ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
I'll be honest. I'm a console jockey at best. Habits of the trade. So modifying the prebuilt html at the end is what I'm doing. It's what I have to do for 99% of tweaks for running software at work (since we usually use 3rd party tools where we don't have access to the source), so it's what I'm in the habit of doing.

That being said, I do only write my tweaks once.

I have a simple shell script that does the basic steps of making a backup of the clean index.html file, modifying all the settings that I tweak because I'm a terrible person at heart who can't be bothered with a challenge, then does a diff of the .bak and .html files to show all my changes to validate nothing out of the ordinary was modified unexpectedly due to new code being introduced. The second part is because I never trust anything to properly work, even if (or especially if I wrote it. )

Example output:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I will admit that I find tweaking the code and seeing the changes work properly is something that I enjoy. Even if I'm technically "working off the clock" when doing so. It's half the reason I normally gravitate towards renpy games. python modding is fun.
There was an idea/suggestion/modding some time ago and I really liked that idea.
Basically at one point I want to create actual option to mod (not only change pictures).
Basically that guy injected his scripts in already rendered game, so .html file wasn't changed and those mods lived in different folder (mods). So with each update you won't need to edit html file but mods would work in any update as it would just be in different folder.

Reactions: 5mithers

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
That would be pretty cool. But me personally, I am not requesting it. I know that I am not playing the game in the spirit it was created. I shortcut a lot because I enjoy the new content, but in general I don't have a ton of to play games after work these days.

I'm happy to have the game as is, I think it's great.

I'm excited to get through the new content and try out the mini hospital stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttyrke

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
ApocalypticWorld-0.41
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Kira44444

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
will there be an update for the action pack?
I will try to spend some time on next tech update (0.43) for standalone extended mods.
That way could separate that big mod/pack in smaller and with each update won't need to update that actions js file and it will just extend existing images

Reactions: exiled_nobility
3.50 star(s) 33 Votes