Kieron1998

Mar 10, 2023
So I got inspired while playing through the latest version and followed those thoughts and have as a result modded the HTML file via Twine. (Thanks to ttyrke for letting me post it)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From talking to ttyrke about what I'd done they said about it being open source already and just could make a pull request on the so they could easily merge it into the next version...although it's the uncompiled version of the game. Which as I did my editing via Twine on it's compiled version means that it needs to be manually done rather than an simple import/copy and paste I think (unless there's a secret way to uncompile). So if you get the want to edit the game yourself like I did, I suggest you look at starting there first rather than jumping straight to Twine.
Just a quick question, so I know a bit of twine and sugarcube and i know to create basic visual novel style games with links and such but I struggle when it comes to sandbox and rpg. I've tried many a times to make something work but i couldn't and I just gave up so is your repository beginner friendly which can be used to create a game like this? Like I said, I tried to create a sandbox style game but i was Unable to make any progress. I opened the html file of this game in twine and it has so much to it, i was overwhelmed and understood nothing. I know this ain't a place to ask a question like this but i seriously wanna create something like this with the ideas I have so that's why I am asking you. Sorry to bother you.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
Just a quick question, so I know a bit of twine and sugarcube and i know to create basic visual novel style games with links and such but I struggle when it comes to sandbox and rpg. I've tried many a times to make something work but i couldn't and I just gave up so is your repository beginner friendly which can be used to create a game like this? Like I said, I tried to create a sandbox style game but i was Unable to make any progress. I opened the html file of this game in twine and it has so much to it, i was overwhelmed and understood nothing. I know this ain't a place to ask a question like this but i seriously wanna create something like this with the ideas I have so that's why I am asking you. Sorry to bother you.
Just to be clear most of what you saw in Twine is not my work, it's ttyrke's work. (it is also certainly not beginner friendly due to it's size)

If you want to see what I did and compare it to what ttyrke originally had in those areas then look for these cards/files:
1730097457068.png
If you want to find the other two changes I made outside of blackjack then look for cards/files named: "Explore" and "Bedroom-sleep".
I didn't make any new cards/files, only edited in existing ones. There's two reasons (in my opinion) as to why I was able to do so, ttyrke named the cards/files appropriately making it clear as to what they dealt with/contained.
The other reason which is much more important is I've taking various coding courses. Which has meant I've had a lot of time to learn coding and in different languages alongside learn that when coding everything is logic based. (helps if your autism kicks in) So if it's a language I don't know, I can follow it's logic/patterns and search up whatever I want to try to do or don't understand. (Twine has it's own wiki but has been around that it's changed quite a bit) Learning C# or C++ has helped me the most though they are very similar to each other I've found so learning one of them helps you with coding in the other. Java is also popular but I've rarely used and is a bit hard to learn but that's nothing compared to how difficult I found Python to be (you write 200 lines of code to just make a plain window with no assistance tools) which after I learnt it's basics I have never touched again since nor found any situation where I could use it again.

If you want to get started with Twine then I suggest you take a look at this: As it's intended to help people looking at starting something in Twine do so. Additionally if you want to look at other HTML ganes on F95 that shows the Dev's have done good work with setting out their cards/files then take a look at Umesatraa Academy, Tasty Curse and Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption. Meanwhile if you want to see how messy and confusing things can be then look at Society or Project Reeducation since while they can be understood....everything is highly compacted so it's harder to understand at a glance what is going on.

Finally F95 has the "Dev Help" section of the site where you can post questions there or possibly find guides there: https://f95zone.to/forums/dev-help.113/?prefix_id=4

If you want to ask anything more I suggest you do start another thread or a private conversation with me, but again keep in mind I only modded/changed a little bit of this game, I'm not the Dev of it, ttyrke is.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 39 Votes