aikonokaze

Jan 24, 2018
I was wandering around in chapter 2 waiting for my character to give birth but when the scene finally triggered and my character saw some woman approaching there was an error code at the bottom. I clicked continue and now it's like nothing happened. No birth happened, my character description doesn't say she has any children, and further wandering around it's triggering anymore pregnancy related scenes, so basically I'm assuming the pregnancy was just erased?

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I was wandering around in chapter 2 waiting for my character to give birth but when the scene finally triggered and my character saw some woman approaching there was an error code at the bottom. I clicked continue and now it's like nothing happened. No birth happened, my character description doesn't say she has any children, and further wandering around it's triggering anymore pregnancy related scenes, so basically I'm assuming the pregnancy was just erased?
Ugh. Sorry. I didn't get a ping for your message! I apologize about the wait.

So from what it sounds like, two events/turn-scripts overlapped and the scene that took the priority was the file from the game engine itself and not the one from the library attached to the game (which is pregnancy). Because of this, it was never able to complete that scene. So yeah, it likely 'never occurred'.

Don't worry, the new engine that's being developed won't have issues like that. The Quest Engine is pretty primitive and can't handle two scenes happening at once. Like, instead of playing one scene and then immediately printing the other, it just overlaps and erases one. The new engine won't do this.

I'm very sorry for the trouble and inconvenience this caused.

Anonynn.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Oh, I was going to come in here with some questions, but if you're transfering to a new engine I guess they're moot. Looking forward to that then!

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Oh, I was going to come in here with some questions, but if you're transfering to a new engine I guess they're moot. Looking forward to that then!
Argh! I never got a ping or notification of your post. You're welcome to ask questions regardless. Either engine. ^_^ Don't be shy!

Where's the new engine?
Hello! We are coming up on the final couple of additions to it. And then as the game is released and goes on I'll add combat and the character viewer. But it's very very close to completion. Even when the new engine is released though, I won't release the game until all of the subsystems and turn-scripts and scripts are ready to go with no blatant errors. And I'll be testing the hell out of the save system to make sure it's ready to go to. Nothing spells disaster then creating an engine and having people test it out only to have it fail horribly.

With that said, if either of you (or anyone else) have any questions, you can hit me up here or in Discord, or email. Wherever you're comfortable.

Anonynn

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Argh! I never got a ping or notification of your post. You're welcome to ask questions regardless. Either engine. ^_^ Don't be shy!
The questions I had where technical ones as I was having trouble getting the game to function, but with a new engine they probably won't even exist, so I decided not to ask them. Sounds like you've made quite a bit of progress since then but are still a ways away given you want to do a bunch of testing beforehand. Guessing with everything else you still need to do, an ETA is out of the question, so back to waiting. Hope it goes as smooth as it can.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
The questions I had where technical ones as I was having trouble getting the game to function, but with a new engine they probably won't even exist, so I decided not to ask them. Sounds like you've made quite a bit of progress since then but are still a ways away given you want to do a bunch of testing beforehand. Guessing with everything else you still need to do, an ETA is out of the question, so back to waiting. Hope it goes as smooth as it can.
Hmm. I am adding a new area in the beginning once the main engine is complete. That area will allow the player to naturally test all/most of the elements that will be in the game. Player's will be able to choose to stay in the beginning or to start the actual adventure. At least that is the plan. It should be pretty indepth.

And yes, unfortunately as I've mentioned before Quest wasn't really designed for big games and Apoca was over 110,000 lines of code and close to I think 2 million words. And I was just getting really going with it. I honestly didn't anticipate the engine failing since the game wasn't even a gigabyte but things happen that you can't anticipate. The new engine will be browser based and capable of running on any machine and it's very very close to Quest without all the ducktape needed to hold it together. ^_^

where can you find the most up to date version of the game?
You can find the latest versions on the website...

and in Patreon

under latest updates.

Anonynn.

Reactions: Mister_Ferret

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
So this is still in development? Been a while since I've seen any updates lol. The last one says 2015!

