Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I welcome these changes. I also like that idea of changing the game to a female protagonist for character creator art and better writting. I've noticed a bias in a lot of text-based game where the devs focus on creating sexy women only for male characters to fuck and forget that there's an option to play as female. It would be refreshing and would help you stand out from the crowd.
Thanks! That's the idea. The market is pretty flooded with 'male only' protagonist. In those games female tend to be represented with ridiculously sized 'assets' and under-developed personalities. I want their to be a balance in the female character the player will be creating (which can be further fine-tuned with the personalities and choices in the character creation) but also a balance in size, shape and personality with the NPCs you'll be interacting with. ^_^

Thanks for the kind words!

I personally would prefer having the option to choose, since I cant really get invested playing as a female only
And there goes any interest I have with the game. I won't hold it against you, but it's just not for me if it's female-only. Good luck either way.
I understand where you're both coming from and the ability to choose is very important to me (hence the numerous decisions and paths in the game so far), however, the game can be written much faster when I'm only having to write 4 main personalities variations instead of 8 per scene/interaction.

Besides, the ability to make your character "basically" male will be there. You can put your attributes into strength, get the futa-option and then reduce breastsize to flat. Basically, male except that you can get pregnant, unless you also reduce your fertility to zero.

Not a true male, I know, but the option is there to basically be one. So you might ask, 'Then why not just have a male?' --- Because typical character viewers have....500-1000 pictures just for one gender. Also, people/NPCs talk to men and women differently and the personalities present; Sexy, Sarcasm, Serious, Sympathy are also vastly different between genders. For me, as a writer, I would prefer to keep it to one gender.

If in the future someone would like to write the male versions of all of it, I'd be happy to make it an addition. Or if I ever feel like doing it myself. For now though, I think picking one gender and rolling with it is the way to go forward at a reasonable pace.

This won't please everyone and nobody can hope to please everyone. All I can do is my best.

Well, playing as futa, with enough imagination, allows internal switching between male and female for ero game (role)playing.
It MAY help.
^ True. This is why I wanted to add that option. People wanted it before but the game was gender-locked with a true/false boolean and if I made it a string, I would have to re-code basically the whole game. But yeah, as mentioned above with enough imagination, you can basically play a character who looks and acts male.

I think that, if it is the environment that is corrupting, a female MC is more interesting and fun to play. The female would be the one making the decisions about what impact the environment has, so I'd want, as a player, to be making those decisions. I'm not much interested in corrupted males.

If the corruption is coming from human action, and I want, again, for the female to be the one getting corrupted, I'd want to play as a male, making the decisions about how the corruption occurs and what its effects are.

I'm not wedded to either sex as a MC. I just want to be able to make the interesting decisions.
You'll definitely have plenty of choices coming soon. The first section of the game alone separates the player into three separate individual paths that change the gameplay from the second area onward. ^_^ And I want to finish some of the path divisions in the beginning to make the adventure feel even more personal to each player.

i would recomend a system like slave matrix where the body is maid of parts and atach points (this allows for way more combanations then the only problem would be the clothing at that point and for that all i can think of is a way to streach it and of the computer fix the texcher of the clothing to fit the shape idk how hard that would be but its an idia)
I'm not sure how to go about creating a character viewer. But the artist of Defenstration said they wouldn't mind walking me through it when it comes time. ^_^ I'm not a bad artist myself (not great) but here's one of my recent pictures...

These are of the same character obviously. It's not perfect but I might be able to pull something off. I just have to know HOW to start and how to implement changes etc.

Also, I draw these on regular printing paper with a mechanical pencil and color in Paint Tool Sai v.1.0 in case anyone wants to know.

i tend to only play futas myself and if i can't im unlikely to play this again
Female Only + Futa seem to be the vast majority of votes so far. ^_^

Anonynn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megumin.

DoranDuck

May 10, 2017
Well in the end, it is up to you the way you wish to do it, hopefully at a later point, when you have the time, you will bring back the male option.

