha, imagine if all dev's here had his work ethic we wouldn't even know what to play first cause the updates would be poppn up like crazy.

Oct 20, 2018
Speaking of NLT he just released a new update of TON haha, imagine if all dev's here had his work ethic we wouldn't even know what to play first cause the updates would be poppn up like crazy.
i thought nlt has a group of people working on its game ? another underrated great one man dev id like to mention is Nenad maker of Adventures of willy d. check out his game guys! hes really consistent and one of the dev i pledge to for months.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
regardless of how you feel about the lack of this games release, having a studio is going to make animations more feasible. psycho is just one dev. still think this game (or at least the trailer) should be released but hey
We're not even demanding the release of a complete game, just the first release. Most everyone expects first releases to be short, buggy and incomplete. Nobody expects a perfect first release, just maybe a very good one.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
the only hypothesis that comes to mind is that maybe he decided to release the game directly, honestly I never understood the meaning of the trailer

(Sorry my english )

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
recognize any of them?
View attachment 941672
View attachment 941674
View attachment 941676
Not even that escaped..
View attachment 941700

I must confess, that I have to give some credit to the devs here. This stuff is damn expensive, so if those devs actuallly make a game out of these assets, they have to spend a lot of money, hundreds of dollars. If they want to use legal ones, that is, not pirated from this forum. I myself am working on a VN and I bought Corel Painter and some royalty free music, it was on Humble Bundle, thankfully, but if it wasn't, I would have spent hundreds of dollars for it. I had to invest before I could make anything if I wanted to use legal stuff, not to pirate. I am drawing my own assets now and writing the story. Google docs are free, thankfully. :D

And about the stock assets... I very much appreciate when people edit the assets, personalize them, to make unique characters, environments, backgrounds, items, etc. The game is much more unique, especially the characters. I don't want to fap to Lilith 7 model with a hairbun again and again. I am tired of Lilith 7! :D The sideswept hairstyle on Genesis 8 models is super overused too. xD And there's plenty of overused characters and environments like that living room that's in every game, you know which one I mean.

I know, that actors play different roles in movies, but a game isn't a movie. And even in movies the actors can look very unique to the point you don't even recognize them. In a game when you see the same looking women repeatedly with different names, it destroys the suspension of disbelief . You just can't get attached to them as individual characters without thinking "Ah, another copy of that other character from the VN I have played". But if the dev makes the effort to make more unique characters (I know there are limits, you don't have to make it completely from scrath, just make them look differently), I am all for it, it's an amazing thing to view the characters as their own. It helps immersion so much. Timestamps was a good example of what I just talked about, imo. They even rightfully made fun of AWAM for using unedited character models.

Psycho's characters seem to be just enough, I think. I don't know about their uniqueness, but I can see, that he put real work into their looks. They certainly are distinguishable. They look amazing anyway. :D I really dig these thicc in the right places girls. I can see why quite a lot of people wants this game to come out. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.