Magnus Castor

Jun 8, 2023

:illuminati: It’s been 130+ days and they still haven’t asked to build a bathhouse. I must have missed something?. :confused:

Bathhouse. It is there as a cabin event. After 80 days, have at least 4 guests and go outside. The event should trigger some time.

Check workbench if you can build it.

gunisgdx

Nov 27, 2021
Bathhouse. It is there as a cabin event. After 80 days, have at least 4 guests and go outside. The event should trigger some time.

Check workbench if you can build it.
I probably formulated unclearly.. When and how to get the blueprint of bathhouse? :unsure: It seems the greenhouse workers
should ask for it?.
As far as I know, later the bathhouse can be converted to bathtub (with 4 guests, etc.)

Magnus Castor

Jun 8, 2023
I probably formulated unclearly.. When and how to get the blueprint of bathhouse? :unsure: It seems the greenhouse workers
should ask for it?.
As far as I know, later the bathhouse can be converted to bathtub (with 4 guests, etc.)
Oh! Some things have blueprints and some not. Bathhouse have not. You just talk with the guests, as an event, and suddendly you can build the bathhouse in the workbench!

Imagine there is a hidden blueprint... :coffee: :geek:

Hot tub is an extension to bathhouse. You will still have the bathhouse.

gunisgdx

Nov 27, 2021
Guys I lost all my savefiles for html games even though I didn't change browser, anyone know why this happened?
This could happen due to the emptying of the browser cache, the Windows optimizer triggering, etc.

Always make on HDD backup copies of your saves, and put this folder in antivirus exceptions :geek:

Jun 30, 2018
This could happen due to the emptying of the browser cache, the Windows optimizer triggering, etc.

Always make on HDD backup copies of your saves, and put this folder in antivirus exceptions :geek:
Ouch, glad to know what happened finally at least, I ll switch to playing on opera, because this never happened to me on opera before.

Bobabod

Sep 13, 2016
Are you sure that this is not one of the storylines with further procreation? :WutFace:
With Isabel when you clic that button it sends you to the generic girls pregnancy aceleration code, which doesn't really work with a named npc like Isabel. Blair for example has her own code for the same procedure.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
With Isabel when you clic that button it sends you to the generic girls pregnancy aceleration code, which doesn't really work with a named npc like Isabel. Blair for example has her own code for the same procedure.
hmm odd cause it works for me atleast with Blair when i jump in game i'll check Isabel ( EDIT now they are not working for me the did during testing)

Last edited:

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
ttyrke Going to heavily caveat the following "bug" report with: I muck with the code. I'm well aware I'm using the game outside the normal state of affairs.

Bug report:
Child gender is inverted when child is placed in guest house.

Details:
I modify the code to have only female gender babies.

JavaScript:
<<set _childGender = randomInteger(0,1)>>

# modified to:

<<set _childGender = randomInteger(0)>>

But even with that only being set to 0 (female), I get the following outcome:
Birth:
1720365522104.png

Guest:
1720352981355.png

I haven't tracked down where the inversion is happening.

*Edit: Going to test with my modification removed to see if it is truly inverting each time.

Results of 5 tests with modification:
girl -> boy
girl -> boy
girl -> boy
girl -> boy
girl -> boy

Results of 5 tests with clean index.html no modification:

boy -> boy
boy-> boy
boy-> boy
girl -> girl
girl -> girl

So not a bug with unmodified code. I'm still curious what is being introduced when it's only ever set to 0, not 0,1. But I'll chalk it up to "I shouldn't mess with the code" and that's fine. I'll continue to play around with it because this is a fun distraction from actual work.

Last edited:

Magnus Castor

Jun 8, 2023
[...]
JavaScript:
<<set _childGender = randomInteger(0,1)>>

# modified to:

<<set _childGender = randomInteger(0)>>
[...]
randomInteger is a function that takes 2 arguments. Your randomInteger(0) should be written as randomInteger(0,0) or even better set _childGender = 0 since you only want girlies.

randomInteger(0) means randomInteger(0, undefined) which returns a undefined value. This is sometimes treated as 0 and sometimes as 1 which is why gender is changing. o_O :cool:

Reactions: tgp31 and 5mithers

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
And this is why I'm not a dev. I can monkey with the code, but I don't truly know it. Thanks!

*Edit: Side note: I've been tweaking the code this way since.... 0.2x something. So far this is the first version where it hasn't always just returned 0. Guessing I was leaning on bad code functioning in a reliable way. lol

Magnus Castor

Jun 8, 2023
Four degrees of code peeking...

I have some tips for tools if you want to peek at code for the game and perhaps change it. From worst tools to best.

Here is my three cents or something.

Worst: Peeking at the html-file directly.

A html-file can be hard to read. All the << ... >> :sick: etc.