Good Luck

Reactions: snowman44

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
the only thing i will never play is futa i would like an opition to leave out fetishes the player is not comfertable with (aka a option that list fetishes with a check box that is not checked will skip said seans) if thats allright i still play

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
the only thing i will never play is futa i would like an opition to leave out fetishes the player is not comfertable with (aka a option that list fetishes with a check box that is not checked will skip said seans) if thats allright i still play
Futa will be entirely optional, if I decide to add it. I don't typically force changes on the player. Like, for example, there is not going to be a section where you auto-become a futa and that sort of thing :)

Anonynn.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
Futa will be entirely optional, if I decide to add it. I don't typically force changes on the player. Like, for example, there is not going to be a section where you auto-become a futa and that sort of thing :)

Anonynn.
MUCH ABLIGED

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
MUCH ABLIGED
With that said the player can always get into shenanigans on their own --- or if they make terrible choices can potentially get bad ends. But I telegraph bad-ends enough that if the player pursues one through bad decision making they will likely die. xD

Anonynn.

Strbrvsky

Apr 26, 2019
as much as I want to play this game but I can't save the progress which really unfortunate. I hope the transition to the new engine going smooth and fast. it's such wasted potential if people put off this game simply because they can't save game progress.

Also, when the new engine came up, I think it's much better to make new thread so people can review it differently from this one which came with a lot of bugs

keep the hard work and good luck dev.

The Man Dude

Oct 15, 2020
Where do i go after not entering a spooky tree and falling down a cliff? The game lists options where i can go, but i cannot go anywhere except back.
"From here, you could head down the path and around the natural bend which looks as though it leads westfurther into the rock formations.

If that sounds too dangerous however, you could back-track a little and try heading back into the forest in asouth-westish direction.

Alternatively, if you don't like this area at all you could try to find your way back to the cliff-side to thesouth and choose another directly entirely. "

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
as much as I want to play this game but I can't save the progress which really unfortunate. I hope the transition to the new engine going smooth and fast. it's such wasted potential if people put off this game simply because they can't save game progress.

Also, when the new engine came up, I think it's much better to make new thread so people can review it differently from this one which came with a lot of bugs

keep the hard work and good luck dev.
Hello! I appreciate the kind words! Thank you very much for your faith in the story/game. And yes, the new engine should be completely finished by early January. We had a couple of hiccups with the code and rewrote certain sections of it so it would be a little easier to program in. But yeah, it's getting more and more features all the time. Come January I might start adding in the basic things like the Help Guide, smoother more intuitive menus etc.

In the meantime, I've been working on writing scenes and stuff but I might not release the game again until I have at least half of the second area finished. That isn't set in stone but I've been mulling it over.

Also, yes, I've been thinking of creating a new thread for it. But I don't want to decieve anyone...I'll talk to the leaders of the forum when it comes time to see what they think. Great suggestion though!

Anonynn

Where do i go after not entering a spooky tree and falling down a cliff? The game lists options where i can go, but i cannot go anywhere except back.
"From here, you could head down the path and around the natural bend which looks as though it leads westfurther into the rock formations.

If that sounds too dangerous however, you could back-track a little and try heading back into the forest in asouth-westish direction.

Alternatively, if you don't like this area at all you could try to find your way back to the cliff-side to thesouth and choose another directly entirely. "
Hello! Sorry for the late reply! I saw this when I was out and about and I just completely forgot to respond when I got home @_@ I'm so sorry! So basically there are three paths in the game right now that lead to the second section. Avoiding the tree-house and falling down is the 3rd and most open option there is as it leaves the story of the character entirely in your hands. BUT with that said, there are only a few encounters in the second area finished as the first five rooms are place holders. I stopped writing for the game because I wanted to focus on creating an entirely new engine for it which will allow more input and smoother menus/transitions and most of all, saving.

The new engine is basically finished though and should practically be on it's last bit of coding come January. Once it's complete I'll be working to add features and to make it all pretty --- and then I'll start transitioning the game over to it. That way I know everything works.

Anonynn.

