Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
If you pledge for 4 months and then nothing.... Then pledge for another 4 because...reasons, and then nothing. You kinda into the area of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

As for Dark Neighborhood, yeah it was cool. It did set a step hurdle for the creator as well. Most if not any creator want their next work to be better than their previous. I got no idea how long the creator worked on that game before any release. Or how many did pledge to it before release and how long the wait took.

I made it a habit long time ago to never pre-purchase (regular games) games before release, nor pledge to any creators on Patreon making games before they got something concrete on the table. Playable demo etc. Some screenshots isn't enough for me to start throw cash at someone. If I had just recently found Dark Neighborhood, I could been inclined to pledge a couple months just to tip his jar for effort already made. But I would by no means keep pledge for 8 months waiting for something new coming.
every months he said next months and with is last work you can give him chance.

You talk like its all fine dev can lie everythimee and its no problem.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
every months he said next months and with is last work you can give him chance.

You talk like its all fine dev can lie everythimee and its no problem.
If that is what you got from that, then you seriously need some reading lessons...

Stop give away your money when there isn't any concrete to show for. And that some people do so, that is their choice you can't help that any more than sunrise and sunset...

Reactions: LadyBee and Hajtand

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I understand the hype for this game, the renders look fantastic. But if the story and gameplay aren't improved from the last game, this will be nothing special. There are a lot of greatly rendered games that are mediocre overall.

That said, there is a near 0% chance the update, when it comes, isn't a letdown, regardless of the improvements from the last game. Waiting this long, and not getting your socks blown-off, will make a lot of people very unhappy.

I also think there is a very high, if not almost guaranteed, chance the dev bit off more than he could chew with this. Delaying updates and missing deadlines before you even get one update out is a really bad sign.

Tribal155

Jul 31, 2017
Dude definitely bit off more than he could chew. His biggest mistake though was giving release dates. But it’s all in the past now.

uhhhok

Sep 24, 2020
Did anyone hear from the DEV yet? I mean what is up with the dude? at least release another trailer!

Manford

Nov 24, 2018
Did anyone hear from the DEV yet? I mean what is up with the dude? at least release another trailer!
The last I heard from him was he was suffering from anxiety issues. I am not sure if that pertains to things going on in his personal life or he is suffering anxiety about the scope of the game and how to pull it off to meet the already set high expectations.

• Haha
Reactions: test7777 and byskup

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I asked if the trailer was almost ready and i got banned within 10 seconds :KEK:
Man, that's some lolcow level of paranoia. I wonder what words you used exactly. If you were polite and still got banned, that seems mods have instructions to send everybody, who even mentions it, to the Banworld. It's fishy af.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
people should do charge back from when they started supporting him on Patreon :ROFLMAO: im sure the game will come straight out, if there even is a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.