Slightly better: Twine

Twine reads the html-file and shows the code divided into smaller sections called passsages. And a little easier for humans to read. You can edit the passages directly or copy/paste to your favorite editor.

After you are done save back to a html-file.

Bonus: You can use Twine to peek at many of the html-games around. Many of them are done in Twine/Sugarcube anyway.

But since ttyrke is a nice person he offer even better tools. The source code to the game is under github aka. version-control. The code is divided into several files and folders which makes it easier to change only small parts of it.

With a tool called TweeGo the source-code is put together into the html-file.

Somewhat in the middle: Download the source code as a zip-file and use tweego

You get your own copy of the source code. But then what? If you interested in the source you should go all the way. The full monte....

The best: Use github and tweego.

Even if you don't want to share your tweaks this is the best option.

Write your tweaks once! Combine the latest updates of the game with your own small tweaks.

See what is changed between differnt updates.

And if you want to share your amazing code with the world you are just a few clicks away ... :p
ttyrke might put your suggestions into the official game.

That's my thoughts for now. Enjoy the Apocalyptic world!

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Four degrees of code peeking...

I have some tips for tools if you want to peek at code for the game and perhaps change it. From worst tools to best.

Here is my three cents or something.

Worst: Peeking at the html-file directly.

A html-file can be hard to read. All the << ... >> :sick:etc.

Slightly better: Twine

Twine reads the html-file and shows the code divided into smaller sections called passsages. And a little easier for humans to read. You can edit the passages directly or copy/paste to your favorite editor.

After you are done save back to a html-file.

Bonus: You can use Twine to peek at many of the html-games around. Many of them are done in Twine/Sugarcube anyway.

But since ttyrke is a nice person he offer even better tools. The source code to the game is under github aka. version-control. The code is divided into several files and folders which makes it easier to change only small parts of it.

With a tool called TweeGo the source-code is put together into the html-file.

Somewhat in the middle: Download the source code as a zip-file and use tweego

You get your own copy of the source code. But then what? If you interested in the source you should go all the way. The full monte....

The best: Use github and tweego.

Even if you don't want to share your tweaks this is the best option.

Write your tweaks once! Combine the latest updates of the game with your own small tweaks.

See what is changed between differnt updates.

And if you want to share your amazing code with the world you are just a few clicks away ... :p
ttyrke might put your suggestions into the official game.

That's my thoughts for now. Enjoy the Apocalyptic world!
all i can manage to do is break the game

Klaabu

Feb 19, 2019
Satellite mini event - only 6 first persons in quest house list get happiness +, if there is a child (age 0) in quest house, he/she can join and have opinion about it.

Sorry about my Engrish

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
I'll be honest. I'm a console jockey at best. Habits of the trade. So modifying the prebuilt html at the end is what I'm doing. It's what I have to do for 99% of tweaks for running software at work (since we usually use 3rd party tools where we don't have access to the source), so it's what I'm in the habit of doing.

That being said, I do only write my tweaks once.

I have a simple shell script that does the basic steps of making a backup of the clean index.html file, modifying all the settings that I tweak because I'm a terrible person at heart who can't be bothered with a challenge, then does a diff of the .bak and .html files to show all my changes to validate nothing out of the ordinary was modified unexpectedly due to new code being introduced. The second part is because I never trust anything to properly work, even if (or especially if I wrote it. )

Example output:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I will admit that I find tweaking the code and seeing the changes work properly is something that I enjoy. Even if I'm technically "working off the clock" when doing so. It's half the reason I normally gravitate towards renpy games. python modding is fun.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
I'll be honest. I'm a console jockey at best. Habits of the trade. So modifying the prebuilt html at the end is what I'm doing. It's what I have to do for 99% of tweaks for running software at work (since we usually use 3rd party tools where we don't have access to the source), so it's what I'm in the habit of doing.

That being said, I do only write my tweaks once.

I have a simple shell script that does the basic steps of making a backup of the clean index.html file, modifying all the settings that I tweak because I'm a terrible person at heart who can't be bothered with a challenge, then does a diff of the .bak and .html files to show all my changes to validate nothing out of the ordinary was modified unexpectedly due to new code being introduced. The second part is because I never trust anything to properly work, even if (or especially if I wrote it. )

Example output:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I will admit that I find tweaking the code and seeing the changes work properly is something that I enjoy. Even if I'm technically "working off the clock" when doing so. It's half the reason I normally gravitate towards renpy games. python modding is fun.
There was an idea/suggestion/modding some time ago and I really liked that idea.
Basically at one point I want to create actual option to mod (not only change pictures).
Basically that guy injected his scripts in already rendered game, so .html file wasn't changed and those mods lived in different folder (mods). So with each update you won't need to edit html file but mods would work in any update as it would just be in different folder.

Reactions: 5mithers
3.50 star(s) 33 Votes