Strbrvsky

Apr 26, 2019
welp, once again, good luck with your endeavor! also if you need some illustration, holler me up would you!? (PM me) I'm invested in your story.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
MEGA link is down, here is the current one.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
welp, once again, good luck with your endeavor! also if you need some illustration, holler me up would you!? (PM me) I'm invested in your story.
Hey, thank you very much! What kind of illustrations do you specialize in exactly? :)

I'm always looking to help artists and illustrators get their work out there and help them earn some cash for their creations. Win/win for everyone ((that is assuming the style fits with the game aesthetic)

Is saving still broken? It's the only reason I'm not playing rn
I appreciate you being a fan of the game! Thanks! Right now the new game engine is being worked on. We're about 60-70% of the way completed with it, I think? But I'm not entirely sure. There isn't an ETA unfortunately. But a new engine is coming and I've been working on a character viewer as well in the meantime.

Anonynn.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
Right now the new game engine is being worked on. We're about 60-70% of the way completed with it, I think? But I'm not entirely sure. There isn't an ETA unfortunately. But a new engine is coming and I've been working on a character viewer as well in the meantime.

Anonynn.
Well this is still vary good news and I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Strbrvsky

Apr 26, 2019
Hey, thank you very much! What kind of illustrations do you specialize in exactly? :)

I'm always looking to help artists and illustrators get their work out there and help them earn some cash for their creations. Win/win for everyone ((that is assuming the style fits with the game aesthetic)
ah, right I forgot to show you my DA acc.
I barely update my DA ever since I got Office work but I did commission time to time it just I can't post the commission since it's exclusive art or the commissioner request not to reposted it.
also here SSKA#4057 my Discord for much more easier contact since my office also use discord so I probably online almost everyday.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Anonynn yeah, I just pledged whoooping 10.80$/y just to show a support to you!
Work hard, be yourself, reach the stars, dude!

Reactions: Razor679

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
ah, right I forgot to show you my DA acc.
I barely update my DA ever since I got Office work but I did commission time to time it just I can't post the commission since it's exclusive art or the commissioner request not to reposted it.
also here SSKA#4057 my Discord for much more easier contact since my office also use discord so I probably online almost everyday.
Ah, I like your work! I'm sure I can utilize it at some point after the engine is completed ^_^ Thanks!

Anonynn yeah, I just pledged whoooping 10.80$/y just to show a support to you!
Work hard, be yourself, reach the stars, dude!
Hey, I really appreciate that! ;) Thank you so much! :D I'll likely be dropping another post about the engine progress soon and the character viewer as well. So I'll be sure to mention your name again in the thank yous!

Anonynn.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Usokitsuki

May 1, 2018
Came to comment on "why isn't this marked as Abandoned yet?" to find out that something is actually happening with it, which is nice (if it leads to something, and I hope my scepticism is understandable with how many abandoned-then-revived-then-abandoned projects there are). I hope that the new engine allows to keep the mechanics you already laid out in current one. For one, I really liked the ability to shift your clothes (such as partially, or completely unbuttoning your shirt) when I first discovered the game, and it definitely was implemented much less clunkier than most other similar systems (looking at you, Lilith's throne). It might seem like a novelty to some, but small details like these provide an unproportional amount of immersion to the player.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Came to comment on "why isn't this marked as Abandoned yet?" to find out that something is actually happening with it, which is nice (if it leads to something, and I hope my scepticism is understandable with how many abandoned-then-revived-then-abandoned projects there are). I hope that the new engine allows to keep the mechanics you already laid out in current one. For one, I really liked the ability to shift your clothes (such as partially, or completely unbuttoning your shirt) when I first discovered the game, and it definitely was implemented much less clunkier than most other similar systems (looking at you, Lilith's throne). It might seem like a novelty to some, but small details like these provide an unproportional amount of immersion to the player.
Yup! The new engine is coming along....a little slower than I like, but chugging along nevertheless! And yes, it will lead to something, no worries. I'm very eager to get working on the game again, but I can't directly until the engine is further along. In the meantime, I've been fiddling with making a character viewer (might as well try to get something done)! ^_^ The ability to shift clothes will still be in the new upcoming version too as well as hairstyles and hopefully will be even more streamlined. I do enjoy little details like that too which is why I incorporated it in the game in the first place, hahaa. I want the player to become as close to their character as possible and for tiny little things to add up in a big way.

If you have any more questions about it or anything let me know and I'll be happy to explain! :D

Anonynn

1.90 star(s) 7 Votes