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
So this is still in development? Been a while since I've seen any updates lol. The last one says 2015!
2015? That must be on a website I didn't update the game on. The two main websites to find the most up-to-date versions are:

and

At the moment we're developing a new engine. The current engine on Quest wasn't working out as the game had gotten far too big and kept crashing it, so I hired a programmer and we're developing a completely new engine from scratch. After one or two prototypes, we decided to switch it over to Unity (which was pretty recent), so that'll be what the next version of the game is released on and should be available for all platforms. I've been writing a bit in the meantime as well and have been working on a few ideas for the game. If you have any questions let me know!

Anonynn.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
2015? That must be on a website I didn't update the game on. The two main websites to find the most up-to-date versions are:

and

At the moment we're developing a new engine. The current engine on Quest wasn't working out as the game had gotten far too big and kept crashing it, so I hired a programmer and we're developing a completely new engine from scratch. After one or two prototypes, we decided to switch it over to Unity (which was pretty recent), so that'll be what the next version of the game is released on and should be available for all platforms. I've been writing a bit in the meantime as well and have been working on a few ideas for the game. If you have any questions let me know!

Anonynn.
SWEET! So then giving you typo or bug corrections for the current version is pointless?

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
SWEET! So then giving you typo or bug corrections for the current version is pointless?

Actually, yes! Although the coding will be different, fixing typos and bugs in the text will make it that much cleaner when I start transferring the game over to the new engine :) Sorry about the late response, F95 seems to be picky about which messages I get pinged for >.< !

Anonynn.

Reactions: Marvelous Chris

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Is the save system still broken?

Yes, there is no way to fix the save system for the Quest version of the game. The size of the game takes Quest about 5-10 minutes to process and then has a very high probability of crashing. Quest wasn't really designed for large games like mine. That was my main push to develop the new engine which will have no problem saving at all :) You can see the discussions about it, above in the previous comments. But if you have any specific questions, let me know.

Anonynn.

Bulk Biceps

Aug 3, 2020
Anonynn hey i just found this this game and ive hit a wall... im not sure what im doing wrong but i was following the instructions to play this game but it wont show up on my screen. it even shows that its open in my task bar. is there something im missing?

Last edited:

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
any news on the progress of the new engine? how far do think it has come from the begging and how much work do think is left (in % if you perfur)? and will the game play be smoother to operate then its current form?

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Anonynn hey i just found this this game and ive hit a wall... im not sure what im doing wrong but i was following the instructions to play this game but it wont show up on my screen. it even shows that its open in my task bar. is there something im missing?
Hm. So you're having trouble actually opening the game itself? Did you download Quest and install it? Quest is a program/software. Once you have Quest installed, you just have to open the game by double clicking on it. If you need further assistance though, let me know and I'll be happy to help you ^_^

any news on the progress of the new engine? how far do think it has come from the begging and how much work do think is left (in % if you perfur)? and will the game play be smoother to operate then its current form?
I have no concrete delivery date. I just have to keep on the programmer who is developing it. We did switch to an entirely new engine because the old one wasn't working out, but that was sometime ago. It's progressing much faster than the switch and the programmer knows he's been working on this for about a year now and is greatly apologetic for how long it's taking. He underestimated the size of the project when he first accepted it. But luckily, we're making great strides pretty quickly :)

As soon as I have some kind of beta/prototype or completion date on the engine, I will let everyone know. Several people, including myself have been waiting very very patiently. @_@

Anonynn.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
thanks for the update i only asked cuse its ben drip feed for the info and im not the only one wanting to know. Also its fine and i think all fans of your game are understanding the problem :p . Take your time keep us up to date and make sure that its pollished so that working on the game is as intended :D

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
thanks for the update i only asked cuse its ben drip feed for the info and im not the only one wanting to know. Also its fine and i think all fans of your game are understanding the problem :p . Take your time keep us up to date and make sure that its pollished so that working on the game is as intended :D
Yeah, I apologize about that. The only reason I've been quiet is because there really isn't anything to report on until the new engine is completed. I have a big plan for the reintroduction to the game, a new area being planned and have been working on art layers so I can make the character viewer and everything. Other than that, I can't really introduce or show anyone anything until that is finished.

To answer your previous question, which I apologize again for missing, yes, the new engine will be available for all platforms; windows, mac, android etc and the save system should/will be instantaneous if everything goes according to plan! So much more intuitive and easier to navigate.

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
<--- website
<--Patreon
New announcement and posts regarding the game's development ^_^

1.90 star(s) 7 Votes